Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

WesternTiger said:
Might want another ruck there ToO to help against Cox and Nic Nat.

Quite right Westie. Looks like Polak might get the gig if today's form at Coburg is any indicator.

Actually I've been pretty impressed on the whole with the selections this season so I'm going to give these threads a wide berth from here on for the rest of the year.
Dimma seems to be getting plenty more right than wrong at the selection table so I'm not questioning too much at this stage.

Tigers of Old said:
Quite right Westie. Looks like Polak might get the gig if today's form at Coburg is any indicator.

Actually I've been pretty impressed on the whole with the selections this season so I'm going to give these threads a wide birth from here on for the rest of the year.
Dimma seems to be getting plenty more right than wrong at the selection table so I'm not questioning too much at this stage
Twins? :eek:

PurpleSneakers said:
I think Martin might be out because of the corkie.

No good if that's the case, been enjoying his work.

Speaking of which Griffiths must be a chance to return next week which will also make it hard to predict selections.

If we want to beat the Eagles, we need to get as much leg speed into the team as possible.

We also need to play with an open forward line because Jack one on one is not going to be stopped by them. So blokes who can kick it long with enough accuracy to give Jack that opportunity are a must.

Harry said:
Over the next few weeks -

In - Foley, Connors, Post, Griffiths, Moore, Jackson, Browne, Gourdis
Out - Farmer, Nason, Simmons, Nahas, McGuane, Tuck, Collins, white

B......Newman........Gourdis.........Tambling
HB....Connors.........Astbury........Moore
C......Cousins.........Deledio.........Martin
HF....Edwards.........Post............Morton
F......Riewoldt.........Griffiths.......King
R......Graham..........Cotchin.......Foley
Int ...Browne.....Jackson....Webberly....Thursfield

can't afford to have both tuck and jackson in the side
enough of mcguane - time to find better. gourdis in. Moore or thursfield third man up.
nason, nahas and collins look tired and weak - need some extended games in coburg
webberly is adjusting to the pace and looking better
browne and vickery to rotate in the 2nd ruck spot
connors, tambling, newman and moore to provide run out of defense.
chb will be good for astburys development
deledio, martin, foley, cotchin, and cousins in the thick of the action in the middle with king, jackson and edwards to rotate
enough quality in the middle - need to back themselves and take the opposition on with link up play. enough of this bomb it blindly stuff.
Griffiths and Post to provide key targets.
Riewoldt to be third up. will play even better.
bring in some height and size.

Tuck? been one of our best over the last month!!

shamekha said:
Can all the people who keep saying put Gourdis in, please wait until he gets off the rookie list. He cant come into the team. And his form in the 2's isnt screaming, i'm a walk up start.

Cant we elevate him from this weeK? Or is that next week? Regardless of his 'screaming' form we are struggling for key positions in the backline, too under-sized. I think Gourdis needs to get some AFL game time to gain experience and see how he progresses. He is 21 now, we have to bite the bullet sooner or later.

momentai said:
Assuming their fitness,
In Connors Foley Gourdis Griffiths Jackson Moore Post.
Out Collins Edwards Farmer Morton Nahas Simmonds Thursfield

B Mcguane Gourdis* Connors
HB Deledio Moore King
C Tambling Cotchin Martin
HF Newman Griffiths Foley
F Nason Riewoldt Post
R Graham Jackson White
Res Astbury Cousins Webberly Tuck
Em Browne Edwards Polo.
Looking at this again following Coburgs result today, I think we should do it differently particularly against Niknat and Cox. We can only hope to limit these two and I think the weight and size of Browne may be the key. Gourdis and Connors should be given their chance and Polak rather than Mcguane on the resting ruckman.

In Browne Polak Connors Foley Gourdis Griffiths Jackson Moore and Rance, just the lazy 9 changes.
Out Collins, Edwards, Farmer, Mcguane, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Simmonds and Thursfield.

B Polak Gourdis Newman, (now in career best form).
HB Deledio Moore King
C Connors Cotchin Martin
HF Cousins Griffiths Tambling
F Tuck Riewoldt Rance
R Browne Jackson Foley
Res Astbury Graham Webberly White = more of a rotation really. :p

Harry said:

If Tuck is our fifth best player and Jacko is our fourth best player, you still wouldn't play them in the same side?

As for Reiwoldt being demoted to third tall behind two guys with a total of ten games to their name, the less said the better...

lukeanddad said:
If Tuck is our fifth best player and Jacko is our fourth best player, you still wouldn't play them in the same side?

As for Reiwoldt being demoted to third tall behind two guys with a total of ten games to their name, the less said the better...

Tuck and Jackson aren't our 5th and 4th best. both struggle big time with decision making and disposal. win the hard ball but do nothing with the ball. need much better in the midfield.

Jack will be better if we had bigger key forwards around him. Third tall he would be a massive headache for opposition.

Tigers of Old said:
No good if that's the case, been enjoying his work.

Speaking of which Griffiths must be a chance to return next week which will also make it hard to predict selections.
Griffiths is a certainty this week. Hardwick said it in his press conference after the game.

Harry said:
Jack will be better if we had bigger key forwards around him. Third tall he would be a massive headache for opposition.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Hilarious - you can't see Reiwoldt as a key forward but like McGuane as a key back - that's some seriously messed up thinking IMO

Harry said:

enough of mcguane - time to find better. gourdis in. Moore or thursfield third man up.
nason, nahas and collins look tired and weak - need some extended games in coburg
webberly is adjusting to the pace and looking better
browne and vickery to rotate in the 2nd ruck spot
connors, tambling, newman and moore to provide run out of defense.
chb will be good for astburys development
deledio, martin, foley, cotchin, and cousins in the thick of the action in the middle with king, jackson and edwards to rotate
enough quality in the middle - need to back themselves and take the opposition on with link up play. enough of this bomb it blindly stuff.
bring in some height and size.

I like the balance and would like to see the goo upgraded and in the side. Would keep Tuck in maybe if dusty needs a rest. This side is taller and stronger and won't be pushed off it (except for Titch of course!)

Harry said:

I don't mind this Team. I would however swap Astbury and Post as you need a lead up CHF if Riewoldt and Griffiths are playing deep. Also Vickey on the bench in place of Browne. Morton and King.........??? Taylor and Nahas please

Big Cat Lover said:
Hilarious - you can't see Reiwoldt as a key forward but like McGuane as a key back - that's some seriously messed up thinking IMO
Like most "Jack is a KPP"supporters you have missed the point.You are not worried that on friday night Jack kicked 6 of the 8 goals?
If you are not worried then i guess you and the club havn,t learnt from our mistakes in the past[Richo].At least Richo had the Body and reach to cope with being two teamed.

The Cotch said:
People saying Collins out? pfft.

agree

beaker is actually one guy if he put on some size that could be that big hard running outside mid we need

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Like most "Jack is a KPP"supporters you have missed the point.You are not worried that on friday night Jack kicked 6 of the 8 goals?
If you are not worried then i guess you and the club havn,t learnt from our mistakes in the past[Richo].At least Richo had the Body and reach to cope with being two teamed.

Of course he needs another big body there - Griffiths hopefully will be the other key forward. I'm all for a better structure and have argued our spine is a weakness. We seem to be sorting out the tall forwards. I'll never understand us going into games with Morton as the 2nd marking target.
What is your point? Jack should play 3rd fiddle to 2 other tall forwards? That he cannot take contested marks? Why do you think he should be the 3rd tall?
It only worried me that Jack missed a couple of "sitters".