Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

GoodOne said:
Best game for us so far. I dont understand either.

Actually some stats in terms of all Tiger players last night, Webberley was 6th in total possessions, equal 4th in total tackles, equal 4th in total clearances, 1st in inside 50s, 5th in contested possessions, equal 6th in 1%ers.

i wouldnt be dropping king or thursfeild..both played good games last night..i saw thurs do a lot of cool running and spoiling..king killed delsanto...
however with jackson and connors and hopefuully griffiths and foley will be fit and available and thereore they must be immediete selections..so who goes???...well for me nahas and nason need a rest,im not sure who else goes but out of webberley astbury morton white and farmer,..simmo of course(vickery should replace him)..id rather see morton given a few more chances

Griffiths is a definite in. Hardwick said it in his press conference last night.

IN's= Griffiths, Foley, Jackson, Polak/Vickery/Browne (depending how they go tomorrow), Connors, Moore
Outs=Simmonds, Nason (rest), Morton, Thursfield, Farmer, Webberley (not deserved but needs to make way for one of Foley or Jackson)

Thre are some obvious ins so will be very intetesting this week - Jackson and Connors back form their suspensions. Foley and Griffiths and Moore will play if fit. A second ruck will come in for Simmonds - probably Polak ATM.

That's 6 - interesting if they go like for like and drop Collins and King for Jacko and Foley or they go on form as opposed to structure.

In: Foley, Jackson, Conners, Moore, Griffiths

Out: Simmons, Farmer, Nason, Morton, McGuane

lamb22 said:
Thre are some obvious ins so will be very intetesting this week - Jackson and Connors back form their suspensions. Foley and Griffiths and Moore will play if fit. A second ruck will come in for Simmonds - probably Polak ATM.

That's 6 - interesting if they go like for like and drop Collins and King for Jacko and Foley or they go on form as opposed to structure.

I'd rather we put in the blokes who deserve a game. Certainly reckon Collins & King are in our best 22.

tiger_25 said:
In: Foley, Jackson, Conners, Moore, Griffiths

Out: Simmons, Farmer, Nason, Morton, McGuane

Pretty good call. Don't reckon McGuane would be dropped. I'd lose Nahas and White well before McGuane and Farmer.

Elmer said:
That is a new low for the English language, even for PRE.

(not a personal stab at jai - rather the text speak garbage that passes as language.)
thanks im as low as i can get

In: Foley, Jackson, Griffiths, Connors, Moore,

Out: Simmonds, Nahas, King, Morton, Thursfield

Astbury should be developed as a rebounding tall. Griffiths full forward. Nahas not up to it

tigersforever06 said:
Out: Simmonds, Nahas, King, Morton, Thursfield

It is unfathomable to have King & Thursfield out before White White touched it 7 times, with one effective kick - to Jack, one out. White does not have a clue in close. And Nason is clearly in need of a break.

ins: Foley, Jackson, Moore, Vickery, Griffiths, Connors
outs: simmonds, Morton, Nason, Astbury ?

Moore Thursfield Newman
Deleidio Mc Guane Tambling
Martin Cotchin Connors
Cotchin Riewolt Tuck
Nahas Griffiths King
Graham Jackson Foley

lamb22 said:

Collins had a pretty good game I thought. Only had 75% game time so should be a bit fresher too. I would think Nahas or Nason would be dropped before Collins.

CC TIGER said:
Le Cras will be an important match up, maybe King :)

Moore or Thirsty would my first options
Definitely not King. LeCras can mark above his head and on the lead - this will rule King out. Moore went with Rioli a few weeks ago - could be worth a try. Thursfield was embarrassed by Milne, not worth being wrong twice. Farmer a better chance than Thursfield or King I would have thought.

With Riewoldt playing deep forward we need to develop a CHF someone or 2 who can present for when we are coming out of defence so Post Astbury Polak etc should be played in that role I think with Griffiths size he may play deep & Riewoldt may roam around the forward line but I think Hardwick plays a more structerd game plan. You could see last night how much confidence the side got when Jack was on fire in the forwardline imagine if we had another tall option up around half forward.

Inspector said:
With Riewoldt playing deep forward we need to develop a CHF someone or 2 who can present for when we are coming out of defence so Post Astbury Polak etc should be played in that role I think with Griffiths size he may play deep & Riewoldt may roam around the forward line but I think Hardwick plays a more structerd game plan. You could see last night how much confidence the side got when Jack was on fire in the forwardline imagine if we had another tall option up around half forward.

If you could manage to keep the forward line open enough for a one on one contest you'd stick with the Reiwoldt show. Reality though is that the opposition wisens up and uses someone to block the hole as Saints did with Goddard later in the game. Certainly having another tall target would mean more respect would have to be given by the opposition, but you'd want to make sure the two talls played fairly wide of each other. Think Brisbane for example has been struggling with Brown and Fev in the same space (although injury is also playing a part). It's a fine line, if they play too close the second defender an easily peel off his man and act as a second spoiler.

Over the next few weeks -

In - Foley, Connors, Post, Griffiths, Moore, Jackson, Browne, Gourdis
Out - Farmer, Nason, Simmons, Nahas, McGuane, Tuck, Collins, white

B......Newman........Gourdis.........Tambling
HB....Connors.........Astbury........Moore
C......Cousins.........Deledio.........Martin
HF....Edwards.........Post............Morton
F......Riewoldt.........Griffiths.......King
R......Graham..........Cotchin.......Foley
Int ...Browne.....Jackson....Webberly....Thursfield

can't afford to have both tuck and jackson in the side
enough of mcguane - time to find better. gourdis in. Moore or thursfield third man up.
nason, nahas and collins look tired and weak - need some extended games in coburg
webberly is adjusting to the pace and looking better
browne and vickery to rotate in the 2nd ruck spot
connors, tambling, newman and moore to provide run out of defense.
chb will be good for astburys development
deledio, martin, foley, cotchin, and cousins in the thick of the action in the middle with king, jackson and edwards to rotate
enough quality in the middle - need to back themselves and take the opposition on with link up play. enough of this bomb it blindly stuff.
Griffiths and Post to provide key targets.
Riewoldt to be third up. will play even better.
bring in some height and size.

Can all the people who keep saying put Gourdis in, please wait until he gets off the rookie list. He cant come into the team. And his form in the 2's isnt screaming, i'm a walk up start.

i think there will be minimal changes for the rest of the season. the goal is to get a team playing together week in week out and i'm getting the impression that Hardwick has a fair idea on who is now in his best team. Maybe just some jigging here and there but i don't think we will see the 5-6 changes we seen early in the season unless it is absolutely necessary.

My 2c.

IN:
Foley if fit
Browne - Gus will need a chop out against Cox and NicNat
Jackson
Moore if fit
Griffiths if fit
Polo

OUT:
Simmo - thanks mate
Morton - was very average
Nason - looking tired and IMO needs a rest
Nahas - also looks tired
Tambling - I can't acceept a 5 possession first half when the game is up for grabs. Needs to do lots more.
Farmer - I'm not convinced and I think Polo is a better option.

I would make Connors wait another week - Let's not let him think he's a walk up start. Keep his ego in check.

poppa x said:
My 2c.

IN:
Foley if fit
Browne - Gus will need a chop out against Cox and NicNat
Jackson
Moore if fit
Griffiths if fit
Polo

OUT:
Simmo - thanks mate
Morton - was very average
Nason - looking tired and IMO needs a rest
Nahas - also looks tired
Tambling - I can't acceept a 5 possession first half when the game is up for grabs. Needs to do lots more.
Farmer - I'm not convinced and I think Polo is a better option.

I would make Connors wait another week - Let's not let him think he's a walk up start. Keep his ego in check.

Connors has waited the last 8 weeks to come in, absolutely bring him back in, he has done his penalty, he has played very well in the VFL. He is a big inclusion to the team

lamb22 said:
Out: Simmo, Mcguane, Morton, Nason ( leg/rest) Nahas Thursfield White Webberley (leg/rest)

In Moore Gourdis Connors Jackson Foley Taylor Griffiths Polak

Farmer Gourdis Moore
Newman Deledio Connors
Cousins Martin Edwards
Tambling Griffiths King
Astbury Jack Taylor
Graham Jackson Cotchin

Int Polak Foley Collins Tuck

Very close to what I would do although I think Tambling must be played at BP (could he play on Le Cras?). Farmer....jury out so keep giving him opportunity, he has a decent kick on him when he gets it right and goes long

Polak - I assume you mean as second ruck? Definitely not as key position

Agree on the cousins comment too, did some great stuff in tight and ran the game out well. He has super vision under pressure. Is getting better as the weeks go by