Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

One-eyed Tiger said:
Agree with this. Thursfield and Farmer both got smashed by Milne! Thursfield may have been a bad matchup to start with

I liked the Thursfield on Milne match-up, indeed called for it earlier in the week, but it didn't work this time.

Thursfield caned him in a recent meeting between the two sides (remember the caning, but not when it occured), but tonight Milne broke loose and took his opportunities.

Streak said:
I liked the Thursfield on Milne match-up, indeed called for it earlier in the week, but it didn't work this time.

Thursfield caned him in a recent meeting between the two sides (remember the caning, but not when it occured), but tonight Milne broke loose and took his opportunities.

Must have been an off day by Milne when Thursfield caned him. I really can't see how that was a good matchup. Milne is quick and needs a fleet-footed smaller player against him. Once he gets the sniff, he's going to play a blinder. Cut his opportunities early and he usually falls back into his shell. When Farmer was placed on him, he did no better however. Maybe Tambling could have sacrificed his game and played tight on Milne? Don't know, maybe we don't have the cattle anyway to provide a solution.

Why are some asking for King and Webberley to be dropped. King has played very well the last few gamesas has Webberley.
Nason needs a rest and the break will do him good.
Farmer had a poor game as did Nahas but Id keep Nahas in to play the small forward role against the Weagles.
Something is definitely going on with Morton

IN: Foley, Jackson, Vickery, Connors, Moore, Griffiths

OUT: White, Nason, Simmonds, McGuane, Farmer, Morton

Tigers of Old said:
OuT: Farmer, Thursfield, Simmonds, Morton, Nason (rest)
In: Foley, Connors, Jackson, Griffiths, Post

Might want another ruck there ToO to help against Cox and Nic Nat.

WesternTiger said:
Might want another ruck there ToO to help against Cox and Nic Nat.

:hihi The majority on here have forgotten to add another ruckman too.

Anyway, I think White will keep his spot. We'll need to rest one or two kids, Martin went into the game with his thigh strapped up carrying a knock from last week's game and copped another one around in the same region. Nahas needs to have his papers stamped IMO, and I guess Morton will need to throw away the Michael Jackson glove and continue his rehabilitation back at Coburg. Vickery to assist Graham, with Jackson, Connors, & maybe Foley adding grunt.

Don't think Moore will get a gig GPB? Reckon he'd at the very least take one of Thirsfield or McGuane's spots.

Out: Farmer, White, McGuane, Simmonds, King, Morton, Nason (rest)
In: Connors, Foley, Gourdis, Browne, Jackson, Griffiths, Moore

B Thursfield Gourdis Tambling
HB Moore Astbury Connors
C Newman Martin Jackson
HF Deledio Riewoldt Cousins
F Edwards Griffiths Nahas
R Graham Foley Cotchin
Int Browne Webberley Tuck Collins

GoodOne said:
Don't think Moore will get a gig GPB? Reckon he'd at the very least take one of Thirsfield or McGuane's spots.

Yes, he should get a game I would think. I also didn't add Griffiths whom I would think should be playing too, well then if that's the case we may be looking to make about 5-6 changes. That's a great thing with so many players at the moment vying for a position in the team. I would like to use the word depth here but I'll keep that myself. ;D

geoffryprettyboy said:
I would like to use the word depth here but I'll keep that myself. ;D

hehe, I think the reality is lack of injuries rather than depth.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yes, he should get a game I would think. I also didn't add Griffiths whom I would think should be playing too, well then if that's the case we may be looking to make about 5-6 changes. That's a great thing with so many players at the moment vying for a position in the team. I would like to use the word depth here but I'll keep that myself. ;D
It's not so much depth but a lack of an established 22.

One of Nason or Nahas must go. Will be very interesting at Coburg. If Browne or Post back up with another good effort, both should be considered for Morton and Simmonds. Vickery to stay at Coburg until he shows something.

monteath said:
One of Nason or Nahas must go. Will be very interesting at Coburg. If Browne or Post back up with another good effort, both should be considered for Morton and Simmonds. Vickery to stay at Coburg until he shows something.

Isnt Browne playing in Coburg reserves this week?

[
and maybe give dea a go and maybe roberts and taylor
[/quote]

I think Dea is on the injury list - indefinite

Why do posters want to drop Webberley thought he was good last night has penetration in his kicking & breaks well into space.

OUT - White Morton Simmonds Nahas Astbury McGuane

IN - Foley Connors Browne Griffiths Jackson Moore

Farmer Thursfield Newman
Connors Moore Webberley
Tambling Deledio Edwards
Collins Riewoldt Cousins
King Griffiths Nason
Graham Tuck Cotchin
Browne Jackson Martin Foley

Inspector said:
Why do posters want to drop Webberley thought he was good last night has penetration in his kicking & breaks well into space.

Best game for us so far. I dont understand either.