Team for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team for West Coast

Barnzy said:
Yes, I would not be surprised if he is dropped but would not be surprised if he stays in either if that makes sense. We lack that mid-sized forward option, he's played well kicking 4 goals in the VFL and has come in and struggled. Not alone there. I would give him another chance and see how he goes with Hardwick flagging Griffiths is likely return, that will help him a lot as the structure wasn't ideal tonight. I thought his effort and intensity was there tonight, things just didn't fall into place.

Same old same old - 8 possessions at 25 % efficiency tonight.

lamb22 said:
Same old same old - 8 possessions at 25 % efficiency tonight.

King's efficiency wasn't great either but you want him to stay in. Those 2 out on the fulls under pressure count as ineffective kicks.

Both the above teams look OK. I don't really rate McGuane, but we need his bigger body down back instead of Astbury. He's underdeveloped and looks more a natural forward to me.

Immediate outs have to be Nahas; Morton, Farmer, White and Simmonds (retired); Question marks over Thursfield and also whether Nason should be rested as well.

King has no long term position in the team, but he won't be dropped on the basis of tonight's game which was ok. Like the idea of playing Tambling down back with occasional run on a wing. He should never be used forward again.

Ins would be: Foley, Jackson, Connors, Polak, Griffiths and Moore

Barnzy said:
King's efficiency wasn't great either but you want him to stay in. Those 2 out on the fulls under pressure count as ineffective kicks.

Come on Morton been taking useless pot shots and putting them OOF for years, almost his trademark. He was hopeless tonight.

Barnzy said:
59% is quite a bit higher than 25% and also isn't far off the team average on the night of 67%
King also held one of the better Saints midfielders, I'm not sure if Morton had any impact at all
You really are pushing *smile* uphill here

lamb22 said:
Come on Morton been taking useless pot shots and putting them OOF for years, almost his trademark. He was hopeless tonight.

He's also kicked 80+ goals in those couple of years. He has runs on the board King could only dream about. In a bad slump at the moment, really hope Hardwick can pull him out of it and make him a better player for it. As I said, would not be surprised if he's dropped but I'd give him 1 more chance.

Assuming their fitness,
In Connors Foley Gourdis Griffiths Jackson Moore Post.
Out Collins Edwards Farmer Morton Nahas Simmonds Thursfield

B Mcguane Gourdis* Connors
HB Deledio Moore King
C Tambling Cotchin Martin
HF Newman Griffiths Foley
F Nason Riewoldt Post
R Graham Jackson White
Res Astbury Cousins Webberly Tuck
Em Browne Edwards Polo.

Barnzy said:
I thought his effort and intensity was there tonight.

Morton's "effort and intensity"?

And King is the first one you want dropped after his job on Dal Santo?

You're opinion is now at the ignorable level. What a joke. ;D

RedanTiger said:
Morton's "effort and intensity"?

And King is the first one you want dropped after his job on Dal Santo?

You're opinion is now at the ignorable level. What a joke. ;D

I've already said it wouldn't surprise me if Morton was dropped so I don't get your point.

Vickery will come in for Simmonds won't he, against Natunui ?

Jackson for King

Rance maybe, for Farmer

Connors for Astbury

if fit Moore (to rest McGuane - or sloppy Thursfield who could play on Kennedy)

if fit Foley, and rest Nason or White or Collins, Webberley or Nahas

out--- nason (rested)--nahas-- simmo--morton--thursty webberly

in--- griff--- axel---jacko---tv---taylor--moore

backs tambling--- moore-- newman

h]backs-connors---mcguane--deledio

mids--- jacko--- martyn---- cotch

h4wds-- tich--- griff--- cuz

4wrds--- tv----jack---taylor

rucks---gus---tuck---foley

int--astbury-- white --king--farmer

jai guru daiva said:
h4wds...

4wrds...
That is a new low for the English language, even for PRE.

(not a personal stab at jai - rather the text speak garbage that passes as language.)

Out: Morton, Mcguane, Farmer, Simmonds, Nahas, Edwards
In: Griffiths, Moore, Connors, Browne, Foley, Jackson

Tigers of Old said:
OuT: Farmer, Thursfield, Simmonds, Morton, Nason (rest)
In: Foley, Connors, Jackson, Griffiths, Post

Agree with this. Thursfield and Farmer both got smashed by Milne! Thursfield may have been a bad matchup to start with but geez Farmer looks slow, almost Plapp-like turning arc.

The greatest beneficiary of the Connors suspension was Farmer but he hasn't exactly seized the day!

Astbury was terrible down back early and looked much better up forward. Some will beg to differ but we missed Kel Moore tonite. How long is he out for?

Morton looked lost. Nason looked tired. Webberly tried hard but may need a rest too, was Tuck-like in his ability to boot it long to nobody.

Wish the King knockers would give it a rest. I thought he played well for the second week in a row and kept Dal Santo reasonably quiet. Sign him up Craig ;D

Nahas can count himself lucky. He's really starting to get found out as one sided and even that side aint great. He'd want to find a left foot FAST......

This will upset Barnzy (and others) but I reckon Jake King has more skill then Nahas.

The other one who may come back is Vickery as he wasn't dropped so much as rested.

This could be our strongest team of the year.

OUTS from: Farmer, Thursfield, Simmonds, Morton, Nason, Nahas, Webberly, White
INS from: Foley, Connors, Jackson, Griffiths, Post, Vickery, Moore, Gourdis?

Barnzy said:
Wouldn't mind seeing this:

OUT: King, White, Thursfield, Nason (rest), Simmonds (retired), Farmer, McGuane (ordinary, would like to see them change up the defensive structure and rotate some players through there), Nahas
IN: Foley, Jackson, Gourdis, Griffiths, Browne, Connors, Moore, Taylor

Farmer is not exactly offering a lot defensively at the moment so replaced by Connors and Webberly stays. Gourdis has been decent apparently for Coburg getting a number of bests, let's see if he anything to offer as he's been on and off the list for a few years now. Good size, athetlic, give it a go! Deledio back in the middle to hurt the opposition with his skills now with Connors back (hopefully). Edwards to play forward where he belongs, not back. Tambling to play BP in the Farmer position and take opposition small forwards. I believe this is his best long-term position. Strong body, good speed, good contested mark. Why not? Morton another chance, some words during the week and played out of nessecity more than anything as a target and to see if he can gain his Coburg form of 4 goals and he normally plays well against the Eagles.

Here's the team....roughly.

B: Moore Gourdis Connors
HB: Newman Astbury Webberly
C: Deledio Cotchin Martin
HF: Cousins Griffiths Edwards
F: Taylor Riewoldt Morton
Foll: Graham, Foley, Jackson
I/C: Browne, Tuck, Collins, Tambling

What do people think of this team? I doubt it will happen exactly like this and a player here or there might go/stay but I like it a lot. This team has better structure, more height all over the ground and more skill. Make it happen Dimma!

I like it. Better structure and skill. Alot of the eggs out of the team will definately improve us.

GO TIGES!!!