Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
Interesting that the coach praised his game. Maybe there is something going on that the average supporter is not aware of. From the outside it does look like his output has dropped significantly but if the coach is specifically praising him after the game he must be doing something right.

Between this thread and the Lids thread, plus the plethora of early picks we have since delisted, I wonder if we will ever truly understand the damage the Miller / Wallace regime did to this club and to the careers of our early draft picks.

arlobill said:
one thing i do feel sure about is that players who cosistently turn the ball over and show poor skills should be down at coburg until these areas improve, as whats the point of having the ball if ya only gonna turn it over??
Geez Billy Boy...that would leave us with four players each week.

IMO Bling is one of our more skillful footballers. Sure he has been down a little this season but heck....he is hardly on his pat malone there.

We have many bigger duds to sort out this year before we get to worrying about Bling.

wigglyworm said:
Interesting that the coach praised his game. Maybe there is something going on that the average supporter is not aware of. From the outside it does look like his output has dropped significantly but if the coach is specifically praising him after the game he must be doing something right.

Or he is trying to maintain his trade value for the end of the season if he wishes to go down that path.

rosy23 said:
There are a few whose comments about Richie that I just ignore, and one who is on very thin ice because of his. I don't have any agenda against Richie but I'm disappointed with his start to the season. He went through a down period last year and managed to turn it around. I hope he can do the same next week because I think he can do far better. What do you think of his performances so far this season?

not good enough at all but for some to even suggest he will be dropped and even delisted at years end is a joke. 23 yo 100 gamers are the types of players we can ill afford to get rid off especially when they have all the tools to play. the coaches must work with richie give him every opportunity to improve himself and he must be willing to work hard himself

i empathise with him because none of us would know the type of pressure he lives with day to day because of something he had ZERO control over

LidsBling&Cotch said:
not good enough at all but for some to even suggest he will be dropped and even delisted at years end is a joke. 23 yo 100 gamers are the types of players we can ill afford to get rid off especially when they have all the tools to play. the coaches must work with richie give him every opportunity to improve himself and he must be willing to work hard himself

i empathise with him because none of us would know the type of pressure he lives with day to day because of something he had ZERO control over

Get over it blossom, he's playing football not saving lives

Big Cat Lover said:
Get over it blossom, he's playing football not saving lives

doesn't matter if he is saving lives or playing footy for a living, work pressure affects you just the same. our players are all humans just like me (not sure about you) and have families and relationships that can be strained. look sat the bigger picture ans stop potting players for the sake of potting them

btw, save me your stupidity

arlobill said:
tambling no doubt looked awesome when he was young,a teenage star by alll reports, i wonder if the wallace regime simply killed that drive and confidence?? i wouldnt be surprised. ..

I think what this says is that no matter how good you are at junior level, there is no guarantee that will translate to the same sort of performance at AFL player. It's a totally new ball game and Tambling clearly struggles with his committment at times.

LidsBling&Cotch said:

What the? If this is the case maybe he should stand on a stool, look around and see the ^#&#* many people in society have to go through who are many times worse off. How many people get the opportunity to set themselves up in life? Take the opportunity with both hands or move over and let some one who truly appreciates their opportunity have a go. Had enough of all these excuses being thrown around.

GoodOne said:
What the? If this is the case maybe he should stand on a stool, look around and see the ^#&#* many people in society have to go through who are many times worse off. How many people get the opportunity to set themselves up in life? Take the opportunity with both hands or move over and let some one who truly appreciates their opportunity have a go. Had enough of all these excuses being thrown around.

do you know the difference between sympathise and empathise? when did anyone ever say they feel sorry for him?

LidsBling&Cotch said:

What?

Seriously get some perspective. Some of us actually do live with pressure, of both jobs and family, that are at times greater than that of an AFL football player. Sheesh.

As to the original question no he shouldn't be dropped. We can't afford to replace him. Who do you put there instead, King, McMahon? No way. Does Bling need a kick up the backside? Of course. He has the talent, I have no doubt, but the application I do doubt.

velo said:
What?

Seriously get some perspective. Some of us actually do live with pressure, of both jobs and family, that are at times greater than that of an AFL football player. Sheesh.

As to the original question no he shouldn't be dropped. We can't afford to replace him. Who do you put there instead, King, McMahon? No way. Does Bling need a kick up the backside? Of course. He has the talent, I have no doubt, but the application I do doubt.

and most of the time the pressure we find ourselves under is something we have control over and its not rammed down your throat every second of the day through the media, reporters people you meet on the street etc.

you are the one that needs some perspective

be careful, won't do his trade value any good, Im hoping for r2, i reckon he's a certainty to move on unless we see an abrupt improvement in his form :eek:

BillyJean17 said:
be careful, won't do his trade value any good, Im hoping for r2, i reckon he's a certainty to move on unless we see an abrupt improvement in his form :eek:

do u think that because of the coaching staff or a shift in tamblings situation?

LidsBling&Cotch said:
and most of the time the pressure we find ourselves under is something we have control over and its not rammed down your throat every second of the day through the media, reporters people you meet on the street etc.

It's hard to empathise with a footballer. If you were Tambling, and you went to Bourke St mall with your kids one weekend, you'd notice a few comments either behind his back or shouted out. It's hard enough but then imagine when your kids start asking you why everyone tells your dad he's useless and this "buddy" guy is better? Must be tough for him in Melbourne.

Hopefully he doesn't suffer from any kind of mental illness, because he's going to need a great deal of mental toughness to get his form back to where it was last year. Let's just support him and hope for the best, we know he's got the talent.

Needs to find a position badly, and then be left to settle in.

He is an AFL footballer.

We just need to decide if that is in a sweeping half back role, on the wing, or in a forward pocket.

Or, we leave him in the middle and let him sink or swim.

He has the tools.

rockstar_tiger said:
It's hard to empathise with a footballer. If you were Tambling, and you went to Bourke St mall with your kids one weekend, you'd notice a few comments either behind his back or shouted out. It's hard enough but then imagine when your kids start asking you why everyone tells your dad he's useless and this "buddy" guy is better? Must be tough for him in Melbourne.

Hopefully he doesn't suffer from any kind of mental illness, because he's going to need a great deal of mental toughness to get his form back to where it was last year. Let's just support him and hope for the best, we know he's got the talent.

well said mate

LidsBling&Cotch said:

I have perspective.

Outside the relatively small bubble that is Melbourne and AFL football there's a big world in which people work in high pressure jobs. It might surprise you, but some on here might face more scrutiny than you're aware of.

This "pressure" excuse doesn't cut it. Good players deal with it and still put results on the field.

Like I said, Bling shouldn't be dropped.