Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
watched a couple of Tambo's efforts yesterday where he was willing to provide an option and gave long leads that were just completely ignored by the bloke with the ball or they were too slow to realise he had 5 or 10 yards on his opponent. He can drift out of it sure but at times he is putting in and not having his leads honoured. Although that is probably symtematic of the whole team. Just too slow to move the ball. And too hesitant to trust their kicking skills or lack thereof.

Didn't sound like spin to me from Hardwick. Sounds like Tambling did the jobs asked of him. Would prefer that to 25 unaccountable disposals.

super_coach said:
the match versus Melbourne.
The coach of Richmond Football Club agrees with me.

I am sorry to go on, but I watched him closely, and he was absolutley terrible.

As Rosy said, 12 touches with 67% efficiency, on the back of three other very poor games is not up to scratch for a player player with nearly 100 games experience.

He has to be very close to being shown the door...

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Get to the game late did we?

One goal does not make an afternoon. You can defend that stuff if you like, but it will never be good enough to win a flag. Maybe that makes you happy, but I won't stand for it...

maverick said:
Didn't sound like spin to me from Hardwick. Sounds like Tambling did the jobs asked of him. Would prefer that to 25 unaccountable disposals.

Exactly. I'm neither pro tambling nor anti tambling but credit where credit's due. He played well yesterday.

Spanish Prisoner said:
One goal does not make an afternoon. You can defend that stuff if you like, but it will never be good enough to win a flag. Maybe that makes you happy, but I won't stand for it...
Like i said in another thread.Tambling was on fire in the first 15mins and was taken off due to this rotation BS.Why take him off?So if you can,t at least acknowledge that he was on fire in the first 15mins then clearly your hatred towards Tambling runs deeper than what pick he went at.

Spanish Prisoner said:

As Rosy said, 12 touches with 67% efficiency, on the back of three other very poor games is not up to scratch for a player player with nearly 100 games experience.

Why were you at the game SP? Didn't you get enough footy for the weekend after watching your beloved hawks get flogged :pop

Spanish Prisoner said:

Gee Buddy is going at one goal a game this year and he is actually paid to kick them - Will he get back in this week?

I know the realisation of how ordinary the Hawks are has sunk in and you need your Tambling therapy but you may just have to let it go as you will again have egg on your face like last year.

SP Accept the hawks are ordinary and take up gardening or something productive. Your childish attempts seeking attention on here dont work to your credit even though you may think they do.

rosy23 said:
A very disappointing start to the season but I can't see him getting dropped at this stage. More by default than good management really though. We don't have a lot of better options. I wish he could find it in himself to do better.
Agree

Spanish Prisoner said:

how do you reckon roughead is going. Should he be dropped?

Quote from: rosy23 on Today at 09:18:48 am
A very disappointing start to the season but I can't see him getting dropped at this stage. More by default than good management really though. We don't have a lot of better options. I wish he could find it in himself to do better.

Agree

agree here too

don't need 100 games experience or even ability to show some fair dinkum intensity at the ball and contest - he plods along giving the impression he just doesn't care enough for mine

Really we have had this debate pretty well consistently for the last six years - he is just a very average player. I can't think of any more valid excuses any more having been in the system for so long. Would he get a game with any other team in the AFL? Adelaide maybe? Even then I have my doubts? Still sadly probably retained by default.

Tygrys said:
.....Would he get a game with any other team in the AFL? Adelaide maybe?

That's often been asked about our entire team.  A few we let go are getting a run at other clubs this year and going quite ok.  I reckon Richie would be one of our players most likely to improve if he had a suitable role in a better team. Would get a game no worries.