Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
LidsBling&Cotch said:
if you expect bling to better then franklin then thats your choice. i dont

Where'd you get this stupid idea from? I have said from day 1, judge Tambling on his merits. Long before you decided to remove Bling from your username.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i'll assess him on his skill set and output in isolation and when doing that its fair to say he needs to work harder

Good so you won't think up any more excuses for his poor performances then. So we agree on this, he needs to work much harder.

Normally I would say yes, it is a good idea to drop sometimes to find touch. In this case though who do we bring in - thats the big question.

GoodOne said:
Where'd you get this stupid idea from? I have said from day 1, judge Tambling on his merits. Long before you decided to remove Bling from your username.

Good so you won't think up any more excuses for his poor performances then. So we agree on this, he needs to work much harder.

i dont make excuses and dont suffer fools. this conversation started because i said i felt empathy and you either misread or chose to ignore my comment. we all know that he needs to work harder, the only question is that when he does and performs at a level like last season is that enough for you?

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i dont make excuses and dont suffer fools. this conversation started because i said i felt empathy and you either misread or chose to ignore my comment. we all know that he needs to work harder, the only question is that when he does and performs at a level like last season is that enough for you?

Some bizarre analogies and comments confirm you're simply another blinkered richmond supporter. No objectivity. At least Disco rattles off stats to support his opinions on Tambling.

what does "I'll assess him on his skillset and output in isolation" mean? You doing it from a cell?

hellenictiger said:
He always plays with pressure but this year is by far the worse. I voted yes, but took it back because mcmahonn would come back in or even worse king.
He lives on handball recieves and this just meas he has to add to
his game to get a kick. We'll find out a bit about him if he can manage to
brake the 20 possession mark with the way things are going.
I must be watching a different bloke.....Richie ha to get his own ball which is where he gets into trouble attempting to get out of packs to use his pace.

Assomeone else aid he is a better outside player but in such a p poor side is struggling. at the moment

Has defended Tambling in the past but its starting to wear a bit thin.
If his form continues as it has this year then i have no problem in cutting our losses with him and put him up for Trade.
The only trade i would do involving Draft picks is with the GC,Any other sides draft pick would not be of any value.
Whats our archilles heal?A Ruckman.
Id put Tambling up for trade for any decent young Ruckman who is on the fringe at other clubs.
Hampson & Jacobs[Carl]
Bellchambers[Ess]
West[Geel]

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
If his form continues as it has this year then i have no problem in cutting our losses with him and put him up for Trade.
The only trade i would do involving Draft picks is with the GC,Any other sides draft pick would not be of any value.
Id put Tambling up for trade for any decent young Ruckman who is on the fringe at other clubs.
Hampson & Jacobs[Carl]
Bellchambers[Ess]
West[Geel]

Bellchambers barely got into the Dons side last year, and that was when they only had Ryder in the ruck with no support

He'd need to show a lot more promise before I'd even consider putting Tambling on the table for him

Still reckon we will not be seeing Tambling go anywhere

He's performing miles below the level he seemed to establish last year. The team getting thrashed every week might have something to do with it. While he has demonstrated good skills and instincts around contests and stoppages previously, he rarely if ever plays as a true inside mid. Basically our entire team's output is down because the ball is spending much more time with the opposition than it reasonably should.

IMO best thing for him would to drop him, pick the spot you want him to play long term and don't recall him until he's dominating in that spot every week.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Hampson & Jacobs[Carl]
Bellchambers[Ess]
West[Geel]

I don't think any of those clubs would agree to such a trade...

Disco08 said:
IMO best thing for him would to drop him, pick the spot you want him to play long term and don't recall him until he's dominating in that spot every week.

If you listen to Hardwick's post match conference from our last game he praises Tambling and said he had to play a few other positions as well on the day. Tambling must be doing something right and must be seen as some sort of asset in the eyes of coach.

Be that as it may, his output is clearly down and he needs to find gear sooner rather than later.

Spanish Prisoner said:
I don't think any of those clubs would agree to such a trade...
Whys that? Oh yes it would put us in direct conflict with your Hawks who would also be after a Ruckman. :-*

I think Foley missing is probably hurting his output too - as with Lids - as he gets first hands on the ball so often in contests and feeds it out to the runners. We'll see how Ritchie goes in a couple of weeks when Foley gets back.

One thing that annoys me with Tambling - When a ball is in his area he will basically jog to it as slow as possible and inevitable leads to him getting caught or him disposing of it backwards. Apparently he has explosive pace but he rarely if ever uses it.

Aaron Davey in the same situation, sprints to the ball, scoops it up and continues the run forward. Tambling just seems so lethargic in everything he does.

Disco08 said:
He's performing miles below the level he seemed to establish last year. The team getting thrashed every week might have something to do with it. While he has demonstrated good skills and instincts around contests and stoppages previously, he rarely if ever plays as a true inside mid. Basically our entire team's output is down because the ball is spending much more time with the opposition than it reasonably should.

Good point. We have been smashed in possessions, we are averaging over 120 less possessions a game than the opposition. We are not being smashed at the stoppages (we are 10th in 1st possessions and equal 11th in clearances) but we simply cannot hang onto the ball.

Reiwodlt is our leading kick getter this year with 48 kicks - 12 per game whilst Deledio has most possessions with 90.

Disco08 said:

Team getting thrashed would be a big consideration I reckon.

Remember having a bloke "Leon Ryan" from Nth Melb arrive in Qld and played a few games - dominated, except in games we were thrashed in by the top team - now I know it's hardly big league stuff - but like Tambling, he was reliant on extractors, and when they are under pressure all the time through skill, tackling and structure issues, guys like Tambling are gonna look a bit off their game. This even happened to Milne / Johnson a few years ago. This season Brent Harvey had a shocker amid a thrashing. He must have some additional issues though - and agree that dropping to Coburg does no player any harm whatsoever.

who would u bring in for him ? by far not our worse got bigger problems than Tambling !!! On a different subject what will happen with priority picks in 2011 draft ?? i read some where that they may be suspended ??

Big Cat Lover said:
Some bizarre analogies and comments confirm you're simply another blinkered richmond supporter. No objectivity. At least Disco rattles off stats to support his opinions on Tambling.

what does "I'll assess him on his skillset and output in isolation" mean? You doing it from a cell?

it means that i will not confuse the issue by looking at where he was drafted and who was drafted after him but you know what it means and its a rather poor attempt at being funny