Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
B1 and B2 said:
There is a Tambling Topic that has been started, not sure if users are aware ::)
This has been mentioned in the topic a few times.

B2

This is a poll that's attracting some interest Bananas. dont be a sook.

rosy23 said:
A very disappointing start to the season but I can't see him getting dropped at this stage. More by default than good management really though. We don't have a lot of better options. I wish he could find it in himself to do better.
Well said rosy.

Barkdog said:
watched a couple of Tambo's efforts yesterday where he was willing to provide an option and gave long leads that were just completely ignored by the bloke with the ball or they were too slow to realise he had 5 or 10 yards on his opponent.

So lead again and again and again. If every player did this everytime then you suddenly open up the game. We're not back at little league, where you spit your dummy because a lead wasn't honoured. It's the mentality. That's Tamblings greatest problem right now (and he's not on his lonesome in that department).

No he should not be dropped. He is in our top 10 players and regardless of supporter expectation for that reason alone he will stay in the team (barring injury) for all 22 rounds.

rosy23 said:
That's often been asked about our entire team. A few we let go are getting a run at other clubs this year and going quite ok. I reckon Richie would be one of our players most likely to improve if he had a suitable role in a better team. Would get a game no worries.

Not displaying his current form I don't think so. I guess the revelant question would he get on another clubs list if he was delisted or offered for trade? He probably would, although whether he would last or not who knows? It he didn't it wouldn't be the first time that a high draft pick from Richmond tried to re-establish his career at another club only to be found deficient. Just look at Aaron Fiora. Again he's nothing special and if he values his carerr he simply can't afford to coast any more.

Mr Magic said:
No he should not be dropped. He is in our top 10 players and regardless of supporter expectation for that reason alone he will stay in the team (barring injury) for all 22 rounds.

Top 10 this season ...... really?

Tygrys said:
Not displaying his current form I don't think so. I guess the revelant question would he get on another clubs list if he was delisted or offered for trade? He probably would, although whether he would last or not who knows? It he didn't it wouldn't be the first time that a high draft pick from Richmond tried to re-establish his career at another club only to be found deficient. Just look at Aaron Fiora. Again he's nothing special and if he values his career he simply can't afford to coast any more.

I have supported Tambling for quiet a long time, but its time for him to find some form and confidence again. Correct me if im wrong I may be, but 23 touches in the last two weeks? I know there is more to the game than his disposals but his under 70% in hitting a target and he needs to be dropped.

seems the same half dozen or so posters that reel out the same old lines after every performance regardless of how he plays. its quite funny

Its Tambos 100th game this week.
Come on Richie make it a game to remember LIFT!

from memory the only time he dominated four quarters was in WA against West Coast when Reiwoldt also played well. so if it's horses for courses then....
just out of interset is he tradable to one of the new sides at end of year? if the answer is yes then play him all year then decide. could get a good tall for him.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
seems the same half dozen or so posters that reel out the same old lines after every performance regardless of how he plays. its quite funny

Didnt you used to be LidsBling&Cotch and then change it to Lids&Cotch? I think that's funnier.

cmontiges said:
from memory the only time he dominated four quarters was in WA against West Coast when Reiwoldt also played well. so if it's horses for courses then....
just out of interset is he tradable to one of the new sides at end of year? if the answer is yes then play him all year then decide. could get a good tall for him.

Unless Richie played right out of his skin, I think you will find we'll be disappointed with what other teams will offer for him.

I do agree though with the idea of leaving him in the team. We have to make a decision here come year's end. Lets make sure we have all the evidence we need one way or the other.

the simple fact that 6 years and 100 games later we are still questioning his value speaks volumes doesnt it??..personally im tired of watching him plod around the oval,rarely shows any intensity and i cant recall ever seeing him play ONE incredible game...i hope i end up with egg all over my face and the guy ends up having a great great career but i doubt its going to happen..he is not in our best 10 players imo (lids,cotch,martin,reiwoldt,morton,thurs,foley,jackson,cuz,mcguanne,nason)..and yes he should be dropped....ps..he did kick a great goal last weekend...and yes he showed some incouraging SIGNS last year.

arlobill said:
the simple fact that 6 years and 100 games later we are still questioning his value speaks volumes doesnt it??..personally im tired of watching him plod around the oval,rarely shows any intensity and i cant recall ever seeing him play ONE incredible game...i hope i end up with egg all over my face and the guy ends up having a great great career but i doubt its going to happen..he is not in our best 10 players imo (lids,cotch,martin,reiwoldt,morton,thurs,foley,jackson,cuz,mcguanne,nason)..and yes he should be dropped....ps..he did kick a great goal last weekend...and yes he showed some incouraging SIGNS last year.

McGuane and Nason in our Top 10??

OMG...WE'RE DOOMED :eek:

Seriously...McGuane defintely not...Nason has played 4 games and although he shows promise (ie one of our best on Sunday) he still has a bit to go yet.

I'd like to know what Davey asked Tambling after the final siren on Sunday?
Appeared to be something on the lines, is everything OK?
Nah nah, all OK bro.

LidsBling&Cotch said:

Agree, even when he plays poorly he continues to get praise

LidsBling&Cotch said:

There are a few whose comments about Richie that I just ignore, and one who is on very thin ice because of his. I don't have any agenda against Richie but I'm disappointed with his start to the season. He went through a down period last year and managed to turn it around. I hope he can do the same next week because I think he can do far better. What do you think of his performances so far this season?

He was pretty innefectual against the dees.

His disposal was okay, but his effort to present a target for his teammates was the part I was most disappointed in, and his tackling....well, my granny would side-step him or shrug him off.

He has the ability, he needs some refining but most of all, motivating.

tambling no doubt looked awesome when he was young,a teenage star by alll reports, i wonder if the wallace regime simply killed that drive and confidence?? i wouldnt be surprised. ..
the guy obviously as the talent somewhere in him, it would one of the great stories of our year if hardwick could find that talent and confidence in ritchie , develope it and turn his career around,.lets face it he seemed to thrive at the end of last year under rawlings and showed that he has what it takes to be a solid contributor, somehow this year he has gone back into his shell. and i have found that very frustrating.i dont see the coburg games so im not sure if there is a player down there who deserves his spot or not.
i think we,d all love to see him be an awesome player week in and week out....yeah i get as frustrated as anyone by him but when i think about it later i know there is something in him and hardwicks just the man to bring it out....
weather or not he should be dropped i dont know..

one thing i do feel sure about is that players who cosistently turn the ball over and show poor skills should be down at coburg until these areas improve, as whats the point of having the ball if ya only gonna turn it over??