Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
LidsBling&Cotch said:
its worth a try if he is going to try lids and cotch at hbf

Yep, and it would hardly put us any further back either - fair risk for reward I'd say - GOOD CALL!

Barnzy said:
I didn't follow juniors back in 2003/4 but looking back over what was written about him, the hype and how he was rated (seemed a genuine chance to go #1), I would've loved to have seen play back then to see what all the fuss was about and compare him to now.

AGREED. Reminds me of many of the other 100+ game players over the past two decade that planted themselves at Richmond and inevitably we forget their names.

Sorry, but for me one news article doesn't do it for me. For me it is what I see every week- when he pulls out of contests because he's afraid of the body on body. When he sits half a kick away not to be an option. When his team mates have possession and he is the only player in 100 metres to lead up and make position and he turns his back on the play and jogs away allowing oppostion players to flood open spaces that were available to him. It's his choice to ALWAYS go back into a pack. He can have an uninhabited path in front of him and he will always choose to back into a pack or go on the defensive side. Does he honestly think other teams haven't worked this out? It's just predictable. That's why he puts himself under pressure and then has poor disposal by hand to a flat footed player.

Granted when he went to his voodoo doctor he played well for 5 or 6 games but he is basically a senior player now and needs to step up. If he's not fit go back to the two's, simple no excuses. We all know we aren't getting a return from Tambling. It's just a case of how long do you put up with it before doing something about it? Thye ball is in Tamblings court and he needs to step up or go back to the two's.

Having watched him very closely on match days this year a stint in the twos won't hurt him. He needs to show the passion to be there on the field rather than just looking like he's passing the time. The hardest I have seen him run this year was last week in a single play when he was linking up with Taylor on the southern wing out of the backline and through the wing. He was really trying. I want to walk away from a game knowing Tambling has given everything he's got and that play proved he has a lot more to offer than what we've been given week in and week out since arriving!!!

LidsBling&Cotch said:
reading that article got me thinking

he likes to play as an attacking mid which i gather means he wants to do as he likes and not worry about his opponent. as we know no one gets to do that, not even ablett. now we hear the term "run with" used a lot lately which is basically means going head to head with an opposition player (refer damien hardwicks comments about deledio running with cooney after the dogs game). i might be wrong but "running with" differs to a tagging role where the players sole objective is to make sure the opposition player doesn't get a touch.

hardwick should let him go head to head in the middle with a damaging opposition player. sure his opponent would get 25 + possies but im sure bling could get the same amount. im backing bling with his 25 touches in an attacking role would include plenty of inside 50's and a few score assists as we saw last season. i'd back him to do as much damage going the other way. theres a chance his opponent will get the better of him but isn't this season all about learning and developing?

its worth a try if he is going to try lids and cotch at hbf

good comment

. When he sits half a kick away not to be an option. When his team mates have possession and he is the only player in 100 metres to lead up and make position and he turns his back on the play and jogs away allowing oppostion players to flood open spaces that were available to him. It's his choice to ALWAYS go back into a pack. He can have an uninhabited path in front of him and he will always choose to back into a pack or go on the defensive side. Does he honestly think other teams haven't worked this out? It's just predictable. That's why he puts himself under pressure and then has poor disposal by hand to a flat footed player.

thats pretty much what i always see..and what frustrates me so much..
however i cant help but feel for the guy, im sure he feels so much inner pain and frustration..id just love to see hardwick help guide him to being a great player

B1 and B2 said:
Well Tygrys l'm buying my kid a Tambling badge next game in Melbourne... You can buy a Franklin one.

B2.

I wish we were all buying Franklin badges but we're stuck with Tambling for the moment. Here's hoping he puts in some half decent performances if only to increase his value as trade bait at the end of the season.