Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

We've recently drafted three players from the Brisbane Lions Academy and Brisbane haven't bid on any of them. Will Martyn, Cumberland and Sampson. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and accept that there's a reason why the Lions don't take these blokes. Maybe our Qld talent scouts need an internal review as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If Samson is going to make an AFL it will be as a ruckman. Would benefit from going back to the VFL and playing as the number 1 ruck, OHB to go back to Old Ivanhoe for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If Samson is going to make an AFL it will be as a ruckman. Would benefit from going back to the VFL and playing as the number ruck, OHB to go back to Old Ivanhoe for the rest of the season.
Definitely not a forward. Too slow, not physical or competitive enough in the air.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely not a forward. Too slow, not physical or competitive enough in the air.
Yep, Ryan is going to need time, Lloyd Meek is 26 and is having his best year with the Hawks after being with the Dockers.

We've recently drafted three players from the Brisbane Lions Academy and Brisbane haven't bid on any of them. Will Martyn, Cumberland and Sampson. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and accept that there's a reason why the Lions don't take these blokes. Maybe our Qld talent scouts need an internal review as well.
I know who i'd rather be perving looking at in Qld.

6 disposals (4 kicks, 2 hb), 2 marks, 0.1 behind and 3 H.O in 56% game time.

• Love
  • Haha
I do feel like I am the only one left on Samson Island.
Im still here, its just not worth trying to argue with the pile on. (and probably a little difficult at this point.)
Im still confident Ryan, Brown, Banks and Mansell will be part of our core in our next dynastical run.

• Wow
Im still here, its just not worth trying to argue with the pile on. (and probably a little difficult at this point.)
Im still confident Ryan, Brown, Banks and Mansell will be part of our core in our next dynastical run.
That’s not how you spell dysfunctional

• Haha
I have posted elsewhere that for the first time in a long time RFC decision makers are on notice…!

The decision to give Ryan a 3 year extension was the first serious crack to appear.

Yep, Ryan is going to need time, Lloyd Meek is 26 and is having his best year with the Hawks after being with the Dockers.
Not only that, but Xerri is 25 and played about 50 games, Briggs is 24 with 50 games. Ryan is 23 with 25ish games. Xerri, Meek & Briggs having break out years.
Doesn't guarantee Samson will be the same and he needs a sh!t load of development, but maybe compare him in 2 more years to be fair.