Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

If Nank goes down next year we are done.
Need to draft or trade for a ruck

Reactions: 2 users
OHB took a mark at VFL level that Ryan is incapable of. That says it all
Seen Ryan mark like that but a long time ago now. He can't mark to save himself atm. He has flat hands going for the marks. Surely someone can give him pointers to bend his fingers a bit and wrap his mits around the ball.

Thought he had a good 1st quarter today but then became a significant liability as the match went on.

Reactions: 1 user
Seen Ryan mark like that but a long time ago now. He can't mark to save himself atm. He has flat hands going for the marks. Surely someone can give him pointers to bend his fingers a bit and wrap his mits around the ball.

Thought he had a good 1st quarter today but then became a significant liability as the match went on.
I just don’t think he’ll ever be remotely an AFL level footballer. Lucky him, he’s the beneficiary of a contract for three more years. Even though he’s incapable of being anything other than what he is now.

Reactions: 1 users
I just don’t think he’ll ever be remotely an AFL level footballer. Lucky him, he’s the beneficiary of a contract for three more years. Even though he’s incapable of being anything other than what he is now.
The performance chart definitely isn't trending up atm

His last ruck contest 30s before HT is a must watch. Never have I seen anything as deflating as that on a footy field.

Why don't we get Richo to work with him? Richo was a great mark. If he can't learn from a master, he's proper *smile*.

Really disappointing to see the club reward him with an extension when he has made no progress this year .
What's next 5 extra yrs to Tarranto??

Reactions: 5 users
Dunno whether it's Samsung that constantly tangles up with opponents in marking contests or whether they just know to tangle with him to stop him functioning. Reckon he went for a dozen contested marks yesterday n clunked none of them, bloody disappointing to watch.

Reactions: 1 user
Have seen some pea hearts at the Tigers in the past but he has to be the king.
3yrs?
Lets make it as uncomfortable as it can be and make him and emergency only for the VFL.
Make him quit.

He’s got team mates who are really good marks. He’s just no good. List clogger.
At this point, I'd do whatever I could to make him as useful as possible. Desperation to try turn the millstone into a lightweight anchor.

The argument was that he needed to add more size in order not to be shoved around in ruck contests. He’s added more size, but still gets moved around and has lost his mobility and his marking has suffered.

He looked better to me when he was starting out, could lead towards the ball, take marks above his head and was (still is) a nice set shot. That iteration of Samson was a relatively mobile relief ruck who could play forward, arguably not what we were hoping for but maybe that’s his ceiling.