Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

When Brisbane didn't counter bid when we selected him. We shouldve pulled out.
I'm sorry. But he isn't an AFL grade footballer.
It's embarrassing.
He makes Frampton look like Wayne Carey

Reactions: 1 users
He is not getting a game in front of Nankervis to even think it is laughable. If Soldo was still here he would not get a game in front of Soldo. If Naismith was fit he would be behind him. Last one having seen nothing of OH-B Id bet he is physcially more equipped to play ruck.

Its one thing to play him for expeience. Its unforgivable playing him when it is so patently obvious he is nowhere near the level.
Give OH-B a game.

There has been a forward option there since the mid season draft. There has been no reason whatever for not playing Blight either forward after all clunking a mark is a big part of the battle and he has played as a forward before he came to us, or play him back and perseve with Balta forward.
Yeah, i didnt in any way suggest he should play ahead of Nank.

On OHB he just got a bath from Tom Campbell,a week after he got a bath (for a half) from some VFL ruck. He is a long way off. in his last 6 quarters he has 6 disposals and zero marks. he has taken 6 marks in 7 games. (Ryan has twice taken 7 marks in a game at VFL level this year.)

Reactions: 1 user
Not to mention a very poor workrate.
I dont think it is work rate- as a ruck the week before he had 13 disposals, 6 marks and 4 tackles. He got involved.

As a forward he looks to lack the "smarts" to know how to find space, then the speed or strength to gain separation.

When Brisbane didn't counter bid when we selected him. We shouldve pulled out.
I'm sorry. But he isn't an AFL grade footballer.
It's embarrassing.
He makes Frampton look like Wayne Carey
He wasn't in their academy. Plus you can't withdraw a bid in any case:unsure:

• Dislike
  • Haha
richmond website has him as an Brisbane academy

Also, this year will be his breakout year! Looking forward to this.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 125131.png

you sure mate ?, notes I had at the time were " our pick 36 dropped back to 40 & Brisbane didn't match our bid"
OK. No not sure. I thought he'd left the year before, similar to Bauer and the Swans

edit, looked it up, I'm wrong, he was still in their academy

Last edited:
richmond website has him as an Brisbane academy

Also, this year will be his breakout year! Looking forward to this.

View attachment 23885
Id like to know when he came of age. Is this from the club. No one would have blinked if we gave him one year or even rookie listed him but no we had to give him a whole whopping three years. It really reminds of dark days long in the past.

I reckon he has shown he can mark, at VFL level. but a combination of a lack speed and strength and confidence means he cant at AFL level. Yet.
Watch last weeks match when Bauer marks in front of him.
No positioning, no reading the ball in flight and no attack at the ball. A tall that cannot mark is like a plum pudding without custard.
Im more than confident he’ll never be a strong marking tall. Actually not sure what he’ll ever be with his lack of athleticism also.
See you in 3 years to conclude our debate

Watch last weeks match when Bauer marks in front of him.
No positioning, no reading the ball in flight and no attack at the ball. A tall that cannot mark is like a plum pudding without custard.
Im more than confident he’ll never be a strong marking tall. Actually not sure what he’ll ever be with his lack of athleticism also.
See you in 3 years to conclude our debate
A witches hat?
Step ladder for a speccy?
A mobile goal post?
Tackling dummy for Tom Brown?

• Haha