Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

As a poster said earlier he really hasn’t improved from day one so how is three more years going to help him? He’s been four years on a list and is still uncompetitive and physically struggling against smaller players. He gets out marked by blokes 20cm shorter than him.
I was looking forward today to see if he changed and if his game would improve, but it was the same insipid output. The ball just waltzes out of his area because he’s left ball watching and flat footed . Hartley’s list management has fallen off the cliff since 2022.
TT
JH
JGTI should’ve got a first rounder
Dow should’ve been delisted after two years
Grimes extra year
Ryan three years
Short five years
Naismith and Tarrant were high risk and although cheap it’s took up space for a player to be developed. We’ve basically gone back to band aid recruiting of the 90’s.

These lads all played today minus the last two so it’s on him for our failures.
In fairness TP Naismith was just a bit of insurance after Soldo left. So it din't work out.

What they have got wrong is over rating the quality of ruckman we had on our list.

Nankervis, Naismith, Colina lol, OH-B sheesh another non footballer did we need two. The funny thing is he actually shows some good signs.
Then of Course Ryan.

Sometimes clubs do have the numbers, you would think 5 Ruckmen would be enough on any teams list.
What too often gets lost in translation is the quality that is actually there.

Someone said once and it stuck with me. If you are going to only take late nd picks and rookies in an area then you better take plenty of them.
The odds are most will fail. I think this is the case here.

like so many things in life you get out what you put in.

Reactions: 1 user
You already know my thoughts Scoop.

I can’t see why 30 goals is out of his reach. His focus in the preseason is building his core strength. Still a pup and gets knocked over too easily.
How about 3?
But sunshine,

You are talking all about 2024, and as a forward.

You need to reset your projections role wise, Samson is all about taking over the number one ruck role as Nank and Soldo (if still around) start to wain.

2025 onwards you would think.

Samson aint about 2024 as you talk about (we are long odds to challenge), he is about being our number 1 ruck post current generation.

Since we drafted him he is well on track for that role.
2025 number one ruck?
Yep

Once you can live bet on a set shot for goal,

Im renting a penthouse office with water views and a massive screen and a big comfy lounge and a well stocked bar.

It might take me 3-4 goals before i can afford the bar attendant.

S.ryan is gonna be as good as Gawn
Gawn or gone?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Oh we are playing this game now.

Another receipt I can keep when Samson kicks 3, has 57 hit outs and taken 13 contested marks.
Then your mum wakes you up for school? Stop believing in fairy tales.
This guy is a 🥔

Another receipt I can keep when Samson kicks 3, has 57 hit outs and taken 13 contested marks.
He needs to compete to take contested marks. You’re comfortable where he’s at 4 years into the system? He doesn’t need to be Max Gawn or even Xerri but needs to be better then Andrew Browne.

• Haha

He will need to kick 27 the next two weeks to get you in line with this year.

Is that stat line your forecast of all of 2025?

Long long long way off. Just way too weak in the contest.

He will need to kick 27 the next two weeks to get you in line with this year.

Is that stat line your forecast of all of 2025?
Not out of the question.

But I am re-forecasting his breakout year to 2025.

I do feel like I am the only one left on Samson Island.
dies cast away GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Off the 42 players that have represented us this year he’s ranked 39th and only ahead of Grimes, Smith and Clarke.
Grimes five games aged and injury riddled.
Smith basically used as a sub and nowhere near the game time, but slightly behind him.
Clarke played a game as a starting sub before injured I believe.

Can’t see the desperation in having to sign him for three years as nobody would’ve chased him. I would’ve dangled the carrot for one year hoping it would make him hungrier. Instead he can now go on social media and brag to the world he’s an AFL footballer on a long term contract with no incentive to fight for his career.