Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

He looks the same as he did in game 1. He has no overhead game and that is fatal for a bloke his size.
I think a big problem is his lack of agility and pace and if possible this is an even bigger problem than his work in the air.
He desperately needs size and strength but how will this affect his pace and agility.

If they think he will get there then they need to recognise he still needs to develop in the magoos.
He is currently so far off the pace its not funny and at age 24 is a worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Where's Emma Murray and Vickery's old man at? I reckon he needs a mind guru and confidence in his size/strength. I don't think he's physically weak. So impotent, he gives us nothing. Buuut I still think we can turn him around to become a good backup.

Where's Emma Murray and Vickery's old man at? I reckon he needs a mind guru and confidence in his size/strength. So impotent, he gives us nothing. Buuut I still think we can turn him around to become a good backup.
If that is the case then i really hope we don't just hope this bloke will come good in three years time.
We need to identify a promising young ruckman that may be able to be #1 and we need to get him now.
We need him now because we will need someone in development the next few years if Ryan as it seems likely does not make it.

Early days in the VFL, he was raw but you could tell he was keen to compete.

He played angry, hated losing.

His development has been appalling. Looks worse every game.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
As a club, we waste so much list space with young rucks. We did it right with Nank. Exposed form is essential.
Trade for Rucks of 24-25 years of age.

Reactions: 3 users
Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC

• Love
As a poster said earlier he really hasn’t improved from day one so how is three more years going to help him? He’s been four years on a list and is still uncompetitive and physically struggling against smaller players. He gets out marked by blokes 20cm shorter than him.
I was looking forward today to see if he changed and if his game would improve, but it was the same insipid output. The ball just waltzes out of his area because he’s left ball watching and flat footed . Hartley’s list management has fallen off the cliff since 2022.
TT
JH
JGTI should’ve got a first rounder
Dow should’ve been delisted after two years
Grimes extra year
Ryan three years
Short five years
Naismith and Tarrant were high risk and although cheap it’s took up space for a player to be developed. We’ve basically gone back to band aid recruiting of the 90’s.

These lads all played today minus the last two so it’s on him for our failures.

I’m generally an optimist but just don’t see anything with this kid…has become a list clogger. He and Colina are a waste of time.

Reactions: 1 users