Round 14 - The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - The Other Games

Nice touch after the game both sides forming a circle arm in arm .

Pretty good effort by Collingwood. Excluding games involving GC and GWS, greatest age deficit since Richmond's draw v St.Kilda in 2011 with a far younger team than Collingwood's. Big difference in the level of media spruiking, though.

Hawthorn getting very close to its oldest-ever team. They're having trouble concentrating for four quarters this year.

Baloo said:
We've already beaten one of them quite comprehensively.

I'm aware of that, and our last win against Hawthorn wasn't long ago. Spewing on the Melbourne loss, and the Geelong loss.

sausage_meat69 said:
How do you rate Bruce's commentary tonight? The gibberator is going off its dial!

Well he out bruced himself with his "we know that dont we"....but we knew he would do that didnt we!...(oooh dont forget the EH at the end either).

Bruce has also rubbed off on Duck. Elliot was basically on his back moving like a toboggan when he gave away the free for sliding into the legs. Duck couldn't believe it thought he was legally over the ball. He also thought Varco's hip into Rioli's head shouldn't have been a free.

That was nice Den wasn't it?

What does that dribble from Bruce mean?

Always answering a comment with a question.

Does my head in!! :pullhair :pullhair

tigerdave said:
That was nice Den wasn't it?

What does that dribble from Bruce mean?

Always answering a comment with a question.

Does my head in!! :pullhair :pullhair

But its so good when he does it, isnt it..........eh !!

sausage_meat69 said:
Bruce has also rubbed off on Duck. Elliot was basically on his back moving like a toboggan when he gave away the free for sliding into the legs. Duck couldn't believe it thought he was legally over the ball. He also thought Varco's hip into Rioli's head shouldn't have been a free.

Rioli staged for that. Varcoe made incidental contact and Rioli threw his head back like he'd been shot from underneath. There was a clear time gap between contact and the performance. I doubt Varcoe felt much contact at all.

Hooooooodge, with that lovely left leg, kicks it to Cyril, who takes a wooooooooooonderful mark on his chest. I know Cyril hasn't had a kick in three weeks, Dennis, but you get the feeling he holds the key, don't you?

Sorry about the leg of your pants Dennis, I'll pay for the dry cleaning.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Pretty good effort by Collingwood. Excluding games involving GC and GWS, greatest age deficit since Richmond's draw v St.Kilda in 2011 with a far younger team than Collingwood's. Big difference in the level of media spruiking, though.

Hawthorn getting very close to its oldest-ever team. They're having trouble concentrating for four quarters this year.

I feel they have a very underrated list.

Still have Pendles and Sidebottom. Adams is performing better than I thought he would, Oxley has come a bit out of nowhere, Crisp was a underrated get in the Beams trade. Langdon, Broomhead, Degoey, Grundy didn't play tonight. Yet to see much of Kennedy, Freeman, Scharenberg. Lots of young talent.

Wouldn't mind Fasolo. Upgrade on Loyd, Gordon, etc.

Barnzy said:
I feel they have a very underrated list.

Still have Pendles and Sidebottom. Adams is performing better than I thought he would, Oxley has come a bit out of nowhere, Crisp was a underrated get in the Beams trade. Langdon, Broomhead, Degoey, Grundy didn't play tonight. Yet to see much of Kennedy, Freeman, Scharenberg. Lots of young talent.

Wouldn't mind Fasolo. Upgrade on Loyd, Gordon, etc.

Agree, they're in pretty good shape unless the cultural issues resurface.

Going to be a very good side in 12-24 months the Pies. Unfortunately.