Round 14 - The Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - The Other Games

antman said:
When the Bomber boys got off, I was angry. Now I realise it was the best outcome - Hird stayed on, they slide further into their own cheating hell, Hird's pressers are funnier than Chemical Ali's... and we still have the WADA case to look forward to.

It's almost poetic. If he allows himself to be forced out last October, he quite possibly becomes a martyr to the Essendon faithful. But forced out at the club's lowest ebb, he leaves a foul smell.

Almost makes up for hearing that putrid club song with the stupid fans waving their umbrellas so many times in the 90s.

One of them hit me with his umbrella on the way out at their first MCG home game after Bomber Thompson pinched it with a goal in the dying seconds. Said, "You shouldn't even be allowed to play at the MCG!"

antman said:
When the Bomber boys got off, I was angry. Now I realise it was the best outcome - Hird stayed on, they slide further into their own cheating hell, Hird's pressers are funnier than Chemical Ali's... and we still have the WADA case to look forward to.

Almost makes up for hearing that putrid club song with the stupid fans waving their umbrellas so many times in the 90s. Also thanks very much to Leigh Matthews and the Lions for ruining their last Grand Final appearance.

(yes I really do hate Essendon in case you didn't notice)

Who doesn't ant? For me, it started during the 1995 SF where some lunatic Bummer ferals were gloating at half-time amongst a majority of Tiger supporters on the top of the Northern Stand. I'll tell you tension was building which could've ended ugly, and during the match there was a cheat and sook wearing number 5 with a red sash...

Ideally he remains coach until he is banned from AFL, or any WADA affiliated sport for life.

jb03 said:
What about this quote doing the rounds on social media from Goddard (quote from a newspaper interview on 6th March):

"I keep saying to the boys, when we come out of this and we win a Grand Final, they will make a movie and write books about us. I'm serious."

Nice tweet from Titus :hihi

Titus O'Reily ‏@TitusOReily 8 hrs8 hours ago
This is such a sad moment in Goddard's movie. #AFLDonsSaints

I really love Titus' tweets and articles. He hits the nail on the head so often. Goddard has turned into one of the biggest FIGJAM's in the game. I hope it hurts all of them and that the rest of the league keep piling on the pain.

CarnTheTiges said:
Goddard has turned into one of the biggest FIGJAM's in the game. I hope it hurts all of them and that the rest of the league keep piling on the pain.

Not understanding Goddard at all in all of this. He wasnt there for the supplements/injection program but has taken complete ownership of the whole thing. I understand you have to tow the company line, but he's gone far and above that. Not sure why. If those that were there dont know what happened how can he?

Can't recall at the moment the name of the Hawk who's on AFL360 with him, but in comparison Goddard comes across as very arrogant IMO. The Hawk comes across as humble, funny and personable. Goddard comes across the opposite.

Goddard is copping so much for his "finger pointing" lately.

Im tipping all the other players can't stand Goddard. If there was a captaincy vote he certainly wouldnt win.

Tiger Rob said:
Not understanding Goddard at all in all of this. He wasnt there for the supplements/injection program but has taken complete ownership of the whole thing. I understand you have to tow the company line, but he's gone far and above that. Not sure why. If those that were there dont know what happened how can he?

Can't recall at the moment the name of the Hawk who's on AFL360 with him, but in comparison Goddard comes across as very arrogant IMO. The Hawk comes across as humble, funny and personable. Goddard comes across the opposite.
That's Jordan Lewis, and you're right, he does come across that way. The week Lids was on they showed some footage of LeBron James declaring himself as the best in the world at what he does and asked who at their club would say that about themselves. Lids immediately said Jack and got a good laugh. I can't remember who Lewis anointed at the Hawks, but he went onto say that BJ (Goddard) would say that about himself and the rest of the panel, including Whateley and Blobbo agreed. He really comes across as a guy who think his *smile* doesn't stink. It's karma for him that he chased the money at Essendon, believing that they could give him the glory that St Kilda couldn't and now he's come am absolute cropper.