Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

22nd Man said:
Antman. Some supporters are more equal than others in your eyes. The Match day thread is written word barracking. We aren't all cool calm analysts in the heat of battle. If a coach can smash a phone after a shanked kick, why do you expect a fan at the bottom of the footy hierarchy to post a measured rational posy? I've said dumb things at a game at the pub and on this forum, and I'm pleased that they have comedic value to you.

Support this up to a point. Have read the gameday thread on a Swans forum where naturally the mood was the exact inverse of this one as the match progressed. By the end of the game you'd swear the supporters hadn't seen finals for five years and were still waiting for their first flag since 1933, with "no plan B" accusations and whipping boys aplenty.

There might be more of us, but we don't have a patent on feral!

22nd Man said:
Antman. Some supporters are more equal than others in your eyes. The Match day thread is written word barracking. We aren't all cool calm analysts in the heat of battle. If a coach can smash a phone after a shanked kick, why do you expect a fan at the bottom of the footy hierarchy to post a measured rational posy? I've said dumb things at a game at the pub and on this forum, and I'm pleased that they have comedic value to you.

Also I think people posting on the gameday thread at game time are probably on their own. They are either listening on radio or refreshing internet score sites, or they are watching it on tv on their own. Thus there are no checks and balances and the emotions take hold.

There are lots of insightful-in-hindsight posters here too.

Ridley said:
Yep the next 3 weeks is a huge test for this group. All games we should comfortably win. We have not handled expectation and favouritism at all well in recent times.

No one expected us to beat Sydney or Freo; no external pressure. There will be plenty of that over the next 3 weeks. How the group responds will tell us a lot about the development of them. By all rights we should not drop one of these next 3 games.
Spot on....great opportunity to show we've matured and improved, massive 3 weeks ,we can lock in finals an push for top 4 and play with plenty of dare leading into September....the Tiger in me says 2 from 3 won't surprise

rosy23 said:
I slept and shivered and sweated through the first half, hardly saw any of it. Listened to most of the second half in bed. Was surprised, after listening to the ABC commentary that Alex didn't get a vote. Sounded like he had a great game.
From what I've read elsewhere they didn't give Jack a vote either. Who exactly did the ABC vote for? Were they watching the same game as the rest of us?

rosy23 said:
Carn it was Cotch 3 Miles 2 and a Swan 1.
I do agree with Cotchin and Miles, but I thought they could have found a spot for either Alex or Jack and leave the Swans player out. Fox, and this was Manure, mind you, gave it to Jack 3 (yeah, I found it hard to believe, too), Rance 2 and I think Kennedy got the 1. Had it been me giving them, I would have had Cotchin in place of Kennedy. Kennedy played a good game, but Cotchin was really the player that got the Tigers going with his miraculous goal and selfless team play in the 3rd, which he continued through the 4th, and Jack and Alex both played 4 quarter games. I know Buddy was a little bit shaken up by the hit he put on Edwards, but apparently had one disposal in an entire half of football after it, and that can't all be because you got reported.

For a game in which we were absolute rubbish in the first half, we had the best 6 players on the field.

Riewoldt, Rance, Vlastuin, Cotchin, Miles and Vickery

wayne said:
For a game in which we were absolute rubbish in the first half, we had the best 6 players on the field.

Riewoldt, Rance, Vlastuin, Cotchin, Miles and Vickery

Not sure about that. A player who plays well in the 2nd half and bad in the first half always tends to get favoured over one who has played good in the first half and bad in the second. Hanneberry had 20 possies in the first half, 7 in the last, but had a bad 3rd. If we were being unbias I think it's hard to say we had 6 better players than him.

If you think the votes were bad....this morning I listened to a discussion on SEN that concluded this:
it was Shane Edwards fault for getting in the way of Franklin. Perhaps the MRP will give him 2 weeks for obstructing a millionaire?

mexican_radio said:
If you think the votes were bad....this morning I listened to a discussion on SEN that concluded this:
it was Shane Edwards fault for getting in the way of Franklin. Perhaps the MRP will give him 2 weeks for obstructing a millionaire?

Shirley you can't be serious...?

As carp as the media is, really?

Steven J. Peake - he must have had his tough in his cheek surely. Buddy could have actually picked the ball and cannoned into Titch and probably nothing would have come of it.

He was lucky that Shane finished the game on the field otherwise he could have been looking at a longer break.

It was a great win and I had a real spring in my step yesterday.
I woke up this morning, thinking we were getting smashed and probably only won because Buddy went off his game after getting reported.
All those of years of disappointment has me thinking this way.

But it's different this time, we are the real deal. Aren't we? :help

Just watched the replay (again) and noticed a "Jack Rascal" moment.
18:05 remaining in the last qtr.
Jack's just kicked a goal.
The ball's on its way back to the centre.
While Jack's drinking from his water bottle - his opponent gives Jack a gentle head butt from behind.
Jack squirts him in the face with the water bottle.
Classic Jack. Gotta love him.

poppa x said:
Just watched the replay (again) and noticed a "Jack Rascal" moment.
18:05 remaining in the last qtr.
Jack's just kicked a goal.
The ball's on its way back to the centre.
While Jack's drinking from his water bottle - his opponent gives Jack a gentle head butt from behind.
Jack squirts him in the face with the water bottle.
Classic Jack. Gotta love him.

Hahaha, good pickup. That's our Jack!! ;D

He made it look so "matter of fact" too!!

I was wondering how he could do that if he was being "head butted from behind". So I just went and watched it.
Absolutely hilarious.

Wanna be careful though. Might be "bringing the game into disrepute".

22nd Man said:
Pb are you claiming an exclusive on enjoyment?.
I was far way in CBD Melbourne, was pretty darn enjoyable there too after a testing first half.

Was simply making a comparison between the good natured support I witnessed at the game and the vitriol I read on this thread.

Best supporters sing when we are losing as well.

PBoRSM said:
Was simply making a comparison between the good natured support I witnessed at the game and the vitriol I read on this thread.

Best supporters sing when we are losing as well.

Dats the facts jack!

Dyer'ere said:
Not if they're playing the other song! ;D

Nah. I remember losing to the Saints at Princes Park. Tigers supports were louder than the Saints on the tram ride down to Nortons. And then drowned them out at the Pub too. Really good natured bit of fun. When you have the best song, sing when you lose too.