Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

year of the tiger said:
We are slowly building, winning games this year we wouldn't have last year - players are starting to step up - we had Ellis, Griffith, Miles and Edwards all step up last year and they are continuing their form this year - now add Grigg, Vlastuin, Vickery, grimes and perhaps Batchelor doing the same this year - that's a good core of players who can support our elite that you have listed above in Cotch, Jack, Rance, Lids and Dusty

Houli, Maric and Chaplin are consistently solid players for us.

We are building nicely and the good thing is that we have plenty of room for improvement and we know where our weakness are and can be fixed hopefully relatively quickly (1 or maybe two more draft perhaps)

Lots of it comes down to experience. knowing what your team mates will do in situations. Playing enough games, standing up in big games and not being pushed around by the sides that have a critical mass of players who have proven performers in those situations. Builds confidence and belief in the team as a collective.

Although we all wanted that in 2013, the side is getting to that level.

Fingers crossed we don't have to wait till next year for it to pay off. Beating the good sides is a huge step in the right direction. Beating up on sides hunting us in theory should be easier. We have a chance to get that monkey of our back over the next three weeks.

Adding an a established a grader would make a huge difference towards us being a consistent top 4 side.

antman said:
First quarter was OK, second quarter was shizen, 2nd half was great. But I'll cede the point Riddles.

Yeah the second quarter was definitely a lot worse than the first. The Swans weren't great either and it was a poor half of footy to watch.

Interesting that both Dimma and Cotch made reference to the poor level of intensity in the second quarter. Credit to the coach and players that they were so able to turn it around so astoundingly in the 3rd quarter.

ninjahaha said:
Fingers crossed we don't have to wait till next year for it to pay off. Beating the good sides is a huge step in the right direction. Beating up on sides hunting us in theory should be easier. We have a chance to get that monkey of our back over the next three weeks.

Yep the next 3 weeks is a huge test for this group. All games we should comfortably win. We have not handled expectation and favouritism at all well in recent times.

No one expected us to beat Sydney or Freo; no external pressure. There will be plenty of that over the next 3 weeks. How the group responds will tell us a lot about the development of them. By all rights we should not drop one of these next 3 games.

antman said:
Good observations CT. It's a good sign that we can carry a Lambert in his first game against a side like Sydney and still win the game.
bloody oath

I don't have Internet access during Richmond matches so I often come home and read the game day thread from start to finish a few hours after the game or even the next day. They're usually pretty funny but this one's an absolute cracker. Everything I love (and sometimes hate) about PRE all at once. Gotta love the passion of the Tiger Army. It's a miracle that over 10 years of maintaining and moderating this site hasn't landed Rosy (and others) in an institution...well not that I know of.

se7en said:
CIbdWKHUcAA-SBB.png

And he wonders why he gets booed. ???

Just had a look at the video of this incident (it happens right on quarter time) and as much as I dislike Goodes (arrogant precious little thing that he is)

there is nothing in it.

wayne said:
Replay on fox now. Its right up to the good bit.

It's like watching Birdman, sh!t, weird first half, second half much better ;D

What are you talking bout wayne, "Birdman" is crap from start to finish.

Rich V Melb earlier this year was our "Birdman"!! ;D

The_General said:
How the hell did that happen?

I'll say we got lucky. I'm not convinced. Real contenders don't play first halves like that.

Real contenders also don't let leads drop like that.

Neither of us will do much come September.

C'mon General, enjoy the win man!

I'm guessing you dont get invited to many parties!! ;D

Tiger Rob said:
Would take Rohan over Martin in hindsight. Would also have brought in a Jackson clone. Would also be ripping them all a new one at half time and bugger the consequences to their fragile minds. A few truths need to be told.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Spilled coffee all over my keyboard with that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I slept and shivered and sweated through the first half, hardly saw any of it. Listened to most of the second half in bed. Was surprised, after listening to the ABC commentary that Alex didn't get a vote. Sounded like he had a great game.

Ridley said:
Yep the next 3 weeks is a huge test for this group. All games we should comfortably win. We have not handled expectation and favouritism at all well in recent times.

No one expected us to beat Sydney or Freo; no external pressure. There will be plenty of that over the next 3 weeks. How the group responds will tell us a lot about the development of them. By all rights we should not drop one of these next 3 games.

They need to be pumped and ready to play with as much passion as they did in the second half last night. Cant afford to take any of them lightly or we will pay.

Ridley said:

That's it, Riddles. Time is now for the Tigers to stand-up and beat the sides they are favoured and expected to beat. It's time for the Tigers to start absorb the pressure that goes with handling lofty expectations.
The signs are encouraging, so if the Tigers are to make some form of statement in 2015, the next block of four games is a real litmus test for the coaches and players.

Bullarto Tiger said:
That's it, Riddles. Time is now for the Tigers to stand-up and beat the sides they are favoured and expected to beat. It's time for the Tigers to start absorb the pressure that goes with handling lofty expectations.
The signs are encouraging, so if the Tigers are to make some form of statement in 2015, the next block of four games is a real litmus test for the coaches and players.

Yep. Take the same intensity and effort into every game. It shouldnt depend on who we play. The stakes are the same in every game....4 precious premiership points.

rosy23 said:
Was surprised, after listening to the ABC commentary that Alex didn't get a vote.

This reminds me when that Woewoefull from the Rabble won the Brownlow. No-one gave him any votes through the year but the umpires found a reason to loved him.*

*enter here the perennial joke about blinkered biased umpires unable to see anything good through a Richmond jumper.

antman said:
It's not going to change. Some people enjoy ripping the shizen out of their own team more than they like winning. Not all those who bag the team/coach are like this, some are just genuinely frustrated in the moment and are glad when we win in the end.

The ones that make me laugh more though are those who say "we lost this game at the selection table" before the ball has been bounced. You rarely see this mob come back and say "Dimma picked the right guys for the game" though. Softies.

Antman. Some supporters are more equal than others in your eyes. The Match day thread is written word barracking. We aren't all cool calm analysts in the heat of battle. If a coach can smash a phone after a shanked kick, why do you expect a fan at the bottom of the footy hierarchy to post a measured rational posy? I've said dumb things at a game at the pub and on this forum, and I'm pleased that they have comedic value to you.

PBoRSM said:
Well done tigers. Supporters at the game enjoyed the night.

Refreshing to formulate your own opinions with fellow supporters and not have commentators crap forced upon you too.

Pb are you claiming an exclusive on enjoyment?.
I was far way in CBD Melbourne, was pretty darn enjoyable there too after a testing first half.

A great win!! Brilliant stuff by the Tiges! I reckon the toughest road trip in football is Sydney at the SCG.

I thought Vickery was great in the third as a ruckman. Any chance he could be played there more often?