Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

For sheet intent, should have been minimum 3 weeks. Wad a bloody dangerous act and pretty pissweak to do what he did to shed.

they got tipett and gordon right

joegarra said:
In my opinion the injury shouldn't come into it. Whether a player is hurt or not is a matter of mm which the player can't control. What he can control is the action eg going past the ball and lining someone up = 3 weeks in my book. Tackling a player and then slinging him around into the ground potentially causing serious injury = 3 weeks as well (all in my opinion of course). Unless you penalise the act and not the outcome, footballers will keep performing the act and gambling that the outcome isn't severe.

i absolutely agree Joe - i was being sacastic... it looked like 3 weeks to me... and Tippett 2.

I'm ok with the MRP being more lenient this year, but the AFL should not have scrapped the carry over points. With Buddy's record he deserved more than 1 week.

Tigers of Old said:
The AFL has admitted that they stuffed up re Titch's concussion sub. :mad:

That's why I agreed with Dimma's dummy spit on them when he came on to the ground after the game. Cost us a goal, but at least we won.

Tigers of Old said:
heh heh another one robbo got wrong. Blamed Richmond when maxwell simply suggested the afl steward shouldn't have let him on until 20 mins was up.

Al Bundy said:
imo Gordon would have got 3 weeks with an early plea got 2 had none of the Syd players done anything wrong.
Was let off as they went light on Sydney the love child of the AFL and not to be seen to be favouring Syd, Gordon slipped through unscathed. :)
Well thats my take.

Gordon is still covered by the Swans discount, given his previous involvement with the Sydney football club. :p

Nico said:
Spot on Joe. I was a bleeder in my footy days...would always get a blood nose with a knock to the head. If Shed was a bleeder, Buddy would have got 4 weeks as a blood-splattered face on Friday night footy isn't a good look. Shed brushed himself off, played on (after a rest), so Buddy gets 1 week. The outcome (ie. injury) should be totally irrelevant; the actual act should be the only thing that is taken into consideration.

As a footy community we will always wax and wain over whether the outcome should be a measure of the penalty or not. Seems every tens years we move toward the other.

Don't have too much of a problem with the old fashioned shirt-front, gave and got a few. Buddy/Titch was one of these. However, in the current environment where we are told head must be protected at all costs, when ducking and driving the head is now being stamped out by penalising it, this limp penalty has the potential to open Pandora's box, as does the $ fine for a wack in the guts - all very exploitable where everything has a sheep station riding on it.

AFLCA

10 Riewoldt
7 Cotchin
6 Rance
4 Miles

2 Parker
1 Rohan

Progressive

34 Cotchin (5 games), Martin (6) eq 13th
32 Edwards (5) 15th
24 Ellis (5) eq 40th
21 Riewoldt (3) eq 52nd
15 Houli (3), Rance (2) eq 77th
11 Deledio (2) eq 105th
10 Miles (2) eq 113th
7 Hunt (1) eq 142nd
5 Grigg (1), McIntosh (1) eq 170th
4 Maric (3) eq 186th
3 Vlastuin (1) eq 202nd/267

TigerForce said:
That's why I agreed with Dimma's dummy spit on them when he came on to the ground after the game. Cost us a goal, but at least we won.

Someone posted elsewhere that the interchange steward was "giggling like an idiot" afterwards. If so he's lucky Hardwick didn't dismember him.

Reading between the lines, he might have stewarded his last match.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
AFLCA

10 Riewoldt
7 Cotchin
6 Rance
4 Miles

2 Parker
1 Rohan

Progressive

34 Cotchin (5 games), Martin (6) eq 13th
32 Edwards (5) 15th
24 Ellis (5) eq 40th
21 Riewoldt (3) eq 52nd
15 Houli (3), Rance (2) eq 77th
11 Deledio (2) eq 105th
10 Miles (2) eq 113th
7 Hunt (1) eq 142nd
5 Grigg (1), McIntosh (1) eq 170th
4 Maric (3) eq 186th
3 Vlastuin (1) eq 202nd/267
How does Rohan get a vote? He went missing after half time. Vlaustin very unlucky.

Amazing how even Coach voting underplays Rance. 77th in league? When he is already etched into AA and will be in Sheahans top 5 at season end ( as an non biased benchmark ;) )But will never win a Jack Dyer either.

poppa x said:
Just watched the replay (again) and noticed a "Jack Rascal" moment.
18:05 remaining in the last qtr.
Jack's just kicked a goal.
The ball's on its way back to the centre.
While Jack's drinking from his water bottle - his opponent gives Jack a gentle head butt from behind.
Jack squirts him in the face with the water bottle.
Classic Jack. Gotta love him.

Lucky the umps didn't see it, remember when Lids "towelled off" a smart mouth opponent and gave away a free? But just went back and watched it, classic. Reminded me of Scotty Turner continually pushing a young Darcy over when he was trying to tie his laces. :hihi

Smoking Aces said:
How does Rohan get a vote? He went missing after half time. Vlaustin very unlucky.
Vlastuin was unlucky as well :D

You see it time and time again with the coaches votes, all coaches do it. They put one of there own players in when they may not deserve it.

Smoking Aces said:
Must have had Rohan confused with someone else, because he had a very good first half, but wasn't a factor from that point on.

Tigers of Old said:
Just lucky we won the game anyway or it could have been a massive siren gate type disaster for the AFL. Robbed Ty of his shot at goal n the Swans player missed his shot. Could legitimately have been a two goal turn around in a cliff hanger match.
If the AFL can change the rules and result of that game in Tassie between the Aints n the Frockers because the Maggot didn't hear the siren and declare the game over, then there would have been a strong precedence to change the result of our game if it had gone wrong due to AFL officiating.

Smoking Aces said:
Vlastuin was on Rohan in the first half.

TigerMasochist said:
Just lucky we won the game anyway or it could have been a massive siren gate type disaster for the AFL.
The free kick-plus-50m penalty for interchange infringements was always a massive overreaction by the AFL. Completely unnecessary.

I'm still unsure how the Sheds fiasco was deemed to have been a mistake in telling him he was allowed to go back on before he was actually allowed. The rule is 20 minutes for concussion testing. That is 20 actual minutes, not 20 minutes of game time. Sheds went off before half time. Half time is 17 minutes. He came back on more than four minutes into the third quarter. That is more than 20 minutes.