Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

se7en said:
CIbdWKHUcAA-SBB.png

And he wonders why he gets booed. ???

Wanker

Replay on fox now. Its right up to the good bit.

It's like watching Birdman, *smile*, weird first half, second half much better ;D

All this talk about our biggest comeback - I always remember this game as our biggest comeback:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-07-31/classic-quarters-round-5-2003-hawthorn

51 points down. I was at the game and remember the Hawk's supporters going nuts - fights everywhere in the crowd.

Only one word to describe last night... magnificent.

When they were taking about our biggest halftime comeback in 42 years, my mind went straight to the 1995 semi final against Essendon. Pretty sure the half time margin was 30 points that day

thejinx said:
All this talk about our biggest comeback - I always remember this game as our biggest comeback:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-07-31/classic-quarters-round-5-2003-hawthorn

51 points down. I was at the game and remember the Hawk's supporters going nuts - fights everywhere in the crowd.
I was watching with my boys and I was hungover from a reunion the night before. Feeling seedy as hell and watching us get flogged. Then Staff broke Everitts jaw and the game shifted. At 51 points down , myself and 2 little boys looking very dejected. By the time we hit the front, the youngest bloke was dancing on his seat. Great day. Last night was as good a win as I can remember. And to top it off, we are a team with significant improvement to come. Really, really good signs

thejinx said:

Heard we won that quite easy too.

Ian4 said:
Only one word to describe last night... magnificent.

When they were taking about our biggest halftime comeback in 42 years, my mind went straight to the 1995 semi final against Essendon. Pretty sure the half time margin was 30 points that day

Biggest Richmond deficits at half time -> wins:

Mgn Year Rd Op Ri Op WMgn
-------------------------
36 1973 PF Co 31 67 7
33 1956 10 NM 21 54 10
32 2015 13 Sy 23 55 18
32 1951 6 St 41 73 9
31 2005 21 Ha 49 80 4
31 1939 3 Es 50 81 2
30 1995 SF Es 28 58 13
30 1970 3 Ca 31 61 13
30 1949 8 Ge 16 46 4
29 1972 5 Me 33 62 5
28 2000 5 St 33 61 26
27 2003 5 Ha 51 78 20
27 1931 1 Ca 26 53 9
26 1988 19 Me 59 85 18
26 1950 7 Ge 23 49 5
25 1941 2 Ca 35 60 10

PBoRSM said:
Some of you need to go back over the last 36 pages and apologise for all the rubbish you have posted. Search for thing 'worst half ever', 'should've taken Rohan over Martin' 'we are p!ss weak', all tripe like that.

I was at the game and circumspect in the first half. I didn't see that comeback coming either but swans had momentum and we made a few errors in bad places that they took full advantage of. 2nd quarter was more about that than any systemic problem.

Worth remembering it's their ground and they were overwhelming favourites for a reason.

Well done tigers. Supporters at the game enjoyed the night.

Refreshing to formulate your own opinions with fellow supporters and not have commentators crap forced upon you too.

Good post.

Some posters need to have a think about what they think is acceptable. Hint hate is a poor way to express frustration.

It really reflects poorly. Been going on here for way to long, and is way over the top.

Ridley said:
No I wasn't. The first half was putrid. They fair dinkum bludged. You were watching a different game if you think otherwise.

13 tackles in a half when the opposition has substantial majority of possession is sh!tful. That's bludging. Loose Swans everywhere on a tiny ground.

Conversely the 2nd half was breathtaking, as much for the way we played but also the insane improvement from the first half. One of the most remarkable wins I've seen.

First quarter was OK, second quarter was shizen, 2nd half was great. But I'll cede the point Riddles.

ninjahaha said:
Good post.

Some posters need to have a think about what they think is acceptable. Hint hate is a poor way to express frustration.

It really reflects poorly. Been going on here for way to long, and is way over the top.

It's not going to change. Some people enjoy ripping the shizen out of their own team more than they like winning. Not all those who bag the team/coach are like this, some are just genuinely frustrated in the moment and are glad when we win in the end.

The ones that make me laugh more though are those who say "we lost this game at the selection table" before the ball has been bounced. You rarely see this mob come back and say "Dimma picked the right guys for the game" though. Softies.

The_General said:
3 goals in a half would probably lose more finals than most as well.

My role is to deliver safety critical systems. Complacency and poor discipline can cost the business large sums of money at best (and subsequently jobs) or the risk of lives being lost if there's defects in the system.

If you'd wonder what I'd say to my team, I'd say it was a good outcome, and a good recovery - Well done. But we can't let that performance happen again. Not necessarily in so few words, but that'd be the context.

Not really interested in what you do for work and how that qualifies you as a high-performance coach, but good on you for "aiming high in life".

What I do know though is that you are not the life of the party.

It's weird, this game was won by the absolute guns across the spine. Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt.

I'm glad they had the games they did. Each one played a blinder, over and above what could realistically be expected. If this happens every week, fantastic.

I'm not sure it will though. And I'm not sure we could still afford to carry Lambert and Gordon as passengers.

Last night was awesome. But I didn't see anything to justify those selections. Particularly when there was no reason, at VFL level, to select them.

Does the win justify picking two players with no form, who then had no impact?

I'm not someone who was silly enough to say we last this game at selection before it was played. But I was very critical of the changes. I don't know if this is selection bias, but it felt like we won in spite of those selections, not because of them.

I'm just glad it wasn't left up to our bottom six to get us over the line this week.

Coburgtiger said:
It's weird, this game was won by the absolute guns across the spine. Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt.

I'm glad they had the games they did. Each one played a blinder, over and above what could realistically be expected. If this happens every week, fantastic.

I'm not sure it will though. And I'm not sure we could still afford to carry Lambert and Gordon as passengers.

Last night was awesome. But I didn't see anything to justify those selections. Particularly when there was no reason, at VFL level, to select them.

I'm not someone who was silly enough to say we last this game at selection before it was played. But I was very critical of the changes. I don't know if this is selection bias, but it felt like we won in spite of those selections, not because of them.

I'm just glad it wasn't left up to our bottom six to get us over the line this week.

Dunno about Menadue but Cellis would walk straight back in you'd think simpky because he needs to be fast tracked.
Gordon... Pretty obvious why he was in... Can kick straight at the sticks. Did his job.
Lambert... Well they see his talent i spose. I know you wanted McD in, right. 6 of one afaic.

Coburgtiger said:

Agree with the gist of this. We've practically carried players over the last six weeks, which speaks volumes about the performance of our leaders and middle-tier players.

The fact we're winning while playing new players is glossing over the fact that those new players generally haven't contributed a lot.

Still need more quality.

Coburgtiger said:

Good observations CT. It's a good sign that we can carry a Lambert in his first game against a side like Sydney and still win the game.

antman said:
It's not going to change. Some people enjoy ripping the shizen out of their own team more than they like winning. Not all those who bag the team/coach are like this, some are just genuinely frustrated in the moment and are glad when we win in the end.

The ones that make me laugh more though are those who say "we lost this game at the selection table" before the ball has been bounced. You rarely see this mob come back and say "Dimma picked the right guys for the game" though. Softies.

Wise.

Trying to just let it wash over a ducks back.

Its the volume and the bitterness of it that gets me.

Breathe! Count backwards from ten!

Coburgtiger said:

Interesting.

Dermie and Kingee where saying that the swans are carrying to many "scrapers" "jobbers" as they are paying so much to Buddy n tippet!

Part of our inconsistency to me lies in the fact that we are to yet have

Cotch
Jack
Rance
Lids
Dusty
Vickers
griff
don Ellis
miles
flossy

all have a massive game together.

If combo's of 6 of em play Decent games every week we won't lose to many games.Hopefully thats not far off.

The day the three tall fwd's and three mids fire we will smash a side. Hopefully thats not far off.

ninjahaha said:
Interesting.

Dermie and Kingee where saying that the swans are carrying to many "scrapers" "jobbers" as they are paying so much to Buddy n tippet!

Part of our inconsistency to me lies in the fact that we are to yet have

Cotch
Jack
Rance
Lids
Dusty
Vickers
griff
don Ellis
miles
flossy

all have a massive game together.

If combo's of 6 of em play Decent games every week we won't lose to many games.Hopefully thats not far off.

The day the three tall fwd's and three mids fire we will smash a side. Hopefully thats not far off.

We are slowly building, winning games this year we wouldn't have last year - players are starting to step up - we had Ellis, Griffith, Miles and Edwards all step up last year and they are continuing their form this year - now add Grigg, Vlastuin, Vickery, grimes and perhaps Batchelor doing the same this year - that's a good core of players who can support our elite that you have listed above in Cotch, Jack, Rance, Lids and Dusty

Houli, Maric and Chaplin are consistently solid players for us.

We are building nicely and the good thing is that we have plenty of room for improvement and we know where our weakness are and can be fixed hopefully relatively quickly (1 or maybe two more draft perhaps)