Round 13 game day thread vs Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 game day thread vs Swans

spook said:
Vlastuin was on Rohan in the first half.
The free kick-plus-50m penalty for interchange infringements was always a massive overreaction by the AFL. Completely unnecessary.

I'm still unsure how the Sheds fiasco was deemed to have been a mistake in telling him he was allowed to go back on before he was actually allowed. The rule is 20 minutes for concussion testing. That is 20 actual minutes, not 20 minutes of game time. Sheds went off before half time. Half time is 17 minutes. He came back on more than four minutes into the third quarter. That is more than 20 minutes.
I thought it was 20 minutes of game time.

It's a shorter thread given they only have a handful of posters but it is almost an exact mirror image of this thread.

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/40335-Round-13-Sydney-v-Richmond

The timestamps on the posts indicate the clock on their server is ahead of the actual time.

Thought Buddy's 2 games was about right but also agree lucky rules changed in respect to priors. Thought Tippett's was worse. Totally unnecessary and concerted elbow to the head after a mark. Should have been 3, elbows can do immense damage. Gordon extremely luck as well.

spook said:
I'm still unsure how the Sheds fiasco was deemed to have been a mistake in telling him he was allowed to go back on before he was actually allowed. The rule is 20 minutes for concussion testing. That is 20 actual minutes, not 20 minutes of game time. Sheds went off before half time. Half time is 17 minutes. He came back on more than four minutes into the third quarter. That is more than 20 minutes.

In admitting to the mistake, the AFL said very specifically that he went on 80 seconds too early. He must've felt a bit ordinary at half time and the 20 minutes started when the officials were notified that he was being tested.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
In admitting to the mistake, the AFL said very specifically that he went on 80 seconds too early. He must've felt a bit ordinary at half time and the 20 minutes started when the officials were notified that he was being tested.
McIntosh was on before half time.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
OK I stand corrected, no idea what happened. The rule was definitely changed to a flat 20 minutes this season.
Sorry L2, my mistake. I could have sworn KMac was on before the half but I just checked and he wasn't. But it was more than four minutes into the third before Sheds came back on.

So Sheds played the last 8-10 minutes of the half before they decided at the break to test him, and informed the officials. So I guess the 80 seconds early was right, but the official was wrong to say he was right to go.

Luckily, we managed to win the game with the Footy God's blessing. That kick at goal by Nick Smith was cringe-worthy. It was Essendon-Carlisle-Daniher-esque.

TOT70 said:
Luckily, we managed to win the game with the Footy God's blessing. That kick at goal by Nick Smith was cringe-worthy. It was Essendon-Carlisle-Daniher-esque.

huge statement from the FGs, they gave us a sign.

TOT70 said:

It should not have been his kick anyway. It should have been the ruckman. Who was Derrickx.

I think Smith got the kick because he was standing on the mark when the non-infringement was called.

The thought process was:

Interchange infringement.
What is penalty? Free kick and 50 m penalty.
Where is ball? Ball is in Tigers’ forward line.
Who has ball? Vickery
Who is on mark? Smith
Where is free taken from? Where ball is or centre, whichever is worst for Richmond
Who takes kick? Man or mark or ruckman? Stuffed if we know. Here, Smith take the free, this 20m penalty is all we are going to give you, take your kick and shut up. Geez, I wish I hadn’t fallen asleep at that “what to do when an interchange infringement occurs” workshop in January.

Lucky. Derickx is a spud but he can execute relatively simple shots at goal. Smith kicked it like he was wearing boots smothered in vaseline.

It fired us up. we were already on the march but it gave us a bit of a turbo angry boost

The umpiring was so bad. How was the 'yeah advantage, no, no advantage, Ye...ah....no advantage' WTF? Watching the replay 3 times there are still a couple of frees against us I have zero idea what they were for. It made the victory so much sweeter though

tigersnake said:
It fired us up. we were already on the march but it gave us a bit of a turbo angry boost

The umpiring was so bad. How was the 'yeah advantage, no, no advantage, Ye...ah....no advantage' WTF? Watching the replay 3 times there are still a couple of frees against us I have zero idea what they were for. It made the victory so much sweeter though

Swans supporters I know reckon they were screwed by the umpires!

toby64 said:
Swans supporters I know reckon they were screwed by the umpires!
I think supporters of every side nearly always think they were screwed over by the umpires one way or another.