Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

Smoking Aces said:
Like some others have said our depth is deplorable. Take out Martin, Jackson, Vickery, Maric, Griffiths, King, Grimes & Foley who are all in our starting 18 and we would struggle to beat Port Melbourne. Yes other teams have injuries as well but not many have a third of their team out.

And to reinforce the point these players have been replaced by those on our 'delist list'. Not a good sign.

Question is if we lose to North do we pack it up for the year, send the injured for early operations and make use of this draft? If I was in charge I know what the answer would be.

thats all true smoking, but not long ago our best 22 was deplorable. Rome and all that.

I just back from shopping to replace some of the things I broke last night. I still feel like it was all a bad dream.

:veryupset

Harvey Norman would be rapt with their Ruchmond sponsorship...would be plenty of Tiger supporters buying new TVs today.

Everything else aside, that last minute was an absolute disgrace. Dimma hinted in the press conference that they didn't set up correctly at the final bounce (for whatever reason) and that they will learn from this. I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it for me. You cannot call yourself an AFL coach, couching group (runners included) if you need to learn that when there is 30 seconds to go and you are up by 4 points, you put your best mids in the middle, flood their forward line, man up and kill the contest in the middle.

This did not happen. "Why" is the question. Somebody has stuffed up here and I don't accept that this should be considered a learning experience. If the players don't know this, they have poor footy brains and the coaches should all be sacked for not teaching this. Was it the runner, the coach , the coaching group, the players or are they all just inept. Absolute amateur hour. B grade ammos would have not lost to the Suns in that last 30 seconds. Dimma needs to either fess up that he the players have not been coached for this circumstance or that the runner lost his voice or that he was asleep at the wheel.

BBC said:
I was not surprised by the result at all, in fact I tipped the Suns.
As soon as we lost Maric pre-game we were in trouble.
It's a shocking loss but given how thin our list is and our recent injuries and suspensions, it was not a surprise.

Dustin Martin - you need to play the best game of your life this week - you owe ths club!

I tiped the suns too, Jackson owes the club too in my opinion.

Disco08 said:
You thought by "10 goals" I really meant exactly 10 goals rather than just an expression of being much better?
Yeah, I did, Sorry, my blue, I respect that you are usually very practical and accurate. Still not sure when we;ve averaged 88 points a game with Maric and we scored 88 points yesterday. Still not sure where you got the 10 goals or "easily 15 goals" or being "much better" from but so be it, it's cool. Carry on.

feisty tige said:
Martin and Jackson both do. It's not acceptable to have someone in the leadership group suspended twice in the one season for undisciplined onfield actions.

In the Blood said:
Everything else aside, that last minute was an absolute disgrace. Dimma hinted in the press conference that they didn't set up correctly at the final bounce (for whatever reason) and that they will learn from this. I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it for me. You cannot call yourself an AFL coach, couching group (runners included) if you need to learn that when there is 30 seconds to go and you are up by 4 points, you put your best mids in the middle, flood their forward line, man up and kill the contest in the middle.

This did not happen. "Why" is the question. Somebody has stuffed up here and I don't accept that this should be considered a learning experience. If the players don't know this, they have poor footy brains and the coaches should all be sacked for not teaching this. Was it the runner, the coach , the coaching group, the players or are they all just inept. Absolute amateur hour. B grade ammos would have not lost to the Suns in that last 30 seconds. Dimma needs to either fess up that he the players have not been coached for this circumstance or that the runner lost his voice or that he was asleep at the wheel.

This. And this. And then go back to this.

A lot of questions come out of Saturday. So many stuff ups on so many levels.

CarnTheTiges said:
Martin and Jackson both do. It's not acceptable to have someone in the leadership group suspended twice in the one season for undisciplined onfield actions.

There lies the problem in itself. The fact that Jackson lies in our leadership group says a lot about the club.

feisty tige said:
Am I missing something here BBC,feisty tige? You guys tipped the Suns in a game where they had lost their previous 21 games;the tiges playing for a spot in the 8 seeking revenge for last years loss?You are as bad as they were.Is there no pride anymore?Or is it only about the odds? :eek:

gold1 said:
Am I missing something here BBC,feisty tige? You guys tipped the Suns in a game where they had lost their previous 21 games;the tiges playing for a spot in the 8 seeking revenge for last years loss?You are as bad as they were.Is there no pride anymore?Or is it only about the odds? :eek:

It's Richmond. They were being practical.

Martin is the one I am angriest with. He is the sort of player who would have possibly made a difference under pressure at the end. The other suspensions didn't hurt us IMO other than exposé our lack of depth. The injuries to key players like big Maric, Ty, Griff, Foley and Grimes is what *smile* us. In the absence of any real onfield leadership the coaches surely could have done more at the end too.

But Martin is the one I would be lambasting over this.

SCOOP said:
This. And this. And then go back to this.

Could not agree more, but I'll come back to this.....

SCOOP said:
A lot of questions come out of Saturday. So many stuff ups on so many levels.

The squad started the game like they were on holiday, and finished the game like they had clocked off and were on holiday. A multi million dollar organisation with some of the highest paid employees going should not have looked like they had such a mindset. This on top of the comment made by Dimma during the week that the team now knew how to win the games that should be won. Has he got too close? Is he being objective still? I don't know but geez I question it!

gold1 said:

I'll stick up for them here...I call it emotional insurance. I don't even bet but I put $100 on Melbourne in Round 3 this year (of course we won that day and then I didn't do it against Fremantle in Round 11 or last night). Whack $100 on the opposition at $5...we support Richmond ffs. If we win I couldn't give a rat's arse about the money and if we lose I'm still absolutely shattered but at least I get some sort of financial compensation. Not that it actually makes much difference if any as it's never anywhere near enough.

According to all the footy shows today,'it was good for football'. Funny I just can't see it myself. We haven't got depth, as we they have been espousing all year, we are just a pack a really really dumb footballers who have no idea. Apart from going the bomb into the forward line, when there are two or three on riewoldt, to playing on after a mark when we should've been slowing the game and possessing the ball. Dumb dumber and dumbest - all starred for Richmond. Am absolutely livid

I can't believe I made it through but I just watched the last 7 and a half minutes after Maric's goal again. Was shaking like crazy and I had this sick feeling in the bottom of my guts like you get when you get dumped in a relationship. It's a cliche but even after watching it again I literally find it hard to believe we lost...possibly even more so. Anyone who's seen it again or has a clear memory of it from the first time will know exactly what I'm talking about. I would come out with a bunch of stats and a situation i.e. "x points up, x number of minutes/seconds remaining, ball in x part of the ground, player x in possession" but honestly there's just so many...

...maybe player Tom DerickX drops a mark with about 44 seconds remaining that my 93-year-old grandmother literally would've taken regardless of the conditions.

At least it's been 24 hours now (or thereabouts...anyone who broke a clock at that moment will know exactly). I always feel slightly better after it's been 24 hours. Just how my stupid brain works. Still utterly shattered though.