Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

smasha said:
I know we've had bigger losses but that hit like a tidal wave.
Like the 1982 Grand Final loss.

I lost it completely.
Played heavy metal in earphones on 11 for 2 hours straight and headbanged my way out of it.

LOL ,I walked 4 miles home from the train(no cabs around)yelling at the top of my head at myself in deluded confusion.

Awesome meltdown.

Brodders17 said:
Coaches votes:

Richmond vs Gold Coast
9 Cotchin (Rich)
7 McKenzie (GC)
6 Ablett (GC)
6 Deledio (Rich)
1 Bennell (GC)
1 Matera (GC)

What do you think Brodders?

Hardwick
5 Cotchin
4 Deledio
3 Ablett
2 McKenzie
1 Bennell

McKenna
5 McKenzie
4 Cotchin
3 Ablett
2 Deledio
1 Matera

If we can somehow show some intestinal fortitude and tough out a line in the sand game against the Roos and get 4 points we will then come up against the Blues without Judd Simpson Waite and Walker with dogs to follow. Make no mistake character and spiritually this is a huge week in the clubs fortunes going forward not only for this season either

thegdog said:
If we can somehow show some intestinal fortitude and tough out a line in the sand game against the Roos and get 4 points we will then come up against the Blues without Judd Simpson Waite and Walker with dogs to follow. Make no mistake character and spiritually this is a huge week in the clubs fortunes going forward not only for this season either
don't even contemplate it.

This week Eurosport UK in their infinite wisdom chose the Suns game as the featured game of the week. It was bad enough listening to the match on Saturday via ABC but despite that I still had to watch it. I wish I hadn’t! At least Eurosport condensed the game into 60 minutes but even that was too much. It looked as though many of the players have started to believe their own press and rather that playing for the club expected the match would be a walk in the park so over confidently played with a distinct lack of intensity and real interest. OK for the first 12 minutes then stopped competing, the unforced errors when it mattered and poor handling……..
The Tiges performance reminded me of the Frawley years. A couple of good match’s then mediocrity for others and in my opinion on this match the Tiges were beyond the worst of those Frawley years and should be embarrassed to wear the Richmond Guernsey.
I hope they return to earth for the Roos match and all turn up to actually play as opposed to just turning up. We may not win but we have to see passion in our game again.

50 seconds from hell

On the Couch's analysis of the 50 seconds of hell. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjBbS8qF9kw&feature=youtu.be

Re: 50 seconds from hell

Cotchytiggie said:

Cant argue with that. I still can't believe we could lose from there.

The team's lack of effort really is staggering in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Many of our guys were sooo lazy. They literally stopped to a walk and only became reactionary when the ball was within 5m.
It's no wonder we lost. Clocked off early and obviously don't want it badly enough.
Huge worry.

Newman said:
Surely this is a record number of posts in a Game Day thread. If so, congrats PRE'enders... :clap ;D
Haven't finished yet Newman. (by the way, I met you last year in Darwin, Fanny bay races & after the game)
I didn't realise Cotchin was off the ground in the last couple of minutes. Apparently he dragged himself as he was exhausted. There's a lot of feedback about the setup in the last minute of play, I think without the likes of Newman (concussion), Batchelor (injury), Chimp, Grimes, Griff & I.Maric, we lacked the composure & structure we've previously had. Happy to see Moore come back and play OK, he'll only get better as he gets used to the speed of the game and the team mates around him. I'm still fuming from this loss but gotta drag myself back up for the Roo's game. Too scared to make a prediction though...

Cotchytiggie said:

The gist of it wasn't unfair, but...

"Go forward, just don't kick a goal" was the most corrupt episode in the history of football. It's easy to play that game.

Newman said:
Surely this is a record number of posts in a Game Day thread. If so, congrats PRE'enders... :clap ;D

I was just thinking that myself. And after a GC loss. What will we hit if we win a final or heaven forbid a flag!

nudge1969 said:
Haven't finished yet Newman. (by the way, I met you last year in Darwin, Fanny bay races & after the game)

Of course, good on ya Nudge! Nice to "see your face" on here...hope you're well mate! Pitty we have to "meet" again after another loss in humid conditions...

Tigerblood said:
There is a smugness about Roos that rubs me the wrong way.
Why not, he is 100% correct, it was pathetic, the most pathetic thing i have ever seen before, they should all be ashamed of themselves, especially the coach.

Self gratification for me, Roos said that tuck should have gone long, that is exactly what I said, you can blame DX as much as you want for dropping the mark, but tuck should have cleared that ball 60 m out, if he did, no goal.

Cotchytiggie said:

He made plenty of good points although if Derrixc takes that mark it's all moot.

The shot from behind the goals shows Houli next to Hunt as the ball is kicked forward by McKenzie. He makes a decision to guard the goals instead of following Hunt. Was he anticipating some sort of long snap to the goals if a GC player won possession or is he simply not a natural defender? Reckon if that was Morris he would not have left Hunt's side. If Matera showed less bloody awareness and snaps longer at the goals Houli may take a relieveing mark and be the hero.

The loose men around the square at the centre ball up are a real indictment though.

Big Cat Lover said:
He made plenty of good points although if Derrixc takes that mark it's all moot.

The shot from behind the goals shows Houli next to Hunt as the ball is kicked forward by McKenzie. He makes a decision to guard the goals instead of following Hunt. Was he anticipating some sort of long snap to the goals if a GC player won possession or is he simply not a natural defender? Reckon if that was Morris he would not have left Hunt's side. If Matera showed less bloody awareness and snaps longer at the goals Houli may take a relieveing mark and be the hero.

The loose men around the square at the centre ball up are a real indictment though.

Agree with all that BCL. Given Matera's history a snap to the square was my bet, his coolness surprised me and outflanked everyone, especially Houli. the error for Houli was not pulling someone back into the arc as he sagged off. Talk! (probably yelling to be honest)

The loose men in around the square were not even counter balanced by players sagged back either were they?

I know he is one of our best players and I know for many criticising him is akin to shooting bambi, but geez Deledio's effort at that last centre bounce was poor for a player of his stature and supposed leadership.

One of many players who made very very costly errors at the death.

Big Cat Lover said:

It was actually Morris's very poor marking on Matera that led to him having an easy snap to pass to Hunt. Plenty are getting stuck into Houli for making the wrong choice and far enough but at least what he did had a chance to impact the contest. Morris started a few mtrs behind Matera, fell further behind when chasing then drifted behind the pack as Matera kicked the ball putting himself in a position where he could impact any contest at all.

As for Tuck's kick, from memory we had about 4 or 5 short passes before his kick. nooone is criticizing those kicks. watch any team ice the clock and they kick short to open teammates. backwards, sideways or forwards. they take the easy kick to an unmarked teammate, they do not kick long to contests unless there is no choice.