Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

Yes at at times our defenders run around like headless chooks, we do lack composure and system. As you say, hopefully it develops with time.

Who is to blame - a summary

So far, reading all the threads, the blame for the loss has been labelled at:

. Benny Gale for selling the home game
. Craig Cameron for suspending Martin for 2 games
. Martin for getting suspended for 2 games
. Match committee for 'resting' Maric
. Connors for being Connors
. Jackson for getting suspended
. Hardwick for coming to the bench for the last 10 minutes
. Hardwick for not being Malthouse
. Deledio for not going hard enough at Caddy
. Maric for not kicking forward but chipping back to Tuck
. Tuck for chipping it to Derickx
. Derickx for dropping the chest mark
. Rance for not tackling Harbrow
. Rance for letting Matera kick it
. Houli for not standing tight enough to Hunt
. Conca for being Hunt's direct opponent
. Grigg for having an inability to chase and tackle
. Reiwoldt for not correctly milking the clock
. The umpires for awarding the 50 metre penalty against Maric
. Newman for lack of leadership
. The team as a collective for having a complete lack of smarts, composure and character in the final 4 minutes
. Foley for getting injured against the Saints
. Cotchin for only having one set of shoulders

I am sure I have missed a lot of others as well.

Re: Who is to blame - a summary

A team and coaching staff that yet again let an important game slip because they got ahead of their achievements to date.

-On field leaders for not flooding the suns forward half after they kicked the second last goal.

really JR8 and Nahas should of been the only plays in hour forward half

Ridley said:
Accepting mistakes like that is exactly why we are as sh!t as we are. Not good enough, nowhere near AFL standard. It wasn't even a spear pass; it was a lollypop he dropped. Has to go.

If Derrickx continues to drop sitters I would agree, but on the day I thought he had plenty of mates (albeit at less critical times)

Not suggesting you are wrong, but I haven't seen enough of him to suggest he must go.

I'm more critical of experienced players making mistakes - this is where we need to improve, Leadership.

[
Once again the media were all over the opposition team.
David King was shocking

Trying to deny his contribution to the Wallace era. His failure as an assistant coach is a big part of the reason we have depth today. Reason he is in media and not in another teams coaching box

wayne said:
Another thing, why don't these guys seem to step up to the challenge of smashing a side that they are expected to.

When I was a kid, there was nothing better than winning by 100 and kicking 25+ goals.

When we kicked 7 in a row yesterday we looked a class above, but as per usual, as soon as we hit the front we stopped.

Because our level of intensity and effort is related to who we play. We lift ourselves when we play good sides and then reduce it when we play the rabble. Mentally fragile.

sashback said:
Ok, so I've calmed down now. Still gutted, bewildered too, but I've calmed down.

So, this might sound very strange, but I'm glad we lost yesterday.

It has 100% proved that RFC is not good enough to be in the finals this year.
It has 100% proved that we have no depth.
It has 100% proved that the football department has a long, long way to go to be where we want to be.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC are mentally weak.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC are soft.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC cannot handle pressure.

Is this an over reaction?

Probably, but sh!t I'm hurting!! :mad:
welcome to teh darkside :spin

jb03 said:
So far, reading all the threads, the blame for the loss has been labelled at:

you forgot Benny Cousins. if it wasnt for his influence either:
A) Connors would never have reformed his character in the first place so would have been out of the club before he could drag Martin down with him, or;
B) Martin wouldnt not be taking sleeping pills and being a bit of a d!!khead in general.

i'll leave it to others to decide which is most accurate.

Good summary of blame venting JB (after a devastating loss), hopefully we can all get our *smile* off our liver and saddle up again to get behind our boys against norf. That's what we do better than any other clubs supporters.

Tiger68 said:
Good summary of blame venting JB (after a devastating loss), hopefully we can all get our sh!t off our liver and saddle up again to get behind our boys against norf. That's what we do better than any other clubs supporters.
too right, that's what makes me proud too be a tiger

Yes I'll be there next Sunday but I'll be expecting a 100% committed effort. During the week I'll be looking for honesty and reaffirmation from the club that many things still need to change.

Disappointed that Gale hasn't faced up to the media today. This is a black day for the club and he should have made an effort to both show understanding to the members disappointment and defend the clubs decision to take this game to Cairns.

Tigers2011 said:
Yes I'll be there next Sunday but I'll be expecting a 100% committed effort. During the week I'll be looking for honesty and reaffirmation from the club that many things still need to change.

This

Tigers2011 said:
Disappointed that Gale hasn't faced up to the media today. This is a black day for the club and he should have made an effort to both show understanding to the members disappointment and defend the clubs decision to take this game to Cairns.

The defending might come next year if our membership numbers slip back to Late Wallace era numbers.

Tigers2011 said:
exactly,I don't want apologies .i want to see that the club understands and feels the hurt that we supporters are going through .if that hurt that we feel was transferred onto the field the tiges would be un beatable