R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

Barnzy said:
Not sure how Morris earns a gig back with 13 possessions and 5 FA's.

Smart money on Carlton given the changes and the odds.

You noticed it also Barnzy. :hihi

evo said:
Morris LOL

Our worst nightmare coming to fruition. Has done nothing in the 2's and gets a recall. Normally, I don't criticise players, but in this case, unless proven wrong this week, it is a selection mistake. He tries hard no doubt, but the skill level has not been there.

Oh dear!!

Maybe's it's a reverse psycology test by Dimma leading up to finals to see if we can win with 21 players. :p

the lack of progressive thinking in putting Morris in worries me

Barnzy said:
Not sure how Morris earns a gig back with 13 possessions and 5 FA's.

Chris Knights got 11 touches last week in the same match and only played half a game after coming back from having his leg sewn back on.

Form aint the reason for Morris's inclusion cant be, he and Hampson are both filling specific roles this week no other feasible reason.

Because of the swear filter, I can't adequately express how I feel about these changes.

Morris and Hampson.

So we have Morris, Hampson, Lambert, Newman, Gordon, Hunt running around out there...

We're gonna have to hope Cotchin, Rance, and Riewoldt have massive games.

I want to know why we select sides where we have to rely on our stars rather than support them.

If we're going to be leaving it entirely up to our A graders, why can't we at least blood our future A graders in McBean, McDonough, and Lennon? Instead of making up numbers with Newman and Morris?

I think I'll stay home tomorrow night.

craig said:
Chris Knights got 11 touches last week in the same match and only played half a game after coming back from having his leg sewn back on.

Form aint the reason for Morris's inclusion cant be, he and Hampson are both filling specific roles this week no other feasible reason.

Yep, form doesn't get Morris in, so clearly he's filling Maric's role. Or is it Griffiths '?

Coburgtiger said:
Because of the swear filter, I can't adequately express how I feel about these changes.

Morris and Hampson.

So we have Morris, Hampson, Lambert, Newman, Gordon, Hunt running around out there...

We're gonna have to hope Cotchin, Rance, and Riewoldt have massive games.

I want to know why we select sides where we have to rely on our stars rather than support them.

If we're going to be leaving it entirely up to our A graders, why can't we at least blood our future A graders in McBean, McDonough, and Lennon? Instead of making up numbers with Newman and Morris?

I think I'll stay home tomorrow night.

I wonder the same too. It's like we intentionally try to pick the least talented players possible to fill the 18-22 spots in the side every week.

Coburgtiger said:

The more i look at that list the more i dont like the look of the 22 this week at all.

Hate to say it but perhaps we need a loss to bring in some talented fresh players like happened earlier in the year.

SPH said:
Hate to say it but perhaps we need a loss to bring in some talented fresh players like happened earlier in the year.

Im changing my tip now for this week , i reckon the scum will win.

Morris is probably in to try and blanket Yarran (good move) while Hampson is obviously there to give us first use of the ball (also a good move).

Wonder what has happened to Menadue? Wouldn't mind having some speed in the side Fridee...

K3 said:
Morris is probably in to try and blanket Yarran (good move) while Hampson is obviously there to give us first use of the ball (also a good move).

Hampson makes sense, god help us with Vickery as first ruck but Morris, he couldn't blanket Yarran in Round 1 or any player since Round 1, why would he be able to this time?

The "rebuilding" Blues will be slightly older than us.

Hgt Wgt Gms Gls AvAge
------------------------------------
Carlton 188.4 89.6 95.3 48.9 25.62
Richmond 187.9 87.2 104.6 60.0 25.52

Wouldn't *smile* on the $1.32 on offer.