R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

I can see the sense of including Hampson, he's the logical choice to replace Maric. I don't agree with the selection of Morris, ever since 2013 he's been a liability and looked like a good VFL player who somehow gets a senior gig, I'd prefer not to see him in the seniors ever again. However for the most part this season the selection committee have pulled the right rein at the right time, so I'll trust in them knowing what they're doing.

roachapproach said:
Do you know what erks me the most?

Carlton have been rubbish this year, however they change their coach and have been a little more competitive. Based on this all my Carlton mates truly believe they will beat us tonight. It absolutely gives me the s%@ts that they have this arrogance over us.

I do not want to beat them tonight, I want to absolutely smash them, smash them.

We must have the same mates. The beauty will be slamming them back in their boxes after we cream them tonight.

roachapproach said:
Do you know what erks me the most?

Carlton have been rubbish this year, however they change their coach and have been a little more competitive. Based on this all my Carlton mates truly believe they will beat us tonight. It absolutely gives me the s%@ts that they have this arrogance over us.

I do not want to beat them tonight, I want to absolutely smash them, smash them.
It's because we haven't beaten them three times in a row for 37 years.

CarnTheTiges said:
I can see the sense of including Hampson, he's the logical choice to replace Maric. I don't agree with the selection of Morris, ever since 2013 he's been a liability and looked like a good VFL player who somehow gets a senior gig, I'd prefer not to see him in the seniors ever again. However for the most part this season the selection committee have pulled the right rein at the right time, so I'll trust in them knowing what they're doing.

Agree with your view on Hampson - I think it keeps Vickery in the forward half where he is more dangerous and I wouldn't be confident with McBean as a stand in ruck - he has potential but gee he has looked slow as a forward in his few games and I reckon Kruezer would take him to the cleaners.

Morris is that insurance player - strangely I never see it at the game but whenever I watch a replay, I always notice the pressure acts he brings to the team - at this stage we are a stronger team with him in it (given Conca, C Ellis and Foley are all injured) and would all take his place now.

The selection panel haven't let us down this year yet, and they have given new and young players plenty of game time so far and I reckon Menedue / McBean etc will score a few more games this year and C Ellis will come in when fit.

This the type of game we will take easy and the coach will say we didnt turn up to play. A fired up carlton will give us alot of grief.

These are our danger games.

Our guys are notorious for coming out and just expecting the win to happen against lower placed sides.

Cotchin needs to lead from the front from the very start. Crash, bash and run.

Otherwise tonight could be a long one.

I hope everyone boasting about how they were going to put money on Carlton put money on Carlton.

ei6m8m.jpg

K3 said:
Hope your tongue is wedged firmly in your cheek mate...

10 goals to 5 wasn't good enough for ya? We were going to lose this game because of selections according to some on here.

antman said:
10 goals to 5 wasn't good enough for ya? We were going to lose this game because of selections according to some on here.

Lose, win...

As if that matters.

Beat the sides above us, not good enough...

Beat the sides around us not good enough...

Beat the sides below us that are always going to win in the week up to the game, not good enough...

But venting is fine, "leave us alone." Our vitriol is fair and rational.

Make the finals, this bloke is taking us backwards...

Then wonder why some of us call you out on it...

Fair dinkum :dummyspit

antman said:

I am really happy with the win but to think that having Newman, Gordon and Morris helped it happen is just laughable.

Well done to the team but I reckon it could have been better.

K3 said:
I am really happy with the win but to think that having Newman, Gordon and Morris helped it happen is just laughable.

Well done to the team but I reckon it could have been better.

Yep, fair enough K3. Even as a habitual Newman and Morris defender I'm struggling this week.