R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

Selections are pure Hardwick.

Given an option for green good skill and decision makers and hardened poor skill and decision makers he'll go the hard(dead)wood every time............................... until he initiates a run of losses hurrumphs and hurrumphs and is forced to play someone with a clue.

Then Jack, Cotch Rance Edwards and Miles play out of their skins and Hardwick is a super coach again and he brings in your Hampson, Morris, Mcguane, Miller, Thomas etc .

And the cycle begins again.

Well at least he has the courage of his convictions.

tiges said:
Yep good that Judd is gone but that Cripps or whatever his name is who plays for the scum is pretty good at the moment, going to have to watch him.

We took Lennon at pick 12, Cripps went very next at pick 13.

Mikee said:
We took Lennon at pick 12, Cripps went very next at pick 13.

I didn't realise that . Looks like we just may have got that selection totally wrong . Lol

I'm a Darksider at the best of times ................... but I'm surprised at the vitriol.

Hampson for Maric is a 'no-brainer' - and lets face it ............ Maric has not been that great in recent weeks (ebbs and flows - great leadership - but his games have been 'okay'). Hampson has a chance - and based on height/tap ability - combined with Vickery - we have a relatively potent Ruck.

Morris?

I'm not a fan.

But his game against Sydney was solid.

He was/is starting to show why Dimma picks him.

Runs and tackles all day!

Is he a headless chook?.............. perhaps?

Did Gordon play okay last week? Yes...............

BUT - Morris is not the end of the world!

As others have rightly said .......... there is no doubt that he has been picked for a reason! and it's not because he has photo's of Damian's wife!!!!

Morris will offer a bit of 'crunch' to a young Carlton team that is starting to get cocky/confident.

If it takes a sacrificial lamb to hurt a few of them ......... unleash the Morris!

:clap

tiges said:
I didn't realise that . Looks like we just may have got that selection totally wrong . Lol

Looks that way so far. Lennon has a better kick & mark, but Cripps is just an inside ball magnet & competitive beast, something Lennon isn't. Lennon was always going to be a fairly risky pick in that he doesn't really have a proper position at AFL level. Is more a flanker, lead up forward type, the latter being a very hard position to make a big impact in games at this level (ie, Stevie J, Ryan O'Keefe are a few who come to mind), they both had the tank/running ability to just keep presenting and hunting & could obviously both go through the midfield as well. Lennon doesn't have the endurance/tank & enough competitiveness to get the ball and be involved for AFL level yet. I still hold hope for him, the key will be getting his fitness tank up to AFL level & get the mental toughness, hunger for the contest & ball, something similar to what's held Vickery back so far in his career. Vickery finally showing more now that his work-rate & presenting to the ball carrier has improved & overall hunger for the contest.

So far yep, we've let an absolute inside-mid gun fall through our fingers... :( Was a brave selection in a way though by Carlton as they were/are in desperate need of a quality tall forwad and Cam Mcarthy who is already a gem went the very next pick after that at 14.

Sir said:
I'm a Darksider at the best of times ................... but I'm surprised at the vitriol.

Morris?

I'm not a fan.

As others have rightly said .......... there is no doubt that he has been picked for a reason! and it's not because he has photo's of Damian's wife!!!!

Morris will offer a bit of 'crunch' to a young Carlton team that is starting to get cocky/confident.

If it takes a sacrificial lamb to hurt a few of them ......... unleash the Morris!

Im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Morris was dropped for the Sydney game...

I would have gone with Mc Bean over morris, however i think Dimma wants a more mature team to get the job done, i get it!

Menedue got 9 touches last week, McD only played a half, C Ellis is still injured... Short injured...

I think allot of these couch coaches need to understand as others have said were something like 17 wins over past 23 games, perhaps our MC do actually know what their doing as those win-loss for mine is better than our list....

Anyhow Go Tigers, lets smash the scum

Tigertough1974 said:
as others have said were something like 17 wins over past 23 games, perhaps our MC do actually know what their doing

Actually means we've lost six matches, including a final that we could probably have won. Useless bastards at match committee got NFI. Sack the duds n let PRE pick the team each week.

Sir said:

Hampson for Maric is a 'no-brainer' - and lets face it ............ Maric has not been that great in recent weeks (ebbs and flows - great leadership - but his games have been 'okay'). Hampson has a chance - and based on height/tap ability - combined with Vickery - we have a relatively potent Ruck.

Morris?

I'm not a fan.

He didn't play against Sydney I thought

Sir said:

Morris?

I'm not a fan.

I expect you meant Freo, not Sydney, but well-reasoned post.

Carlton has been patehtic the last 2 weeks...

they beat suns in a terrible match
and they lost the dogs in an ordinary match.

Richmond by 48.

I have been nervous all week re this game, but really apart from Maric & Griffiths it's the same team that beat the Swans 2 weeks ago, so on paper we still have the team , I just think cause it's the Blues & how important this is we are all bit worried (& it's just the sort of game we normally drop). If we are going to play finals this is a game we just must win

Do you know what erks me the most?

Carlton have been rubbish this year, however they change their coach and have been a little more competitive. Based on this all my Carlton mates truly believe they will beat us tonight. It absolutely gives me the s%@ts that they have this arrogance over us.

I do not want to beat them tonight, I want to absolutely smash them, smash them.