Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

But St Kilda get pick 8 for Battle because they really need it. That’s what one of the talking heads on Trade Day said, and it wasn’t Montagna. We just finished bottom of the ladder, with no end to the tunnel in sight, but we get a kick in the guts.
Precisely. St Kilda finish 12th and we finish 18th, but it doesn't apply to us because....WE'RE RICHMOND !

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
What if its 4 years at a similar rate per annum to us whereas we were only offerring 2? The question then though is compo should be based on the total contract for the full 4 years.
The club upped its offer to 4 years

Reactions: 3 users

happy to be corrected but it is on the clubs who are paying overs for them.

WC seem to have hit on the right $$ for Graham and we didn't really want to keep him.

The furore around the announcement of Free agency compensation for Battle and GWS guy…. Will definitely work against us.

AFL are so reactive… can’t stick to a process.

Basset speaks out so they try to shut him down with Pick 8….
Now they have GeeSooks Mackie protesting they will overcompensate and downgrade us….

“Only 4 years”, “been injured”, “not in the top 5%”….. you can hear the mouthpieces from the media pushing the line…

Regards,
Stan
As predicted….
Best case would have been end of round 1 but ……
End of Round 2.
Probably reasonable…..
But against the alternate reality of GwS guy getting pick 16….. probs not.

Some are saying on here “stop being sooks” @Tigerwa…..

However it’s about having transparency around a process….. because that creates discontent.

Have to be happy with our pick.
Bc there is no process of appeal.
Good luck JG… thanks for the memories.

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 1 users
*smile* them all.
Hartley should trade some picks with the Lions for their 1st rd pick then go home.
Then on draft night-
Pick 1- Levi Ashcroft.
Pick 2- Leo Lombardi
Pick 3- Isaak Kako
Pick 4- Whathisname Marshall.

Then PSD- pick 1- Liam Baker.

*smile* them all,
Blair said last Tuesday and again yesterday that if 'we' think the kid is our option at that selection we will pick him academy or no academy.
That was a message for the old codger and Co, We aren't F around this year.
Come to the party and accept our offer otherwise, you will be without a pick for the next 3 yrs.
We want Brisbane's 1st pick

Reactions: 4 users
That *smile* thinks we are lucky to be in the league. His hatred for us has no boundaries.
Somebody needs to remind him that Corne has already beaten him to cornering the anti Richmond market and all the click bait that it creates. He should be advised to pick another club to spew biased rubbish about and accumulate attention via. Richmond is already taken.

Somebody needs to remind him that Corne has already beaten him to cornering the anti Richmond market and all the click bait that it creates. He should be advised to pick another club to spew biased rubbish about and accumulate attention via. Richmond is already taken.
Like you said Cornes does it for the reaction and clickbait. But this bloke genuinely hates us. Provides zero balance to any argument where Richmond is concerned.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree. A year ago he was fringe to get a game for us. Supporters understandably always expect more. Graham will be wrapt he's managed to conjure a 4 year deal.
Yet we chose to match the 4 years WC offered, not to many fringe players get offered 4 years to stay, so I think the club see him more than a fringe player.

Yet we chose to match the 4 years WC offered, not to many fringe players get offered 4 years to stay, so I think the club see him more than a fringe player.
All I'm saying is he was on the fringe of getting a game, that's a fringe player. And whatever offer he has didn't qualify for the 1st band some were hoping for, or 2nd, or 3rd. In the end all that matters is what the industry values him at. The industry has spoken, 4th band. I thought maybe 3rd, 1st & 2nd always seemed unrealistic to me.

Graham's best is possibly behind him, his body is already 30 years old and let's be honest he hasn't really played good quality consistent footy over a period of weeks in the past 3 years at least nor has he improved his impact or output in any real measure over that period either when he should have via natural progression toward his peak.

If we get 25 for him thats a win RFC can use it to try and advance further into the top 20 or keep it to cherry pick needs.

I'm actually not too fussed losing Baker and Graham.

Rioli and Shai are the real losses as they are sheer quality.

Reactions: 3 users
Graham's best is possibly behind him, his body is already 30 years old and let's be honest he hasn't really played good quality consistent footy over a period of weeks in the past 3 years at least nor has he improved his impact or output in any real measure over that period either when he should have via natural progression toward his peak.

If we get 25 for him thats a win RFC can use it to try and advance further into the top 20 or keep it to cherry pick needs.

I'm actually not too fussed losing Baker and Graham.

Rioli and Shai are the real losses as they are sheer quality.
He Craig, we've already received compo, end of Round 2, currently pick #42.

I did an exercise listing all the players that would be on $900k plus, I found at least 45, i would expect at least 50. I'm not sure what could be worse than a competition continually underming our club's ability to play on a level playing field on every level.
Every supporter whinges about this. We have a big opportunity this year to get to around 2005 year where we had heaps of early picks and I’m more worried about nailing these picks as in the end if done successfully we can get to the top faster. We won three flags in four years so irrespective of how corrupt you think the afl is towards us , if you have the cattle and right FD you can’t be stopped winning.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of us have been critical of Graham over the last few years. Certainly after his start in 2017 we thought he would become a better player than he did.

All in all pick 42, end of second round, is reasonable.

The issue is the comparison. Battle gets 8? Yeah right, oh wait, I think that's a pig flying by. Add in the other ones who are players I have barely heard of and the compensation we get was about right, while other teams got way overs for their free agents leaving.

This is the issue - other clubs get favours, we get treated like *smile*.

Of course transparency would be good, but unless there is a complete overhaul of the boys' club at the AFL bunker they will continue their policy of being as opaque as they can get away with, and they are a connected boys' club so they get away with a lot.

The compensation for Graham is not a travesty, it only becomes a travesty in comparison with the favours handed out to others.

DS

Reactions: 11 users
Fridge was the youngest player in our 2017 Premiership side.
If Rioli departs it leaves Nank (30) as the youngest of that team remaining.
Wonder who will be the last man standing?

• Sad
I’m not surprised at the compo. Corrupt? maybe. But maybe he wanted to leave Melbourne and took the best deal he could get. pretty cold and way too busy for many people. WA = beaches and small town.