Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

So you're heading home then? :D there's expectation and then just entertaining blatant fantasy.
I wasnt the one saying lower your expectations Think that was you
Its called negotiations you dont start from a low point

to get that Band 1 pick Battle will now be paid in the Top 40 players in the AFL. This is a joke
That's Hawthorn triggering this and not the AFL. It's the system and it's incredible what clubs will pay if they think a player can add value to their team in weak areas. It can go pear shaped also with trades where the AFL has no input. Just look at the TT and JH deals we made 2 years ago.

Come now the constant “AFL is against us” rhetoric is stupid

42 for a slowish peripheral player with leadership skills and premiership experience is the system spitting out something in the right ballpark.

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

42 for a slowish peripheral player with leadership skills and premiership experience is the system spitting out something in the right ballpark.

And by that logic the system spat out the right ballpark results for Perryman and Cummins??

Reactions: 2 users
And by that logic the system spat out the right ballpark results for Perryman and Cummins??
happy to be corrected but it is on the clubs who are paying overs for them.

WC seem to have hit on the right $$ for Graham and we didn't really want to keep him.

Reactions: 3 users
I wasnt the one saying lower your expectations Think that was you
Its called negotiations you dont start from a low point
Bit hard to negotiate anything with a free agent. He chose to go play for Wet Coke instead of us, n the AFL honchos sure as *smile* aint gunna negotiate anything. Should simply be grateful they even bothered to give us a crap handout, coulda been nothing

You don't move 2000km for the same wages mate. No one does that.

What if its 4 years at a similar rate per annum to us whereas we were only offerring 2? The question then though is compo should be based on the total contract for the full 4 years.

even though we gained 395 points from the Graham Compo pick, we've lost 459 due to the other 3 compo's. 64 net loss.

currently holding 1, 24, 32, 42, 43, 45, 51, 61, 70

He is reportedly on less than $900,000 per season. That's not in the top 5%/40 players in the competition. The afl changes the rules whenever it suits them.
Interesting as you said reportedly. Lets assume there's 800 AFL players so 5% means 40 players at this price. DO hawks have anyone in this bracket? Sicily i reckon is the only one. I believe it's feasible as we still are only basing on what is reportedly been spoken. I think people just need to accept it in the end and move on as there are bigger things for RFC and supporters to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting as you said reportedly. Lets assume there's 800 AFL players so 5% means 40 players at this price. DO hawks have anyone in this bracket? Sicily i reckon is the only one. I believe it's feasible as we still are only basing on what is reportedly been spoken. I think people just need to accept it in the end and move on as there are bigger things for RFC and supporters to worry about.
I did an exercise listing all the players that would be on $900k plus, I found at least 45, i would expect at least 50. I'm not sure what could be worse than a competition continually underming our club's ability to play on a level playing field on every level.

Loved early career Jack, but he’s been well off the pace of the AFL for the last couple of seasons. I’m staggered anyone is offering him 4 years. WCE are paying for the name and the premierships, not for anything he’s put on tape recently.

I wish him well, but football is a business and this move is a good one for us - it’s addition by subtraction.

Reactions: 5 users
Don't forget to factor in that this utterly bs formula is supposed to include in it, the finishing position of the club losing the player.

Hmmm. GWS finishing 5th makes the 2nd band Cumming compo v the Graham (18th) 4th band compo even more farcical.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Don't forget to factor in that this utterly bs formula is supposed to factor in the finishing position of the club losing the player.

Hmmm. GWS finishing 5th makes the Cumming v Graham (18th) compo even more farcical.
But St Kilda get pick 8 for Battle because they really need it. That’s what one of the talking heads on Trade Day said, and it wasn’t Montagna. We just finished bottom of the ladder, with no end to the tunnel in sight, but we get a kick in the guts.

• Haha
  • Angry

Agree. A year ago he was fringe to get a game for us. Supporters understandably always expect more. Graham will be wrapt he's managed to conjure a 4 year deal.

Reactions: 1 user