Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

This is our own fault for getting the paperwork lodged too late, if we had done it the same day as the other guys, we might have got Band 3, we gave the AFL too much time to listen to Parrot and because of the our cry we got band 4

Note:
They will most likely now say the other 3 players signing the new deal, pushed Graham out of that band once it recalculated. If it was lodge first it would have been a different story,

This is our own fault for getting the paperwork lodged too late, if we had done it the same day as the other guys, we might have got Band 3, we gave the AFL too much time to listen to Parrot and because of the our cry we got band 4

Note:
They will most likely now say the other 3 players signing the new deal, pushed Graham out of that band once it recalculated. If it was lodge first it would have been a different story,
Who took a whole weekend to decide what he was going to do? Graham

Reactions: 1 user
If the band is calculated on how many clubs are asking for a player and offering a high salary, I'd love to know how the vendor club proves this to the Gestapo.

We may as well have just delisted him and let the Eagles pick him up that way. The AFL is trying to 'Fitzroy' us, but I don't know why or how that benefits them.

Thanks Fridge and good luck with the remainder of your career.
You're a two-time premiership legend in the Yellow and Black.
Thanks for your mighty efforts, particularly your courage in 2019.

Reactions: 11 users

Note:
Yep - reactionary as always. and when it's the tiges at the receiving end they don't think twice

Love Jack G as a player and person. Will always fondly remember his many sacrificial acts for the jumper. Good luck Jack.

Reactions: 11 users
Anyway we get upset because the system is broken. It needs to be simpler and open. That way you know the exact player/compo arrangement before you let the player go.

They said on trade radio, to get a Band 1 pick you have to be paid in the top 5% of players in the league
cheats. Neale, McCluggage, Curnow, H.McKay, Walsh, Weitering, de Koning, Cripps, N.Daicos, Moore/de Goey, Merrett, Parish, B.McKay, Bolton, Cameron, Dangerfield, Anderson, Rioli, Miller, Green, Kelly, Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Shiel, Lever, May, Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, Davies-Uniacke, Rozee, Butters, Lynch, Steele, Hill, M.King, Heeney, Grundy, Mills, Kelly, Allen, Bontempelli, English, Naughton

So this, if you ever wanted a sign that the club isn't traveling well.

But that must be the contract based on the outcome.
Agreed.
He has wanted out since at least 22
And he is picked straight up, even after returning from injury. Its not a lack of opportunity.

Maybe his wife hates Melbourne.
Or else something is wrong

Yep. Would imagine the money wasn't dissimilar to ours, but he's been in a funk with us for years, pigeonholed into a weird position on field.

This move would've been mostly to reinvigorate himself.
He may have also been not happy with Yze and preferred mini. Money wasn't the reason i think for him leaving as we matched Eagles offer. They may have slighly raised it, but i think it was the mini v Yze factor..