Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

OK name the bottom six out of the following:

B: Keane N.Murray Michalanney
HB: Milera Smith Cumming
C: Hinge Soligo Sholl
HF: Neal-Bullen Keays Rankine
F: Fogarty Walker Rachele
FOLL: O'Brien, Dawson, Laird
INTER: Murphy, Crouch, Nankervis, Thilthorpe

B: Maynard Moore Quaynor
HB: Perryman Howe Houston
C: Sidebottom de Goey J.Daicos
HF: Schulz McGreery Hill
F: Mihocek McStay Elliott
FOLL: Cameron, Crisp, N.Daicos
INTER: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott

B: Battle Barrass Sicily
HB: Amon Weddle Hardwick
C: Impey Newcombe D'Ambrosio
HF: Ginnivan C.MacDonald Moore
F: Dear Lewis Watson
FOLL: Meek, Day, Worpel
INTER: Nash, Scrimshaw, Mackenzie, Chol
Interesting to see those three backlines with confirmed/mooted trades included.

In terms of talent and achievements, Perryman is a clear sixth banana in that Collingwood backline.

Ditto Battle. The Hawks have built their resurgence on defensive intercepts and elite disposal from D50. He makes an already formidable backline just a bit better.

Cumming definitely improves Adelaide but, let's be honest, that is a terrible backline.

My dear old granny would make the Adelaide backline better.

I would say a fringe player is someone who gets dropped occasionally, and isnt a player who always comes straight back into the ones after injury, even when they miss 3 or 4 games.

Played in a premiership in his fifth game as a teen and has never been dropped since.

Selected when half fit, and first 22 in three premiership sides (missing one GF, heroically).

Never played VFL, even through multiple seasons with the best team in the league, with a successful VFL team full of players good enough to play AFL.

He has never been a fringe player.

I am certain he will be best 22 at west coast for the next 5 years. And I also think he has more improvement in him.

Reactions: 7 users
Lol Coburg you are a clown. Your takes have been spectacularly bad of late.

Jack Graham is bottom 6, WC penned a contract accordingly, we got compensated accordingly.

But no, Graham is actually a superstar and the AFL goes out of their way to shaft one club for arcane reasons.

Clownish.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol Coburg you are a clown. Your takes have been spectacularly bad of late.

Jack Graham is bottom 6, WC penned a contract accordingly, we got compensated accordingly.

But no, Graham is actually a superstar and the AFL goes out of their way to shaft one club for arcane reasons.

Clownish.
You've devolved from passive aggression, to outright aggression and petty name calling.

Congrats.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Jack Graham that is ....

Whatever else you have given RFC I will always remember 30/9/2017 and the role you played in it.

Reactions: 3 users
IMG_1011.jpeg

WA paper calling Graham a speedster Are they talking about our ex player?

• Haha
You've devolved from passive aggression, to outright aggression and petty name calling.

Congrats.
I don't think he has devolved, just fluctuates constantly between all 3, while sometimes also trying to claim the intellectual high ground.

Played in a premiership in his fifth game as a teen and has never been dropped since.

Selected when half fit, and first 22 in three premiership sides (missing one GF, heroically).

Never played VFL, even through multiple seasons with the best team in the league, with a successful VFL team full of players good enough to play AFL.

He has never been a fringe player.

I am certain he will be best 22 at west coast for the next 5 years. And I also think he has more improvement in him.
So CT, it appears you are mistaken. The Fringe Fridge was dropped once or twice 5 or 6 years ago, and has missed one other game he was possibly fit for in that time, when he wasn't brought straight back from injury.
Clearly on the fringe of selection.

• Haha
So CT, it appears you are mistaken. The Fringe Fridge was dropped once or twice 5 or 6 years ago, and has missed one other game he was possibly fit for in that time, when he wasn't brought straight back from injury.
Clearly on the fringe of selection.
Fair cop, I was actually wrong, I didn't remember him ever being dropped .

But it does make him about as fringe as Nankervis is.

(Putting myself out on a limb again here, but I think I do remember Nank being dropped a couple of times in 2019/2020)

Reactions: 2 users
Fair cop, I was actually wrong, I didn't remember him ever being dropped .

But it does make him about as fringe as Nankervis is.

(Putting myself out on a limb again here, but I think I do remember Nank being dropped a couple of times in 2019/2020)

IIRC you are correct

Geez people still carrying on about this.

It aint rocket science.

We know there are three key components to this, the 4th component is the afl's ability intercede if they deem fit.

Age is one component graham turns 27 in February.
Second is length of contract. This we know to be four years.
Last is dollars how much per year. This we dont know , going by the compo we got it has to be under 500k.

This tells us all that the AFL have stuck to their criteria because if Graham had a 5 yr contract or was paid over 500k a year we would have got what pick 25 or something.

The Afl in its wisdom chose not to intercede given we have in recent times won three flags and this is the first time since 2010 that we have had such a poor season. There is some logic to it.

As a supporter we need only ask what his true worth is and i would say given his record his strengths and weaknesses end of second round pick is a fair outcome.

Given the cumbersome amount of mids we have the reality was at least one had to go. With an influx of quick ball winning mids taken high in the draft id say Graham has weighed up weather he will actually get a regular game next year and decided to leave.

There is no conspiracy people need to stop this moaning and bitching about just about everything that happens. People the world is indeed round.

Reactions: 3 users