Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Do you know how many games Jack Graham has played in the VFL in the last 4 years?
I'll give you a clue, it is less than 1. I am not sure how he can be considered a "fringe" player when he is selected every week he is available.
He was lucky due to a large injury list for past two seasons and our depth was horrendous. He was also Dimma's, mini's and Yze's personal pet and was really picked on reputation from the deeds prior to 2019. I think it lead to him being constantly injured and he should've been roomed in via the magoos. I'm glad he's not our problem anymore as he was becoming stagnant and offering zero to the team futurewise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
He was lucky due to a large injury list for past two seasons and our depth was horrendous. He was also Dimma's, mini's and Yze's personal pet and was really picked on reputation from the deeds prior to 2019. I think it lead to him being constantly injured and he should've been roomed in via the magoos. I'm glad he's not our problem anymore as he was becoming stagnant and offering zero to the team futurewise.
We can argue the semantics all day long, what tiger fans are pissed off about is three teams got "overs" and we got "unders ".

Geez people still carrying on about this.

It aint rocket science.

We know there are three key components to this, the 4th component is the afl's ability intercede if they deem fit.

Age is one component graham turns 27 in February.
Second is length of contract. This we know to be four years.
Last is dollars how much per year. This we dont know , going by the compo we got it has to be under 500k.

This tells us all that the AFL have stuck to their criteria because if Graham had a 5 yr contract or was paid over 500k a year we would have got what pick 25 or something.

The Afl in its wisdom chose not to intercede given we have in recent times won three flags and this is the first time since 2010 that we have had such a poor season. There is some logic to it.

As a supporter we need only ask what his true worth is and i would say given his record his strengths and weaknesses end of second round pick is a fair outcome.

Given the cumbersome amount of mids we have the reality was at least one had to go. With an influx of quick ball winning mids taken high in the draft id say Graham has weighed up weather he will actually get a regular game next year and decided to leave.

There is no conspiracy people need to stop this moaning and bitching about just about everything that happens. People the world is indeed round.
The world is round????????Come off it!

He might end up being an ok get for wet toast.
If he can get his body right, his strengths of ‘elite pressure acts’ (or whatever the jargon is nowadays) could compliment and free up a midfielder talent like Reid quite well.

If not, then whatevs.

Either way, good luck Jack and thanks for being part of the dynasty!!

How will Jack go over there on that hard track.
Go Track And Field GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I think the three boys that left and went west are going to be in for a bit of a shock next year when they realise they have to jump on a plane every second week for 4+ hours.

Very few players get to 300+ games out west, all that travel just shortens their careers.

I’m not saying any of them are done by any shot, but they have probably left a few years of footy on the table by heading interstate.