Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

The formula must be based on data rather than circumstance or subjective opinion. On numbers I think we were treated quite harshly.
Well the subjective opinion plays out based on the contract that was offered and the secret herbs and spices formula. We don't really know what the dollars are (or at least I don't) or the formula. But you wouldn't think Graham would attract top dollar on a yearly basis and maybe went for security thus the 4 year deal. I'd hope there's no excessive subjective opinion in the AFL's formula.

Fringe can also probably mean your 18th-22th best player. Doesn't have to mean they're playing VFL.

2nd worst average vote getter this season, averaging 0.71 votes per game. Only just beat Dow's 0.65 votes per game. 100% a fringe player.
I would say a fringe player is someone who gets dropped occasionally, and isnt a player who always comes straight back into the ones after injury, even when they miss 3 or 4 games.

Reactions: 1 user
Short memories on here re Jack and what he has done for this club...with lots of the usual cheap shots players seem to get after their use by date.

Good luck to him at West Coast and I wish him all the best moving forward and I hope he never reads some of the *smile* on here and elsewhere.

His best footy IS probably behind him, but he got everything out of himself whilst playing here for us and helped massively getting us into the 2019 Grand Final.

And after meeting him a few times I know he loved this club, and after what he did for my son will never be forgotten.

Go well Jacky boy...I will never, ever boo you.

Reactions: 23 users
wait next year before assuming 1 good year in their career is a precedent of making a sound judgement.
You said they were bottom 6 of their teams when they were both well inside their top 10’s. Not sure what next year has to do with it

You said they were bottom 6 of their teams when they were both well inside their top 10’s. Not sure what next year has to do with it
I don't judge a player's value based off 1 season's best and fairest count (especially their end of contract year). The b&f itself has many variables, Luke McCabe came second in a b&f...

I don't judge a player's value based off 1 season's best and fairest count. The b&f itself has many variables, Luke McCabe came second in a b&f...
Not sure what your armchair judgement & variables have to do with anything. They both finished top 5 & 10 in their BnF counts.

They are not bottom 6 players in their teams.

Not sure what your armchair judgement & variables have to do with anything. They both finished top 5 & 10 in their BnF counts.

They are not bottom 6 players in their teams.
OK name the bottom six out of the following:

B: Keane N.Murray Michalanney
HB: Milera Smith Cumming
C: Hinge Soligo Sholl
HF: Neal-Bullen Keays Rankine
F: Fogarty Walker Rachele
FOLL: O'Brien, Dawson, Laird
INTER: Murphy, Crouch, Nankervis, Thilthorpe

B: Maynard Moore Quaynor
HB: Perryman Howe Houston
C: Sidebottom de Goey J.Daicos
HF: Schulz McGreery Hill
F: Mihocek McStay Elliott
FOLL: Cameron, Crisp, N.Daicos
INTER: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott

B: Battle Barrass Sicily
HB: Amon Weddle Hardwick
C: Impey Newcombe D'Ambrosio
HF: Ginnivan C.MacDonald Moore
F: Dear Lewis Watson
FOLL: Meek, Day, Worpel
INTER: Nash, Scrimshaw, Mackenzie, Chol

C: Sidebottom de Goey J.Daicos
HF: Schulz McGreery Hill
F: Mihocek McStay Elliott
FOLL: Cameron, Crisp, N.Daicos
INTER: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott

B: Battle Barrass Sicily
HB: Amon Weddle Hardwick
C: Impey Newcombe D'Ambrosio
HF: Ginnivan C.MacDonald Moore
F: Dear Lewis Watson
FOLL: Meek, Day, Worpel
INTER: Nash, Scrimshaw, Mackenzie, Chol
Not sure what that achieves?

Please refer to my point about Perryman and Battle not being in their bottom 6 players by the fact both had top 5 & 10 finishes in their BnF’s

Not sure what that achieves?

Please refer to my point about Perryman and Battle not being in their bottom 6 players by the fact both had top 5 & 10 finishes in their BnF’s
it determines who is the bottom 6 in each of the players corresponding sides as was originally discussed. b&f counts from 1 season don't exclusively counter that.

it determines who is the bottom 6 in each of the players corresponding sides as was originally discussed. b&f counts from 1 season don't exclusively counter that.
Righto, this post tells me this is going nowhere so to save everyone else in the thread, ill refer to my previous point.

I get the feeling jack knew he may struggle to play mid if he stayed, I always thought he was a good football player that gave his best and played to his strengths. I wish him all the best, he helped turn the game in the 2017 GF.

Reactions: 2 users
I would say a fringe player is someone who gets dropped occasionally, and isnt a player who always comes straight back into the ones after injury, even when they miss 3 or 4 games.

Lol you’re digging a hole now.

Graham has been a peripheral player for multiple seasons and at time of trade is past his peak.

Definition of fringe. Fridge is fringe.

Reactions: 1 users