Morris Thomas competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Morris Thomas competition

lamb22 said:
Closest to the hole aggregate amount of frees against and clangers for both players:

My guess 9 frees against and 16 clangers making a total of 25.

Hmmm seeing a pattern here. You don't rate these 2 players and they go ok in a team that had a very big winning margin. You have Liam on a very high pedestal and he hardly gets a touch (going by reports)...in the reserves.

Four clangers between the both of them - two each, Three frees against them and four frees for.

18 disposals for Stevie, 19 for Matt.

I'm sure some people on this thread are a tad disappointed.

antman said:
I'm sure some people on this thread are a tad disappointed.

Nah I don't think so. I think the majority much prefer to see our players perform well.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Well done Steve and Matt!!!
Yep, both of them seem to have performed well for bottom enders n provided the input the coach would have been looking for.

antman said:
Is that why they ridicule Morris constantly in this and other threads?

I would think the reasons are pretty obvious. It's been his performances that have attracted criticism this year, and rightly so, not that anyone wishes he performs that way.

tigerlove said:
I would think the reasons are pretty obvious. It's been his performances that have attracted criticism this year, and rightly so, not that anyone wishes he performs that way.

I reckon there's an element on here who love to be proven right after they've slagged off one of our players repeatedly, but let's agree to disagree.

How do you reckon he did today anyway?

antman said:
Four clangers between the both of them - two each, Three frees against them and four frees for.

18 disposals for Stevie, 19 for Matt.

A very solid return. Dimma would be happy with their efforts. Both justified their selections today.

antman said:

so just 1 disposal clanger- not bad for 2 "turnover merchants"

jb03 said:
Forget the stats. Watch him play and kick.
Done and done JB, thought he did well, didn't see any turnovers. KE 89.5%. 1 goal, 3 centre clearances, 19 disposals.

How do you think he went?

lamb22 said:
The magic number was 7. Big Country the closest with 4. Well done to the believers!

LOL. Thanks Lamby. Half glass full. Thought they both did well enough today for the last two selected.

Funny thread, can't believe I missed it.

I reckon Thomas was pretty bloody good.

Tigertim: 1

Jimbob/Leysy: Squadoosh

evo said:
Funny thread, can't believe I missed it.

I reckon Thomas was pretty bloody good.

Tigertim: 1

Jimbob/Leysy: Squadoosh

Leysy doesnt have to be on JB's side does he?

Leysy Days said:

I think it's a bit late in the game to be teaming up with Tim mate.

Leysy Days said:
Just as long as your not on mine old boy!

How many turnovers did Matt have today? Waddya reckon of his game?

evo said:
I think it's a bit late in the game to be teaming up with Tim mate.

Never while leysy's judgement is correct.

tigertim said:
Just as long as your not on mine old boy!

How many turnovers did Matt have today? Waddya reckon of his game?

Thought his 4 kicks, all 20m sideways were breathtaking.

Leysy Days said:
Never while leysy's judgement is correct.

Thought his 4 kicks, all 20m sideways were breathtaking.

Winning that contested ball and getting the handball out was just OK?