Morris Thomas competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Morris Thomas competition

tigerlove said:
That's a lot of clangers for Thomas. Morris doesn't get enough of the ball to clang in big numbers.

Thomas will have more clangers than Morris has possessions.

Morris there to do a stopping job. That's it. Stop complaining that he doesn't get the ball. He's not meant to. Forward pressure, 3 kicks, a goal.

Sceptical about Thomas. Wins it enough but not great without it. Will be counting Morris's pressure acts and watching Thomas without the ball on Sunday.

We still have questionable depth I'm afraid.

FWIW 3FA and 5 clangers

Ridley said:
Thomas will have more clangers than Morris has possessions.
I'll one up that and say that Morris has more clangers than Morris has possessions.

Thomas to have 24 disposals (4 effective).
A combined 2 tackles between them.

I'm not playing this, and I do think Liam should have been selected, but can anyone tell me how many goals Liam has kicked in the AFL?

CarnTheTiges said:
I'm not playing this, and I do think Liam should have been selected, but can anyone tell me how many goals Liam has kicked in the AFL?

About the same number as Morris.

PBoRSM said:
Morris there to do a stopping job. That's it. Stop complaining that he doesn't get the ball. He's not meant to. Forward pressure, 3 kicks, a goal.

Oh please, he's been terrible at that role this year. Show me another small forward in any other team that has played 12 games and delivered as little as Morris. You won't find one because there ain't one.

I don't think Thomas is the turnover merchant that everyone makes out. I'll check the KE stats on Monday.

As stated Stevie won't ring up many clangers when he only gets it 6 times a game.

tigertim said:
I don't think Thomas is the turnover merchant that everyone makes out. I'll check the KE stats on Monday.

As stated Stevie won't ring up many clangers when he only gets it 6 times a game.

Forget the stats. Watch him play and kick.