Morris Thomas competition | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Morris Thomas competition

antman said:
Don't forget " he gets caught holding the ball too much" .... Had two frees against and two for. :hihi

True.

Anyway, I think we all need to take a breath and take stock. You have to when I Antman and I are on the same page and JB and Leysy are also on the same page....there's something very wrong in the world.... :spin

tigertim said:
True.

Anyway, I think we all need to take a breath and take stock. You have to when I Antman and I are on the same page and JB and Leysy are also on the same page....there's something very wrong in the world.... :spin

True that Tim. May be its the beginning of some beautiful friendships...

tigertim said:
Come on jb, this thread was knocking his "clangers". I have used 2 stats that I beleive illustrate that it isnt true his disposal is poor. And we paid visual attention yesterday to watch for "clangers". Didn't see any ( yes free kicks are counted for "clangers' but thats got nothing to do with his disposal)

But then the goal posts shift to "he's too slow" or "his opponent was better".

Fair enough. I did introduce the opponent argument though while valid in totality, what not the original premise. Regardless of any stats i will always believe his is at the lower end of the skill spectrum and i am surprised that anyone would argue the opposite. Can't recall mentioning clangers other than entering into Lamby's original competition.

jb03 said:
His opponent was the opposition's best. Mention that.

Or despite the fact he had 19 possessions he finished with the LEAST metres gained of any Richmond player.

Easy to rack of a nice efficiency when you are either handballing or kicking it sideways.

Leysy's sure Tim was about to tell us that stat as well though.

Leysy Days said:
Or despite the fact he had 19 possessions he finished with the LEAST metres gained of any Richmond player.

Easy to rack of a nice efficiency when you are either handballing or kicking it sideways.

...and now the argument has changed to metres gained. You wanna add that he has the most receeding hairline? That he was the only guy out there called "Thomas"?

Leysy Days said:

Good grief. He had a job to do. Clearly the coach's instruction was to look for outside runners when he got the ball, given his modest foot skills. A couple of his errors were when that runner was in fact in an inferior position to himself.

I liked his hardness and the way he won the ball. Good job

More than a pass for me.

jb03 said:
Fair enough. I did introduce the opponent argument though while valid in totality, what not the original premise. Regardless of any stats i will always believe his is at the lower end of the skill spectrum and i am surprised that anyone would argue the opposite. Can't recall mentioning clangers other than entering into Lamby's original competition.

So be it, we,ll leave it there and watch him again on saturday (should he get a game.....)

tigersnake said:
Clutching at straws. He's meant to get the ball out of packs, not be Lids or Houli

Just putting his disposal efficiency into perspective.

He was OK on weekend, but we'll get burnt playing Tim's lovechild against strong opposition.

I don't think he'll play against strong opposition. With Sheds and Conca out, he came in to take a few bruises from our sore inside warriors Chimp and Miles. He did that okay. Lambert did it really well.

He's the first man out of the side. Everyone knows that.

spook said:
I don't think he'll play against strong opposition. With Sheds and Conca out, he came in to take a few bruises from our sore inside warriors Chimp and Miles. He did that okay. Lambert did it really well.

He's the first man out of the side. Everyone knows that.

Possibly.

Leysy has a hunch Dimma might have been spooked by the contested ball and clearance numbers against Adelaide.

Leysy Days said:
Just putting his disposal efficiency into perspective.

He was OK on weekend, but we'll get burnt playing Tim's lovechild against strong opposition.

But you didn't put it into perspective though. Don't dispute the last point. He's a fringe player, you can't afford to have too many in against good sides, its true.

Leysy Days said:
Possibly.

Leysy has a hunch Dimma might have been spooked by the contested ball and clearance numbers against Adelaide.

Ya reckon Leysey? He was and addressed it..

Leysy Days said:
Possibly.

I was. Has anyone come up with any new theories on that? Still stunned by how flat we were.

tigersnake said:
I was. Has anyone come up with any new theories on that? Still stunned by how flat we were.

It was the flu. Thought it was pretty common knowledge that was why we were flat.

I don't know why so many people are defending Thomas. Must be an overreaction to the big win. It's the opposite phenomenon to the overreactions of a big loss.

Considering what was around him (stars on his team, nobodies on the other team), his decision making was extremely poor.

His only positive was that he absorbed some body knocks and reminded our regulars that you need to win the contested ball or Dimma will select players like Thomas to feel more secure about the contested numbers. Remember, Dimma coaches for the KPIs. We win the contested ball or he selects someone who will, regardless of talent. In this way, Thomas is a kind of punishment he unleashes on the team, similar to dishing out 4 x 800s at training whenever a player fails to follow instruction. From this perspective, Thomas played his role perfectly and should be applauded.

If Thomas is on the list to come in when we have some injuries, and throw his body around and play a role, excellent.
I don't think anyone has a problem with that. It's a very intelligent and responsible use of the list, and player management.

If Edwards comes back into the side, and Thomas stays in, and Lennon/Kmac go out, not excellent.

Chimptastic said:
I don't know why so many people are defending Thomas. Must be an overreaction to the big win. It's the opposite phenomenon to the overreactions of a big loss.

Considering what was around him (stars on his team, nobodies on the other team), his decision making was extremely poor.

His only positive was that he absorbed some body knocks and reminded our regulars that you need to win the contested ball or Dimma will select players like Thomas to feel more secure about the contested numbers. Remember, Dimma coaches for the KPIs. We win the contested ball or he selects someone who will, regardless of talent. In this way, Thomas is a kind of punishment he unleashes on the team, similar to dishing out 4 x 800s at training whenever a player fails to follow instruction. From this perspective, Thomas played his role perfectly and should be applauded.

Yup.

Coburgtiger said:
If Thomas is on the list to come in when we have some injuries, and throw his body around and play a role, excellent.
I don't think anyone has a problem with that. It's a very intelligent and responsible use of the list, and player management.

If Edwards comes back into the side, and Thomas stays in, and Lennon/Kmac go out, not excellent.

Yep