Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

Geez if Arnot was given the same opportunities that others have had Morris, Grigg, Chaplin, Newman etc he might or may not offer smething. Give him a decent crack at it in a position that suits him. Prefer him than others who have let us down time after time.

I would select Arnot before Morris, Grigg, Petterd and Thomas ... and happily so.
It might say much about the current state of the list, but reckon this fella has more to offer, which may not be huge, than those mentioned.
Also thought his goal on Friday night was pretty good.

saigon tiger said:
Geez if Arnot was given the same opportunities that others have had Morris, Grigg, Chaplin, Newman etc he might or may not offer smething. Give him a decent crack at it in a position that suits him. Prefer him than others who have let us down time after time.
Hope I'm wrong , but the Ol biscuit will not have anywhere near the AFL career of those 4, Morris really struggling atm but weather you like em or not They have had good careers

CC TIGER said:
Hope I'm wrong , but the Ol biscuit will not have anywhere near the AFL career of those 4, Morris really struggling atm but weather you like em or not They have had good careers
mediocre footballers at best

Of the 44 players on the field last Friday only Grigg(!), Ellus, Maric and Vandenberg had more tackles.

Tiger Tim we do not want Tigers who can only tackle. We want Tigers who do not have to tackle as we want the Tigers to have 60% plus of the ball. Tigers have a good percentage of the ball BUT what do they do with it. Turn it over time & time again with poor skills. Half of them do not even know how to kick. Doubt if any of them could kick a torpedo. Do you see The Tigers doing the long bomb after a point. No as coach & co do not know how to do it themselves & are not game enough to implement it. Doubt if Dimma could do a torp.

Bill James said:
he put a really big hit on Jones just after Jones mauled him on the ground. It was just at the edge of the screen. Jones took some time to get up.

It was beautifully administered, BJ. Right on the AC. Cynical but accurate. Jones is one of my favourite players these days. How he plays the way he does with that dodgy shoulder is awesome.

I'll be interested to see if Arnot can clean another one up this week. The next one won't get up.

tigertim said:
Of the 44 players on the field last Friday only Grigg(!), Ellus, Maric and Vandenberg had more tackles.

Nice way to make it look better than it is. Also 5 players had the same tackles as he did and another 5 had just one less. It was a very high tackling game and I didn't really see him excel in that area.

tigerlove said:
Nice way to make it look better than it is. Also 5 players had the same tackles as he did and another 5 had just one less. It was a very high tackling game and I didn't really see him excel in that area.
I was just reporting the stats in response to his tackling.

tigertim said:
I was just reporting the stats in response to his tackling.

Highlighted by the glaring stats you chose to omit. He tackled ok but by no means was he outstanding compared to the majority of many other players. Certainly doesn't negate the glaring deficiencies he has but again to me it comes down to whether he did a better job as a defensive forward in his one game than Morris has in that role and you'd have to say a resounding yes. It would be an injustice if Arnot was dropped ahead of Morris right now.

tigerlove said:
Highlighted by the glaring stats you chose to omit. He tackled ok but by no means was he outstanding compared to the majority of many other players. Certainly doesn't negate the glaring deficiencies he has but again to me it comes down to whether he did a better job as a defensive forward in his one game than Morris has in that role and you'd have to say a resounding yes. It would be an injustice if Arnot was dropped ahead of Morris right now.

You referring to these stats I posted 24 hrs ago?

tigertim said:
10 disposals (7k, 3HB) of which 6 were contested @ 60 efficiency, gained 238metres ( whatever that means!), 1 clearance, 6 tackles, 17 pressure acts, 1 goal from 80% game time.

tigertim said:
You referring to these stats I posted 24 hrs ago?

No I am just referring to the stat that only 3 players had more tackles.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Too many mediocre footballers at Richmond over too many years.
your never going to have a team full of Dustin Martin, Alex rances and Trent Cotchins. You need the hard at it tough types and I think young Matty deserves a few weeks to prove himself . He is as tough as they come and has a red hot go the same way Matty White used to in the early days. From what I saw of him at the Family day a nice polite level headed kid too someone the likes of Dustin Martin could learn from.

Bad luck Matt, maybe you better work in star jumps and running around not getting a kick.

tigertim said:
Bad luck Matt, maybe you better work in star jumps and running around nit getting a kick.

Jeez it's just a bit sad. Crucify him by playing him out of position and then scapegoat him - 2 years in a row. See ya Matt, we'll never know if you coulda made it.

sends a shocking message to the younger players Morris over Arnott and McDonough - what a crock of..

AMPS said:
Jeez it's just a bit sad. Crucify him by playing him out of position and then scapegoat him - 2 years in a row. See ya Matt, we'll never know if you coulda made it.
Tend to agree. Was never really played in the middle, so no idea if he could have played a role there. At the very least he performed a hell of a lot better than what Morris did in his forward role.

Elevated from rookie list not played at centre bounce on a wet night to be dropped after 1 game :pullhair :brickwall
Time to start looking elsewhere Biscuit you're not given a go by Dimmer