Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

why cant they give him three or four games in the midfield....not half forward

The biggest worry for me last night watching him closely is the lack of endurance he posses ,mixed with his lack of pace

Bunnerz said:

Because he is crapola that is why

i spoke to someone "in the know" and they said, they are real worried about his pace and endurance and that he cant spend more than 10mins in the guts.
The aim was to play him as a defensive forward...problem here is that on the turnovers they just run away from him out of defense to easily.anyway.

Bunnerz said:
i spoke to someone "in the know" and they said, they are real worried about his pace and endurance and that he cant spend more than 10mins in the guts.
The aim was to play him as a defensive forward...problem here is that on the turnovers they just run away from him out of defense to easily.anyway.

Jeez, Bunnerz. As a defensive forward. RFC has become some kind of drug den.

Regardless of where he was played on Friday night, he is simply not up to AFL standard.

We need to find better, or performances like we saw this week will continue.

Should never have been rookied, let alone upgraded.

DragicevicFan said:
Regardless of where he was played on Friday night, he is simply not up to AFL standard.

We need to find better, or performances like we saw this week will continue.

+1

DragicevicFan said:

Problem is there wasn't much else to upgrade at this stage. I just don't think Short and Castagna are quite ready and Lambert was already upgraded. Only other option was Thomas, but I just don't wish to see him playing in ones again, it would be a big step backwards. I don't think Arnot will make it but now is the time to find out once and for all.

As ordinary as he was, we have to play him again this week. No point just bringing players in and dropping them the very next week. Lets start finding out who can do what.

10 disposals (7k, 3HB) of which 6 were contested @ 60 efficiency, gained 238metres ( whatever that means!), 1 clearance, 6 tackles, 17 pressure acts, 1 goal from 80% game time.

tigertim said:
10 disposals (7k, 3HB) of which 6 were contested @ 60 efficiency, gained 238metres ( whatever that means!), 1 clearance, 6 tackles, 17 pressure acts, 1 goal from 80% game time.

Well it's an upgrade on what Morris was delivering at the very least.

tigertim said:

And thats playing him as a defensive forward the same position Morris had with virtually zero impact. If Arnott gets the flick and Morris is picked again I will be pissed. Had enough of the selection committee at this rabble. Forget about my membership again gutfull

Bunnerz said:
because Arnott cant hardly ever reach 20 pocessions in the vfl, not up to vfl standard ; absalute rubbish footballer whom at afl level is several levels above him, would not even be a certain star in the gfl.

Thought he bought as much as last time we played him...not much.
Made the usual mistakes when under pressure, should have elevated Thomas for the wet weather game imo, though we lost the game going I50 so wouldnt have made much difference.

Tigers of Old said:
As ordinary as he was, we have to play him again this week. No point just bringing players in and dropping them the very next week. Lets start finding out who can do what.

That's about it, Olds.