Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Time to elevate Arnot?

btoz_01 said:
Elevated from rookie list not played at centre bounce on a wet night to be dropped after 1 game :pullhair :brickwall
Time to start looking elsewhere Biscuit you're not given a go by Dimmer
[/quote

Yep incredible.
Just defies logic
Well I think we know who should go and it's not biscuit

Raised a lot of eyebrows when we picked him in the draft.
Rookie selection at best.

Don't understand the logic with these so called out of the box selections.
Surely we can select the best possible player?

Don't agree with bringing kids in for one game an then dropping them , however in this case I'd rather give any of the other kids a game instead

The funny thing is 4 mid/small players who were given outside roles last week are out of the team even though our insiders were ones who got destroyed.
We bring in 1 guy who can play inside (Corey Ellis) but he is underdone from pre-season, and he gets named straight in the middle.

The team as a whole looks better when there is an extra inside mid (hopefully with toughness - but he is young) but one wonders why was it just so hard to give Arnott a few centre clearances and give him a bit of a go in a natural position if you are willing to bring in Ellis underdone and put him straight in there.

As said previously... Arnot may never be good enough to make it but he has never even been given a a go in his natural position when we clearly have a deficiency there with Foley, Conca and Ellis out earlier in the season.

Juffaricho said:
The funny thing is 4 mid/small players who were given outside roles last week are out of the team even though our insiders were ones who got destroyed.
We bring in 1 guy who can play inside (Corey Ellis) but he is underdone from pre-season, and he gets named straight in the middle.

The team as a whole looks better when there is an extra inside mid (hopefully with toughness - but he is young) but one wonders why was it just so hard to give Arnott a few centre clearances and give him a bit of a go in a natural position if you are willing to bring in Ellis underdone and put him straight in there.

As said previously... Arnot may never be good enough to make it but he has never even been given a a go in his natural position when we clearly have a deficiency there with Foley, Conca and Ellis out earlier in the season.
Spot on.

FFS!

How are you ever going to find if this bloke can play if he is only ever in for ONE *smile* WEEK at a time. *smile* ridiculous!

Juffaricho said:

One explanation - his mind is already made up - even if subconciously. And he doesn't change it

If Inwas Arnot, my mates would all be textin me sayin, hey I know you're not allowed to, but if you read PRE, you've got a lot if support. Even those that aren't aure about you think you deserve a better shot at it

Why elevate him if this is how he is going to be used . I presume being on the senior list entitles you to better coin

Tigers of Old said:
He's gotta be unlikeable is all I can think.

If I was him I'd follow Morris around,whatever he does... Copy it (except during games) and he might get picked

Rancey18 said:
You'd certainly hope the side wasn't picked based on that. Takes all different types!

You'd hope not. When he kicked that fantastic goal last week it was interesting to me how few team mates really congratulated him. He seemed pretty pleased with himself though. He's always come off as a shall we say 'confident' fella. Maybe that rubs some the wrong way? I will call it now he won't be on the list next season..

a bit stiff...should have been given three or four games in a row, if wasn't performing then drop him and delist

He and McDonough both. I don't think Arnot will make it, although he did more than some others *cough* Morris, that have been retained. The club clearly don't think so either. This makes no sense in retaining him as a rookie.