Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Don't see anything in the Iced Vovo. Not AFL standard. He's another Post where for some reason people see potential in him but I think he's over achieved already.

Will be back at Oakleigh next year.

Feel for the kid.

Small sample size to see if he can make it.

Play in the midfield. Big bodied. Goes in hard. Tackles. I now not the quickest but unfair.

Harsh treatment .

I remember a game last year he played, laud the most tackles, yet got dropped the next week.

Kicks a wonderful goal last week, did ok, wasn't the worse, some senior players were poor yet they don't get dropped and others do.

Think his papers are stamp now. Not one of Dimmas favourites.

Baloo said:
Don't see anything in the Iced Vovo. Not AFL standard. He's another Post where for some reason people see potential in him but I think he's over achieved already.

Like others, just think that he is being played out of his natural position.

Outperformed Morris when Morris was in the same role earlier in the year, yet he was still demoted.

yeah its a little blatant. much more in the game last week than Morris. gotta mess with yr head a bit.

Baloo said:

Why upgrade Biscuit off the rookie list and only give him 1 game? :headscratch :pullhair

btoz_01 said:
Why upgrade Biscuit off the rookie list and only give him 1 game? :headscratch :pullhair

Dunno, but here are some possibilities

1) it's a LTIL upgrade, not a permanent one
2) they probably hoped he would perform better
3) With Thomas coming back from in jury, TimTam was probably the only big bodied player they felt could cope.
4) RFC Match Committee are jokers who read PRE and thought it would be a great way to stir us up.

Given that he's now 21 years old and has played a few games in the seniors I don't think he'd be eligible for the Oakleigh Chargers TAC list any more. Mt Waverley is listed as his junior club. Both he and Chris Knights are claimed as products of the Vermont Football Club in the EFL.

CarnTheTiges said:
I'm really not sure why he and McDonough are carrying the can for last week.

Because Morris Grigg Houli and to a lesser extent Batchelor are undroppable.

Bunnerz said:
lol at people saying arnott is better than grigg.
no way.
I tend to agree, but could Morris have made way for either he or McDonough? When Grigg is depth only, we'll be a better side. I don't think picking Arnot one week, then dropping him the next does anything for the player or the club. Arnot's entire career has been like that. Anyone know how often he's played consecutive games in the ones?

CarnTheTiges said:
I tend to agree, but could Morris have made way for either he or McDonough? When Grigg is depth only, we'll be a better side. I don't think picking Arnot one week, then dropping him the next does anything for the player or the club. Arnot's entire career has been like that. Anyone know how often he's played consecutive games in the ones?

in 2013 he played 4 games. all in a row.
in 2014 he played 4 games. 3 in a row early then he played 1 later in the year.

Brodders17 said:
in 2013 he played 4 games. all in a row.
in 2014 he played 4 games. 3 in a row early then he played 1 later in the year.
Thanks, Brodders. The 2013 ones must have been split by a bye round. The perception I had was that he plays one week, doesn't star and gets dropped for the next one. That's obviously not the case, given that he's only played 9 games, and had a few in a row a couple of times. Still think there were others who could have gone ahead of him.

I think I saw an incident out of the corner of my eye last Friday night - although I was sobbing and couldn't see clearly...

Amongst a litany of errors, we fought and fought to get the ball forward (kicking to PRE), with Titch involved in several exchanges. He eventually won a free(?) and mis-kicked it into half forward with a scrubbing 30m kick. It was still to our advantage as there was no-one there. Around 15m from this was Arnot, with hands on his knees, doubled over - incapable of entering the contest.

He looked pretty good early, but I reckon his endurance is low, with almost non-existent second efforts.

I have not been a huge fan of Grigg's in the past, but for those who have not seen some major changes in his work rate this year, they are not looking very hard.

Still think he was played out of position when elevated to the seniors.

He isn't a forward pocket. Pure inside mid.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Still think he was played out of position when elevated to the seniors.

He isn't a forward pocket. Pure inside mid.
Was always at long odds when he was delisted and then rookied for this year.