Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Think it’s pretty much common knowledge that he’s not liked amongst his co workers and was never to popular with his ex teammates.

Personally think he’s a pretty ordinary human, I remember him been called out for running on the middle of the road holding up traffic and his excuse was his smart watch didn’t work if he was running under the trees so he needed to run on the road …areshole , but my opinion is irrelevant and do all I can to avoid him in social media , in saying that I really try hard to avoid most in the AFL media world , I prefer it that way .

What I don’t understand is just like BT, Robbo the general footy public don’t seem to like Cornes and turn off more then they turn on , yet media organisations sign these people to huge money deals so I get the feel I’m in the minority and I’m should become more negative on everything , make stupid attention seeking statements, look at all the bad in footy, complain about *smile* that is irrelevant, actually I’m not sure why I’m not in the AFL media 😁

*smile* you Cornes you’ve helped ruin my love of the game

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Think it’s pretty much common knowledge that he’s not liked amongst his co workers and was never to popular with his ex teammates.

Personally think he’s a pretty ordinary human, I remember him been called out for running on the middle of the road holding up traffic and his excuse was his smart watch didn’t work if he was running under the trees so he needed to run on the road …areshole , but my opinion is irrelevant and do all I can to avoid him in social media , in saying that I really try hard to avoid most in the AFL media world , I prefer it that way .

What I don’t understand is just like BT, Robbo the general footy public don’t seem to like Cornes and turn off more then they turn on , yet media organisations sign these people to huge money deals so I get the feel I’m in the minority and I’m should become more negative on everything , make stupid attention seeking statements, look at all the bad in footy, complain about *smile* that is irrelevant, actually I’m not sure why I’m not in the AFL media 😁

*smile* you Cornes you’ve helped ruin my love of the game
If you think that's bad, have a read of parrots sliding doors.
He goes to the throat of nearly every club besides Collingwood and Hawthorn.
It's negative city.
And as you said, instead of losing these people, they get rewarded and get better Jobs.

Reactions: 1 user
Saw this headline and wondered what the Cornes were doing at the Paralympics...

1725098011535.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I just wish they would stop the extremely stupid on ground interview straight after the game and instead focus the cameras on the after match exchanges between the players.

More confirmation on how much Cornes hates Richmond, what a piece of excrement he is.

Toothless not ruthless: Why AFL clubs need to stop playing nice​

"Where is the ruthless edge that once defined the AFL? Clubs are no longer willing to play hardball on trades, contract negotiations, honest feedback to players or even setting strict training standards.

Instead, we are witnessing a wave of softness and appeasement. Clubs are more interested in keeping everyone happy rather than chasing success at all costs. This shift is evident across the league – and there are a few glaring examples.

Take West Coast’s pursuit of Liam Baker. Baker is out of contract and Richmond will demand a first-round draft pick to close the trade.
But why should West Coast give up anything? Richmond wouldn’t redraft Baker and North Melbourne are unlikely to take him, so they could simply claim Baker for free in the pre-season draft and keep their prized first-round pick.

It would acquire a high-quality player at no cost and send a message to the competition: West Coast will not be pushed around. After three seasons at rock bottom, they would finally be flexing their
muscles.
Instead, West Coast, at risk of offending the rival club or Baker’s management group, will cave in to Richmond’s demands.

The gentle approach is not limited to the West Coast. At Richmond, new coach Adam Yze has also taken a page from the “nice guy” playbook.

Departing chief executive Brendon Gale recently remarked that Yze has “taken a step back” in his first year as coach - no surprise there, considering his tone after some truly dismal performances this season.

The first warning signs came after Richmond was annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine. Consecutive losses followed — a 43-point defeat to Melbourne and a 54-point hammering by Fremantle. But instead of using these humiliations to demand more from his players and to set a standard, Yze chose to satisfy them.
“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.
Really? After three consecutive thrashings, the best he can muster is praise for “trying hard”?
This is not the language of a ruthless leader determined to set high standards.
Yze’s cheerleading approach meant his first season at the helm was a total waste, and it will be hard to change his approach next season with a playing group familiar with his relaxed demeanour.

At Adelaide, coach Matthew Nicks was due to come out of contract at the end of this season.
But the club board was generous in rewarding Nicks with a two-year contract extension at the start of the season because it did not want Nicks to face any scrutiny from the media.
It was another mistake from the underperforming club
."

More confirmation on how much Cornes hates Richmond, what a piece of excrement he is.

"Where is the ruthless edge that once defined the AFL? Clubs are no longer willing to play hardball on trades, contract negotiations, honest feedback to players or even setting strict training standards.

Instead, we are witnessing a wave of softness and appeasement. Clubs are more interested in keeping everyone happy rather than chasing success at all costs. This shift is evident across the league – and there are a few glaring examples.

Take West Coast’s pursuit of Liam Baker. Baker is out of contract and Richmond will demand a first-round draft pick to close the trade.
But why should West Coast give up anything? Richmond wouldn’t redraft Baker and North Melbourne are unlikely to take him, so they could simply claim Baker for free in the pre-season draft and keep their prized first-round pick.

It would acquire a high-quality player at no cost and send a message to the competition: West Coast will not be pushed around. After three seasons at rock bottom, they would finally be flexing their
muscles.
Instead, West Coast, at risk of offending the rival club or Baker’s management group, will cave in to Richmond’s demands.

The gentle approach is not limited to the West Coast. At Richmond, new coach Adam Yze has also taken a page from the “nice guy” playbook.

Departing chief executive Brendon Gale recently remarked that Yze has “taken a step back” in his first year as coach - no surprise there, considering his tone after some truly dismal performances this season.

The first warning signs came after Richmond was annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine. Consecutive losses followed — a 43-point defeat to Melbourne and a 54-point hammering by Fremantle. But instead of using these humiliations to demand more from his players and to set a standard, Yze chose to satisfy them.
“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.
Really? After three consecutive thrashings, the best he can muster is praise for “trying hard”?
Yze’s cheerleading approach meant his first season at the helm was a total waste, and it will be hard to change his approach next season with a playing group familiar with his relaxed demeanour.

At Adelaide, coach Matthew Nicks was due to come out of contract at the end of this season.
But the club board was generous in rewarding Nicks with a two-year contract extension at the start of the season because it did not want Nicks to face any scrutiny from the media.
."

Adelaide and Richmond the targets, im shocked

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

muscles.

."

Typical old school / old fashioned approach that might have worked 20 years ago but not now. Aggressiveness / bullying / my way or the highway approach doesn’t work anymore.

That’s why Kanehole doesn’t work in club land anymore, he a divisive character and no one wants him.

So he's just leaving 9? Not SEN?

Thought Jabba The Hutchy might have marched Vol Korn Hole!

Just a click bait merchant!

Still seething over us beating them in 2020?
And only having to kick 6 Goals to do it!

Love your sour grapes, Vol Korn Head!

Keep feeding your troll too, Jabba.
You two are a dream match.

Reactions: 1 users
So he's just leaving 9? Not SEN?

Thought Jabba The Hutchy might have marched Vol Korn Hole!

Just a click bait merchant!

Still seething over us beating them in 2020?
And only having to kick 6 Goals to do it!

Love your sour grapes, Vol Korn Head!

Keep feeding your troll too, Jabba.
You two are a dream match.
Sad fact is that f-wits like this write this rubbish and get paid for it!!!

I really think his move to Ch 7 is a blessing in disguise for all, because he's gonna get attacked by someone soon. He gets too many soft attacks by his Ch 9 and SEN teammates. Won't be the same at Ch 7.

muscles.

."

I must admit; he knows his intended audience.

This is article is replete with horse manure, shallow analysis and outdated thinking.

And will be eaten up by morons like it's a Krispy Kreme dougnut.

Typical old school / old fashioned approach that might have worked 20 years ago but not now. Aggressiveness / bullying / my way or the highway approach doesn’t work anymore.

That’s why Kanehole doesn’t work in club land anymore, he a divisive character and no one wants him.
It doesn't make sense either. If west coast said to us that they aren't going to trade for Bakes and will let him go to the PSD then why wouldn't Richmond just commit to taking him with our pick 1? If Bakes has a problem with that then he can have a word with the Eagles about trying to do a fair trade. Karen just glosses over that
It just doesn't work, in this case because we have pick 1 in the PSD but also because clubs have memories. If it was that easy it would happen all the time but the number of times players have gone to PSD because of a failed trade is very few.

Reactions: 7 users
It doesn't make sense either. If west coast said to us that they aren't going to trade for Bakes and will let him go to the PSD then why wouldn't Richmond just commit to taking him with our pick 1? If Bakes has a problem with that then he can have a word with the Eagles about trying to do a fair trade. Karen just glosses over that
It just doesn't work, in this case because we have pick 1 in the PSD but also because clubs have memories. If it was that easy it would happen all the time but the number of times players have gone to PSD because of a failed trade is very few.
Yeah, if he went to the PSD why wouldn’t we redraft him? And North are “unlikely to take him”. Really? North or Richmond wouldn’t pick Baker up in the PSD?

So imagine what this degenerate would then write if WC didn’t trade for him and Richmond or North picked him up in the PSD.

“West Coast are a rabble, they’ve completely stuffed up recruiting an experienced premiership player who wanted to come home to WA”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, if he went to the PSD why wouldn’t we redraft him? And North are “unlikely to take him”. Really? North or Richmond wouldn’t pick Baker up in the PSD.

So imagine what this degenerate would then write if WC didn’t trade for him and Richmond or North picked him up in the PSD.

“West Coast are a rabble, they’ve completely stuffed up recruiting an experienced premiership player who wanted to come home to WA”.

Whilst not staying like Broady I believe Baker has some morals and has told the WA clubs that he does not want to be walked to the pre season draft and would only feel comfortable moving if Richmond was fairly compensated.
Luckily Bake's is not disgruntled and still loves the club.
Hopefully a fair deal is struck but WC certainly wouldn't and don't need to pay overs.

Reactions: 3 users
West Coast cannot force Baker to the PSD. If they went that strategy we start talking to Fremantle

He’s like this, because it was how he was coached. His stories about Williams paint him as a real hard bastard with his players. No contact with oppo players before and after games. Remember he wouldn’t let them sing the song (it’s a crap song anyway) when they beat us in ‘04 because it was only Richmond and we didn’t count as a victory worth celebrating.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I must admit; he knows his intended audience.

This is article is replete with horse manure, shallow analysis and outdated thinking.

And will be eaten up by morons like it's a Krispy Kreme dougnut.

Actually if his entire modus operandi is to be a form of 'Shock Jock' then having truth, facts or research are completely unnecessary to what he is trying to do. He just needs to conjure up a view which is the opposite and which can change at any time to get the desired result.