Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

I F#@$&#& hate Geesook and Salty Pricky but it will be hilarious tbh if the Cats get over the Kochies in yet another home final failure..

Cornes will be apoplectic :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I F#@$&#& hate Geesook and Salty Pricky but it will be hilarious tbh if the Cats get over the Kochies in yet another home final failure..

Cornes will be apoplectic :mhihi
I hope it’s a draw. Extra time.Draw. Extra time
And the little prick needs a trip to coronary care. And stays there for five years

He makes it really hard to barrack for Port tonight but just can’t have the cats winning.

Reactions: 1 users
Sad fact is that f-wits like this write this rubbish and get paid for it!!!

I really think his move to Ch 7 is a blessing in disguise for all, because he's gonna get attacked by someone soon. He gets too many soft attacks by his Ch 9 and SEN teammates. Won't be the same at Ch 7.
That's what I reckon.
Channel 7 can't afford people switching off because of his constant bagging.
Always remember no one gets rehired back at 9 when they leave.
Channel 7 plays Switzerland to all footy matters . He hasn't got the protection of Hutchy and Parrot at 7.

Whilst not staying like Broady I believe Baker has some morals and has told the WA clubs that he does not want to be walked to the pre season draft and would only feel comfortable moving if Richmond was fairly compensated.
Luckily Bake's is not disgruntled and still loves the club.
Hopefully a fair deal is struck but WC certainly wouldn't and don't need to pay overs.
Definitely agree on Bakes. Broady re-signed so absolute credit to him as WA is his original home too (and think they have a baby too). Have heaps more empathy for Bakes because his contract was due, and although I haven't looked into it much, quite likely he's missed and needed on his family's farm out bush, parents not getting any younger etc. Agree with all your other comments.

Feel really let down by DRioli especially; with his family's major, emotive connection to RFC. Also Shai. No-one forced them to sign their lengthy and lucrative deals which they were happy to enjoy until facing some tough years again. Just man up!

Re-uniting with Dimma, having another baby; give me a break. Legacy might well be tarnished.

More confirmation on how much Cornes hates Richmond, what a piece of excrement he is.

Toothless not ruthless: Why AFL clubs need to stop playing nice​

"Where is the ruthless edge that once defined the AFL? Clubs are no longer willing to play hardball on trades, contract negotiations, honest feedback to players or even setting strict training standards.

Instead, we are witnessing a wave of softness and appeasement. Clubs are more interested in keeping everyone happy rather than chasing success at all costs. This shift is evident across the league – and there are a few glaring examples.

Take West Coast’s pursuit of Liam Baker. Baker is out of contract and Richmond will demand a first-round draft pick to close the trade.
But why should West Coast give up anything? Richmond wouldn’t redraft Baker and North Melbourne are unlikely to take him, so they could simply claim Baker for free in the pre-season draft and keep their prized first-round pick.

It would acquire a high-quality player at no cost and send a message to the competition: West Coast will not be pushed around. After three seasons at rock bottom, they would finally be flexing their
muscles.
Instead, West Coast, at risk of offending the rival club or Baker’s management group, will cave in to Richmond’s demands.

The gentle approach is not limited to the West Coast. At Richmond, new coach Adam Yze has also taken a page from the “nice guy” playbook.

Departing chief executive Brendon Gale recently remarked that Yze has “taken a step back” in his first year as coach - no surprise there, considering his tone after some truly dismal performances this season.

The first warning signs came after Richmond was annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine. Consecutive losses followed — a 43-point defeat to Melbourne and a 54-point hammering by Fremantle. But instead of using these humiliations to demand more from his players and to set a standard, Yze chose to satisfy them.
“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.
Really? After three consecutive thrashings, the best he can muster is praise for “trying hard”?
This is not the language of a ruthless leader determined to set high standards.
Yze’s cheerleading approach meant his first season at the helm was a total waste, and it will be hard to change his approach next season with a playing group familiar with his relaxed demeanour.

At Adelaide, coach Matthew Nicks was due to come out of contract at the end of this season.
But the club board was generous in rewarding Nicks with a two-year contract extension at the start of the season because it did not want Nicks to face any scrutiny from the media.
It was another mistake from the underperforming club
."

Sure, he absolutely hates us but, with absolute certainty, we live inside his head totally. We are always the major focus of his attacks and sooky la-la whinges ... that as above, often make no clear sense.

Mostly a heap of green-eyed monster for his own failures and inadequacies along with his dud, under-performing club.

Reactions: 1 user
More confirmation on how much Cornes hates Richmond, what a piece of excrement he is.

Toothless not ruthless: Why AFL clubs need to stop playing nice​

"Where is the ruthless edge that once defined the AFL? Clubs are no longer willing to play hardball on trades, contract negotiations, honest feedback to players or even setting strict training standards.

Instead, we are witnessing a wave of softness and appeasement. Clubs are more interested in keeping everyone happy rather than chasing success at all costs. This shift is evident across the league – and there are a few glaring examples.

Take West Coast’s pursuit of Liam Baker. Baker is out of contract and Richmond will demand a first-round draft pick to close the trade.
But why should West Coast give up anything? Richmond wouldn’t redraft Baker and North Melbourne are unlikely to take him, so they could simply claim Baker for free in the pre-season draft and keep their prized first-round pick.

It would acquire a high-quality player at no cost and send a message to the competition: West Coast will not be pushed around. After three seasons at rock bottom, they would finally be flexing their
muscles.
Instead, West Coast, at risk of offending the rival club or Baker’s management group, will cave in to Richmond’s demands.

The gentle approach is not limited to the West Coast. At Richmond, new coach Adam Yze has also taken a page from the “nice guy” playbook.

Departing chief executive Brendon Gale recently remarked that Yze has “taken a step back” in his first year as coach - no surprise there, considering his tone after some truly dismal performances this season.

The first warning signs came after Richmond was annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine. Consecutive losses followed — a 43-point defeat to Melbourne and a 54-point hammering by Fremantle. But instead of using these humiliations to demand more from his players and to set a standard, Yze chose to satisfy them.
“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.
Really? After three consecutive thrashings, the best he can muster is praise for “trying hard”?
This is not the language of a ruthless leader determined to set high standards.
Yze’s cheerleading approach meant his first season at the helm was a total waste, and it will be hard to change his approach next season with a playing group familiar with his relaxed demeanour.

At Adelaide, coach Matthew Nicks was due to come out of contract at the end of this season.
But the club board was generous in rewarding Nicks with a two-year contract extension at the start of the season because it did not want Nicks to face any scrutiny from the media.
It was another mistake from the underperforming club
."

What a fool. Baker has already said he wants the Clubs to sort something out and will NOT walk to the PSD. He is not a disgruntled player not getting opportunities. So why would Cornes decide to make a point of this when it is not going to happen?? Because he is an utter Dee eye see Kay head. Our season is done and dusted and the finals are underway, with the best I left to compete. Maybe he forgot his old side is actually playing in them?? Why the hell would he still be sooking about us?? FFS….. my son says he lives rent free in my head and that’s true. But we appear to live rent free in his head too. He is an utter goose. My god, imagine the sooking he will perform when we end up with decent picks…’no excuses for Richmond with ALL the early draft picks they have”….. etc,etc,etc. I don’t mind commentators speaking their mind, I always liked Mark McLures unvarnished opinions. Thought “Sellers” was refreshing. But Cornes has this thing about us and on the flip side whatever Port do is all ok. Long term contracts for Taranto and Hopper appalling. Ok for Horne Francis though and ok for Port to pick at the North carcass to get him away. Massive hypocrite. Chad’s ok though.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm loving the Scats v Snort Powder game, after each Scats goal, I tune into SEN to listen to Cornes :banana

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Holmes > Rozee
Is Rozee playing..?

Rozee, Horne, Butters > Kerr, Judd, Cousins, says Barratt

Rozee, Butters, Horne have achieved NOTHING
A bit like Kkkkkkeeeenn

Reactions: 1 user
I'm loving the Scats v Snort Powder game, after each Scats goal, I tune into SEN to listen to Cornes :banana
Has he been critical? Of Port? Or any of their players? Like Charlie Dixon? Possibly the greatest flat track bully of all time. 8 minutes to go. 1 disposal and 6 hit outs…….. Resign him for 3 years?

• Love
Coming round to the view that if Port being humiliated sends Cornes over the edge…go Scats!

Reactions: 4 users
After that performance he should never ever bagg another football club ever again.
He said the selection of Dixon was warranted.
They didn't have anyone else.

Port have soooo many holes
And have nooooo picks.
Good luck when Tassie comes in.
Jones useless