Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

I'm certainly not writing Jack off.
Yeas he does have some shortcomings, in his playing.ie height, pace goal kicking, areas no doubt he is working on and will no doubt improve.
But the criticism I have was from last nights game was more his onfield attitude and demeanor.
Sure, we have young fellas learning the game, coaches game plan etc. I can accept mistakes will be made, turnovers will happen, we'll play well and sh!te in the same game.
But what I find hard to countenance is some of these players that earn good coin, have such *smile* poor attitudes. This they can do something about and needs to ironed out asap.
With so many younger players, the senior players attitude is important.
Jacks 21 1/2, 50+games, even though you wouldn't class him as a veteran, he is among the senior group.
Jack can and will improve.

TigerForce said:
It's been more than just his kicking. Marks dropped, too slow to chase, and possibly other things only the coaches know.

thats one of the best critiques i've heard.
"and possibly other things only the coaches know"
wtf does that mean? does it apply only in the negative? does it apply only to jack?

I love Jack, he is one of my favorites but let me say this.

Last night was attitude. It was all about the attitude with Jack. He failed to show up mentally and because of this, mistakes that shouldn't have been made, were made.

The commentators were spot on last night, I actually said it before they brought it up. Amazing to see the footage at half time after I made the call that Jack hasn't shown up. He simply wasn't with the team last night and I felt let down, as should all the supporters and his fellow teammates.

I can hack having a bad day at the office, but not when it has to do with attitude and not wanting to turn it around. Needs to get that sorted out of his game.

Very disappointed in Jack last night. Bitterly upset by his performance.

Leysy Days said:
Ha Ha Ha this thread is funny.

How many people are there without any idea. Staggering.

Yes, one bad game and the knives are out.

I was extremely disappointed (and surprised) with his attitude last night, given the fact we were in the game for most of it. Hopefully DH throws him the challenge this week against Geelong.

IMO Reiwoldt can be a key forward, he has the height and overhead abiility. He will never be quick but he can work on his aerobic capacity so he can run all day. He definitely has the smarts.

Supporters need to show some patience, when we get some other tall targets reiwoldt will be able to operate under a little less pressure.

He is in some ways like Dan Connors, their attitude is either going to make or break their careers. Jack seems to be capable of so much, but we have to remember maturity and consistency come with age.

I would be more worried with Richard Tambling, he only had 7 disposals last night and half werent effective. Talent or not, thats just not acceptable of a top 5 draft pick.

Brodders17 said:
thats one of the best critiques i've heard.
"and possibly other things only the coaches know"
wtf does that mean? does it apply only in the negative? does it apply only to jack?

What else would it mean? Coaches know our players attitudes, habits and feelings better than we do.

Until it was released or leaked in the press, no-one knew Tambo needed a hypno to somehow play better.

Negative attitude and discipline in our players clearly shows that Wallace & co couldn't give a rats arse about it and now has probably left Dimma with more work than he expected.

Like I said a month ago on the Riewoldt thread:

theglove3 said:
Incredibly lazy footballer.
Many occasions last night was no more than 5 metres from opponent but refused to chase/pressure/harrass. Seems to be a massive "downhill skier".
Also, to miss set shots on a still, balmy night from 30-40 metres little or no angle is dead set "unforgiveable" for a modern day player.
Coburg must be beckoning.

Only difference now is Coburg is no longer just beckoning,

It is screaming and howling!

That half time petulence in the rooms was a disgrace!

Shocking Jack, shocking.
And you want to be the "go to" guy like Richo.

Early start next week with the dewkickers!

Jack is talented player but his output is well below what he should be delivering by now. He prances around like Fevola thinking he is a star but reality is he is a very long way off. He is definately in need of an attitude adjustment and quickly.

Reminded me of a spolit kid last night. It was all about him rather than the team. Not want we need from any player at the moment.

Mr Magic said:
Jack is talented player but his output is well below what he should be delivering by now. He prances around like Fevola thinking he is a star but reality is he is a very long way off. He is definately in need of an attitude adjustment and quickly.

Reminded me of a spolit kid last night. It was all about him rather than the team. Not want we need from any player at the moment.

And how many key tall forwards of the same age have an equal or greater output than Jack?

WesternTiger said:
And how many key tall forwards of the same age have an equal or greater output than Jack?
Exactly. People are expecting way to much from Jack. He has shown plenty to date. He is the least of our worries. Yes his attitude last night could be questioned but that can be fixed. He is pretty much playing as the lone forward in a team struggling to win a game yet could easily end up with 50 goals this year. Not a bad effort I'd say.

Leysy Days said:
Ha Ha Ha this thread is funny.

How many people are there without any idea. Staggering
It's hilarious. Fancy someone resorting to Supercoach stats to defend Jack's tanty last night when those same stats show Tuck way ahead on SC average points per game..... yet same person continually calls Tuck a dud :eek:

Hayfever said:
It's hilarious. Fancy someone resorting to Supercoach stats to defend Jack's tanty last night when those same stats show Tuck way ahead on SC average points per game..... yet same person continually calls Tuck a dud :eek:

Have no idea WTF your talking about, but anyway, by anyone's view Riewoldt carved up one of the best defenders of 2010 just last week. He had a poor game as a 21 y.o leading the forward line. Big deal, totally expected.
Yet Richmond supporters with less than no idea think he should be dropped. Funny stuff.

There is absolutely ZERO chance of him being dropped this week.

As Damien Hardwick said post game "Jack is a terrific leader". But hey, the PRE folk know better. he he.

WesternTiger said:
You taking the p!ss?

If not, I am talking about current players and secondly you have only provided 1 example.

You didn't say"current players".
I can name a few more but they are all past players, guess they don't count. ::)
Point is that there have been a number of forwards who come on, show promise and then fade away due to poor attitude and work ethics.
I'm hoping Jacki isn't going to be another one. But the kid has to pull his finger out and start playing as a team player. This means putting in 100% when thrown into the backline.

Leysy Days said:
Have no idea WTF your talking about, but anyway, by anyone's view Riewoldt carved up one of the best defenders of 2010 just last week. He had a poor game as a 21 y.o leading the forward line. Big deal, totally expected.
Yet Richmond supporters with less than no idea think he should be dropped. Funny stuff.

There is absolutely ZERO chance of him being dropped this week.

As Damien Hardwick said post game "Jack is a terrific leader". But hey, the PRE folk know better. he he.
Jack is a terrific leader on his day would have been a more realistic answer by Harwick.Along with your only as good as your last game.

As others have said - he is not going to be our number one forward in years to come. At 21 he is still a baby. I love his ability to take a good grab but clearly he is quite slow off the mark. He needs to work on his kicking - when he misses - is missing the right hand side continually - bunting the ball a bit. Would think this can be corrected. I am a tad confused on his size - officially Nick Riewoldt is 193 cm & 96kg....Jack is showing at the same height 193 cm - albeit lighter at 87 kg. Nick has been KP for the saints for some time. On this basis - it is not size that is holding Jack back. While we shouldn't expect too much at 21 yo - we should not expect to see the petulant behaviour he displayed against Freo. These are not kids playing for fun on an amateur basis - he must know that his every move will be scrutinised. If I see a repeat in the near future - then he should be dropped. Regardless of where we are on the ladder - do not take what your teamates have done to get the ball into you as your god given right. No-one expects the boy to be outbustling & outmarking when being double & treble teamed - he is no Richo - but his demeanour was bloody ordinary on Sunday. He was lucky not to get into strife when he "was pushed to the ground" by Ballantine......very lucky. He had a guy the size of a jocky giving him a shove & he flopped faster than a fish on the line. Looked very poor indeed.

I suspect that Hardwick will be having a good chat to Jack.

jimbob said:
As others have said - he is not going to be our number one forward in years to come. At 21 he is still a baby. I love his ability to take a good grab but clearly he is quite slow off the mark. He needs to work on his kicking - when he misses - is missing the right hand side continually - bunting the ball a bit. Would think this can be corrected. I am a tad confused on his size - officially Nick Riewoldt is 193 cm & 96kg....Jack is showing at the same height 193 cm - albeit lighter at 87 kg. Nick has been KP for the saints for some time. On this basis - it is not size that is holding Jack back. While we shouldn't expect too much at 21 yo - we should not expect to see the petulant behaviour he displayed against Freo. These are not kids playing for fun on an amateur basis - he must know that his every move will be scrutinised. If I see a repeat in the near future - then he should be dropped. Regardless of where we are on the ladder - do not take what your teamates have done to get the ball into you as your god given right. No-one expects the boy to be outbustling & outmarking when being double & treble teamed - he is no Richo - but his demeanour was bloody ordinary on Sunday. He was lucky not to get into strife when he "was pushed to the ground" by Ballantine......very lucky. He had a guy the size of a jocky giving him a shove & he flopped faster than a fish on the line. Looked very poor indeed.
I suspect that Hardwick will be having a good chat to Jack.

shades of gray diff when ballentine himself went down like he was shot with mcguanes shove