Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

When Richmond were still in the hunt in the match Jacks petulance must have been frustrating for his team mates who were trying their guts out.
This was the second time in two weeks Jack has been put up the back line and has played stupid footy in his short stints there.
Back to the burgers for a month for an attitude readjustment.

btoz_01 said:
What a lot of nonsense how can you drop our only tall forward (Riewoldt) that kicks goals?

As far as I am concerned, if his attitude leaves the coach no other option than to drop him, then he can be dropped. We can't afford the luxury of a petulant CHF. It isn't as if we are winning games, we can lose them just as easily without him.

Gifting players spots no matter what is Wallace-era thinking. We are rebuilding, we can afford damaging our structure in the cause of pulling a player into line.

astbury has had 2 games not 3 years like jack...

Maybe jack is starting to think he is the walk up start and cant be walked over.

I know he isnt big enough to be CHF or FF because I walked past him last weekend at the london tavern and I towered over him. Maybe if I didnt drink so much I coulda hoped to of had the chance he seems to be wasting...

It only take 1 or 2 good seasons fro astbury, rance and griffiths for jack to not be needed... maybe he should try harder and stop diving. he will be the 1st guy rubben out for diving which is a disgrace to our footy club, but nobody seems to care about that.... Such a big forweard getting dropped like that...
PATHETIC

Tigers of Old said:
Not having a crack just wondering who we'll bring in if we drop Riewoldt.

No need to drop Jack. Just keep giving him a bake until he realises. Polak and Morton should be set in attack with him every week.

Tigers of Old said:

We will have to go small. Morton in for Riewoldt and keep Rance up forward. Certainly not ideal, but if Riewoldt forces the selectors' hands in this way I can understand. Be it on his head I guess.

Tigers of Old said:

Agree. Riewoldt needs to be coached and told what is expected of him. But he has to play every week. Even tonight, he misses a couple he should get. Is still on target for 45-55 in a rotten side. Don't forget he arrived as this.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/images/06/draft06-Jack-Riewoldt.jpg

By no means the finished project and has a lot to improve on but I think gets judged very harshly on PRE.

TigerForce said:
No need to drop Jack. Just keep giving him a bake until he realises. Polak and Morton should be set in attack with him every week.

I wouldn't drop him either as I think he's been pretty good this year but he can expect a well aimed rocket from Dimma.
Jack needs to realise whilst he has some talent he has a heck of a long way to go to be considered a good player let alone great.

velo said:
His father, hence the black armbands.

Really? Well there you go.

As a punter, you always forgive a horse one bad run. Things happen, there are reasons. Some people should equate that theory to footy.

Tigers of Old said:
I wouldn't drop him either as I think he's been pretty good this year but he can expect a well aimed rocket from Dimma.
Jack needs to realise whilst he has some talent he has a heck of a long way to go.
Dimma's realising the bad habits in these players over the Wallace years. It's about time something was done about it and at season end I don't care who gets traded or delisted.

No-one's above the team as far as I'm concerned.

thats the problem with richmnond. You get a game for being mediocre. other sides, you earn a game but at richmond you have to earn a few bad games to be dropped.

Jack might of kicked a couple but he wasnt a team player. We are a team at tigerland, he needs a spell.
That was the same as morton last week..

I cant wait til Griffiths and astbury actually start firing (fingers crossed) because guys like reiwoldt and morton maybe polak if hes still there and to a way lesser degree rance (he was good tonight) wont be so bloody happy with themselves and maybe try a bit harder and show some heart

I thought the old tin rattling days were richmonds worst, are we far off???

Crumpet_Avenger said:
I thought the old tin rattling days were richmonds worst, are we far off???

They were the downhill days, now we're at the uphill days.

TigerForce said:
Dimma's realising the bad habits in these players over the Wallace years. It's about time something was done about it and at season end I don't care who gets traded or delisted.

No-one's above the team as far as I'm concerned.

You think we should trade Jack?
He had an off game in comparison with last week but he's arguably the most exciting young key forward in the game atm.
Needs support and coaching but he's not to be traded.

Tigers of Old said:
You think we should trade Jack?
He had an off game in comparison with last week but he's arguably the most exciting young key forward in the game atm.
Needs support and coaching but h's not to be traded.

Coaches know better than us Oldie. I've got faith in this coach.