Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

Mcguanes bump was better & just as dumb. Sure Ballantine accentuated it. He is a Steven Baker/ Stephen Milne type - big mouth & the type of player we would like to see crunched (legally of course). It doesn't excuse Jack taking a dive for mine. He was lucky to not get pinged by the tribunal.

SkunkDen said:
who just saw the vision on fox sports of jack at half time?? disgrace....no wonder he doesnt do things well often enuf, he never bloody listens
Wasn't a good look

I'm not sure why Hardwick would switch him into defence. Is it pure educational? I would think it was a risky exercise seeing we were still in the game.

mb64 said:
Wasn't a good look

Whatever happened all I know is Jack is a young guy who tries very hard (usually up forward) in a very poor side. Give him some credit. By the end of the year he'll have about 50 goals. There are about 15 other players (that played) that should be in the gun before him.

mb64 said:
Wasn't a good look

A 10 second grab out of context could make anyone look bad. Would be interesting to see 5 minutes before and after that clip.

se7en said:
You didn't say"current players".
I can name a few more but they are all past players, guess they don't count. ::)
Point is that there have been a number of forwards who come on, show promise and then fade away due to poor attitude and work ethics.
I'm hoping Jacki isn't going to be another one. But the kid has to pull his finger out and start playing as a team player. This means putting in 100% when thrown into the backline.

No not specifically. But I did say "And how many key tall forwards of the same age have an equal or greater output than Jack?"

Its a good thing this is an issue for all to see IMO - I reckon for any player getting negative press like this -

Hes going to come away better from this and prove any doubters wrong. He will be better from this public kick in the ass.

WesternTiger said:
No not specifically. But I did say "And how many key tall forwards of the same age have an equal or greater output than Jack?"

okay. But the issue i currently see with Jack is when things are going his way he looks good.
Once they don't he seems like he doesn't care / gives up.
like to see him show more fight.

itsintheblood said:
There's a reason why other teams overlooked him. Now we see why. Not a team player.

Teams overlooked him because of his lack of pace.

Leysy Days said:
The biggest over reaction in PRE history.

& that takes some doing.
Well put, we are crying out for an extrovert amongst introverts, a young man who plays with a touch of arrogance, trys to be a leader, has next to no marking big bodys to help, yet continues to crash and bash. On the Jackovich comments when Jack when down back, have no doubt he would have spoiled the ball , however Dea looked to be marking it till Crowley was all over his shoulders, Dea should have got a free

Completely agree with Leysy.

itsintheblood said:
There's a reason why other teams overlooked him. Now we see why. Not a team player.

My god. :eek:

I'd suggest, at the very least, you go back and watch the vision of David Astbury's first AFL goal.

I tell you something,

Jack is a hell of alot better than that other Tasmanian key forward everyone was yelling at us to chase.

What was his name again?

Thorne, ....?

If the Hawkers ever want to challenge us to a Thorpe v Riewoldt debate .........bring it on!

Phantom said:
I tell you something,

Jack is a hell of alot better than that other Tasmanian key forward everyone was yelling at us to chase.

What was his name again?

Thorne, ....?

If the Hawkers ever want to challenge us to a Thorpe v Riewoldt debate .........bring it on!

Would say he's the 2nd best tall taken in his draft behind Tippett Phanton then Frawley 3rd, not bad. Thorp, Gumbleton, Hansen all highly rated juniors taken before him. Thorp gone, Hasen meh, don't think he'll ever become anything too special, don't see it in him. Gumbleton, finally on the park and showing a bit but my god that kid has a shocking ball drop, has a long way to go to catch up to J.Riewoldt too.

Only thing that has concerned me with Riewoldt's game going forward is his lack of pace but it hasn't seemed to stop him so far. Seems to his use superior football brain to his advantage and not to mention if they get close he's a great contested mark.

Barnzy said:
Would say he's the 2nd best tall taken in his draft behind Tippett Phanton then Frawley 3rd, not bad. Thorp, Gumbleton, Hansen all highly rated juniors taken before him. Thorp gone, Hasen meh, don't think he'll ever become anything too special, don't see it in him. Gumbleton, finally on the park and showing a bit but my god that kid has a shocking ball drop, has a long way to go to catch up to J.Riewoldt too.

Only thing that has concerned me with Riewoldt's game going forward is his lack of pace but it hasn't seemed to stop him so far. Seems to his use superior football brain to his advantage and not to mention if they get close he's a great contested mark.

Yep.

My thoughts are that he needs to continue to build his body so that he can use it against opponents to get a break.

Phantom said:
Yep.

My thoughts are that he needs to continue to build his body so that he can use it against opponents to get a break
He's got the ability. Remains to be seen if he has the absolute dedication of Nick R to develop his physical attributes(speed/strength) and kicking accuracy.

To Western Tiger re "key tall forwards of the same age with an equal or greater output"....... I can remember going to the SCG in 1995 to watch a 20 year old from the same neck of the woods as Jack. He'd kicked 27:3 in the first 8 rounds. By the same age as Jack is now he'd kicked 205:116 in 64 games to JR's 67:49 in 51 games.

Nico said:
A 10 second grab out of context could make anyone look bad. Would be interesting to see 5 minutes before and after that clip.

Word from the rooms, he was keen to take a crap and was embarrassed not to let a few early ones rip.
Using his leadership skills, he decided to veer away slightly so as not to impact the concentration of his team mates.

Skills said:
Word from the rooms, he was keen to take a crap and was embarrassed not to let a few early ones rip.
Using his leadership skills, he decided to veer away slightly so as not to impact the concentration of his team mates
Great PR skills there Skills :clap