Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

Barnzy said:
Funny how the nuff nuffs didn't make this thread last week when he dominated Frawley and picked up 18 touches, 9 marks, 5 tackles, 3 goals 4 and a lazy 146 SC points.

Shock horror, 21 year old KPP has an off week. His attitude seemed poor today and I'd expect DH to pull him in line but many people in this thread questioning him making it is just ludicrous. People have very short memories, if he kicks 6 next week everyone will be calling him a superstar again.

Dud, delist!

;D

Barnzy said:
Funny how the nuff nuffs didn't make this thread last week when he dominated Frawley and picked up 18 touches, 9 marks, 5 tackles, 3 goals 4 and a lazy 146 SC points.

Shock horror, 21 year old KPP has an off week. His attitude seemed poor today and I'd expect DH to pull him in line but many people in this thread questioning him making it is just ludicrous. People have very short memories, if he kicks 6 next week everyone will be calling him a superstar again.

nice work barnzy

Barnzy said:

hah! against melbourne? who the hell would celebrate playen well against them? Ill make you a deal. If he kicks 5 on scarlett next week ill take this all back...

You cant just beat up on the crap teams even though we get belted by them...

do it against the proven perfromers....

Crumpet_Avenger said:
hah! against melbourne? who the hell would celebrate playen well against them? Ill make you a deal. If he kicks 5 on scarlett next week ill take this all back...

You don't rate James Frawley? He's one of the best young full backs in the league. As is Tayte Pears who Jack kicked 6 on last year.

Crumpet_Avenger said:

And how many did Brown kick on Frawley yesterday?

Would drop him in a heartbeat after his game last night. And not just because of that disturbing vision in the locker rooms. His attitude stunk last night, especially when he was pulled down back and didnt do what the loose man in defence should do. Jack reads the play well so it was just attitude.

As previous posters have said, contast him to rance or the injured nahas. He let his teamates down tonight in a very winnable game.

I do not think he is a dud, in fact I consider him one of the most talented blokes in the squad. But he must be dropped immediately to send a message.

Matiger said:
I do not think he is a dud, in fact I consider him one of the most talented blokes in the squad. But he must be dropped immediately to send a message.

Could happen but I really doubt it will.
As we have seen with Morton's demotion, if a player isn't following instruction and team rules, Dimma won't suffer fools.

Riewoldt deserves a second chance. He's cocky and arrogant, which has both it's positives and negatives.

Yeah he had a bad game, but he has many more good than bad. So hopefully DH has a hard word with him and gives him a shot to redeem himself with a better attitude.

Agree Jack didn't have such a good night, but can't believe the comments based on the TV vision shown!!

How do you know he hadn't spent the 5 minutes leading up to that vision speaking directly with the coaching staff????

Brian Taylor makes no secret of the fact he doesn't think too highly of the Tigers, so it didn't surprise me to hear his comments after showing that vision - but editing can make things look completely different to how they actually took place.

Ronby said:
Agree Jack didn't have such a good night, but can't believe the comments based on the TV vision shown!!

How do you know he hadn't spent the 5 minutes leading up to that vision speaking directly with the coaching staff????

Brian Taylor makes no secret of the fact he doesn't think too highly of the Tigers, so it didn't surprise me to hear his comments after showing that vision - but editing can make things look completely different to how they actually took place.

Spot on! Was just going to post along those lines. Unless you were privy to what went on before and after that 20 sec clip, you're only guessing. BT had it in for JR last night, got the techs to edit a 20 sec bit of vision and then pompously claims that this "proves my point". Even one of the other commentators said to BT that you don't know what went on before that.

JR had a shocker, and I hope he bounces back next week, but to those who fell hook, line and sinker to this gutter trash....LMAO!

Welcome to Richo's position in the team Jaaaack! Frustrating isn't it?

Jaaack stunk it up a bit last night and he's starting to play like an angry boofhead, losing concentration, not surprising when we struggle to put together one decent qtr of footy per game. Just needs to relax and enjoy playing for the sake of the game instead of trying to take our mediocrity as a personal affront.

Unfortunatly a group of us were watching the game last night and after Jacks efforts /lack of efforts a heated discussion ensued that was started when one of the crew stated thet Jack reminded him of Pettifer, though I dont agree with the statment there are some worrying attitudes seeming to creep into his game, a week or two in the burgers to get his head straight would be a good investment in our most dangerous foward at the present time

Ha Ha Ha this thread is funny.

How many people are there without any idea. Staggering.

Leysy Days said:
Ha Ha Ha this thread is funny.

How many people are there without any idea. Staggering.

It is staggering. For years I have defended Richmond supporters. Maybe I have been wrong all along. Absolute dopes. One bloke thinks Cotchin is one of 2 major flaws in our team.

Jack will not be our "Key Forward" in years to come. As we all know, Griffiths and Astbury are the big boys on our list to fill this role. Jack should be and will be our 3rd/4th forward and will flourish in this role. He is relatively easy pickings for opposition coaches who know JR is our only "genuine" option up forward, and hence gets the best 1 or 2 defenders. LOL at those who are judging him as a KPF, talking about his lack of pace and running ability. He's 21 years old and no doubt still developing in a side that lacks class and delivery. People on here are making out that every forward player must be able to run 100m in 9 seconds and have a kicking for goal efficiency of 99%.

Yes, he had a shocker last night and will probably have a few more before the year's out but last night he didn't even have Moreton beside him, let alone another big KPP. His attitude wasn't good and I'd have no problem sending him back to coburg however to write him off at this stage is laughable...

Interesting game from Riewoldt in that we probably saw more aspects of his game than previously seen - both good and bad.

Let me say first of all that I love Riewoldt's competitiveness, both when he has the ball and when he doesn't.

Last night's game brought back memories of when Francis and I discussed him in his draft year, about 2 or 3 months before the ND. It was not long after the Tassie VFL game.

Both of us agreed that Riewoldt's competitiveness, his leap & marking and enthusiasm were his major attributes.

However, our concerns were that he didn't have explosive pace and that he may be two or three inches short of a no.1 or 2 key forward. We agreed that he certainly was tall enough to play as a key defender, but this would depend on how flexible his mind could be towards playing the game in a different way than he had as a junior.

I remember early in Jack's time at Richmond that Wallace tried to swing him into playing a key defensive role, I gather from what Francis would have passed onto him.
Unfortunately, the flexibility in Riewoldt's mind wasn't there, and he just couldn't mentally cope not playing the key forward's role.

Since then Riewoldt has progressed well as a key forward, even considering his lack of an extra yard of pace, and that his goal kicking can go wonky when he is out of breath. He has progressed well as a forward, given his few years in the system. He attacks the ball well, and puts pressure on defenders when they have the ball.

Last night reminded me that if Jack could only have the flexibility of mind to see himself as an adaptable player who can play both key defender and key forward with equal applomb, say like a Terry Daniher type, it would make him a more valuable player for the RFC.

Unfortunately when the coach sent him back into defense, his mind went in a negative direction again. Fortunately he did pull himself back into line towards the end of the game.

I hope readers aren't thinking that I'm putting Jack down because I think he is an excellent player for us, given his age.

But if he can mentally open himself up to being a more diverse, flexible player over the whole of the ground, he may become an even better player.

This will need to occur especially when junior boys such as Astbury & Griffiths get a few years & maturity into their bodies, and will take the main key forward positions, CHF & FF away from Jack. Faster players than Jack will play on the forward flanks and, so for his own benefit, he needs to become a more flexible player.

Learning how to be a defender isn't easy. It takes years to be a dependable one, and no-one would expect Riewoldt to pick it up in one, two or even three games. But if he can open himself up to have a real go at it, in patches of the game when the ball may not be getting up forward easily, he can open up further opportunities for himself and become an even better player.