Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

beat me to it TOO :hihi. What did you think of his game holy dough-boy? Not too many 21 year olds take monster pack marks, outnumbered 3-1 and stick it through at a crucial time of a match (Jon Brown springs to mind).

BTW, some nice pack marking efforts from the skinny midget who'll never make a KPP yesterday hey? :hihi

That last pack mark and goal when the game was on the line, was the best thing i have seen from Jack in his career to date. He has always shown he has the talent...but yesterday was a really strong demanding POWER FORWARD performance. Get this guy a cpl of foils - i.e. griffiths and astbury - and he is going to be a superstar of the competition.

tha8ball said:
That last pack mark and goal when the game was on the line, was the best thing i have seen from Jack in his career to date.

Agree.... when he took that mark I couldn't stop laughing from absolute joy. I couldn't believe he took it, and slotted the goal. Was the best individual act I've seen from a Tiger player since Bowden's winning goal a couple of years back.

Good mark for a half forward Flanker (Not). When will these people who keep coming up with the rubbish about him not being big enough to hold down a key post eat some humble pie

Jack's mark was right up there with Richo's finest.
The lad knows how to play and I get the feeling he's a gonna be a big game player.
In a few years time, with a little help from one of Astbury, Griffiths, Post and a resting Vickery/Graham/Browne, he's going to give opposition defenders nightmares.

It was a great mark yesterday but he isn't going to be able to outmark 3 on 1 that often. He needs more help from another KPF up there, I am hoping Griffiths will be the answer.

He played for the free kick on 3 occasions instead of trying to make a contest yesterday. One he got away with and was rewarded for acting but the other 2 times were pathetic. He needs to make a contest every time.. cos when it doesnt work it makes him look like a soft fool!

He was good overall yesterday & the good outweighed the bad by quite a bit I thought.

Positives: Took some excellent marks. Really strong grabs & kicked well for goal - wasn't bunting his kicks to the right. Did a SMOTHER !! I Nearly jumped out of my chair when he did that & thought..gee..is that a sign that he is starting to understand that the second efforts....1 percenters are just as important as taking a mark? Chased hard on more than once occasion.

Negatives: Went up for 2-3 totally unrealistic marks & gave frees away as a result - which allowed Hawthorn a easy clearance from defence. He wasn't even remotely close. Still went halfheartedly on a couple of chases.

Overall was a very good game & I hope to see more of it from him. He was in my best.

I still feel he may not end up being our number one forward & that is what we are pinning our hopes on with Griffiths. If the kid (Griffiths) is as good as they say he may be - then Jack will be a better player again for him taking the number one defender.

I have been away for 3 weeks and it seems like the only thing Jack hasn't caught is a cold.

This thread makes some pretty funny reading.

The boy is a star, freakish ability and a contested marking star.

Making the leap right in front of our eyes.

he he, the first few pages on this thread were funny at the time & even funnier now.

Plenty of egg on some faces. ;D