Jack R doesnt pay attention | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack R doesnt pay attention

Barnzy said:
Would say he's the 2nd best tall taken in his draft behind Tippett Phanton then Frawley 3rd, not bad. Thorp, Gumbleton, Hansen all highly rated juniors taken before him. Thorp gone, Hasen meh, don't think he'll ever become anything too special, don't see it in him. Gumbleton, finally on the park and showing a bit but my god that kid has a shocking ball drop, has a long way to go to catch up to J.Riewoldt too.

Only thing that has concerned me with Riewoldt's game going forward is his lack of pace but it hasn't seemed to stop him so far. Seems to his use superior football brain to his advantage and not to mention if they get close he's a great contested mark.

He ain't Lewis Jetta, but he certainly ain't Ryan O'Conner either. The important thing is, he fast enough for a CHF. He'd be as fast as most CHFs. They can't all be Richo/ Buddy/ Nick Rs.

I didn't see the incident of the topic, but fair dinkum, Paul Van Der Haar and KB would have been banished to the Ovens and Murray league by these standards.

"Jack Riewoldt has attracted some media criticism in the early part of this season, which we think is unfair. It’s worth pointing out that Jack is still only 21 and has played just over 50 games of AFL football. We’re asking him to be the linchpin of our forward line and I think he’s doing a good job in the circumstances.

He battles his heart out each week for us, and has managed to kick 13 goals in the opening six rounds of the season. Those media critics just don’t understand the leadership qualities Jack possesses as a young man."

As per Craig Cameron. This tells what the club thinks on the biggest overreaction leysy has seen on pre. The softo's claiming he should be dropped on here (ha ha ha) should take note.

Jack needs to keep doing what he's doing. He'll be Vice to Chimp when he takes over ILO.

It's funny reading through this thread and seeing the feeding frenzy on Jack going from a comment on his attitude to why he shouldnt have been drafted.

On the whole Jack is underperforming but then he does have 21 team-mates in that boat. I doubt whether replacing him with Polak will leave us off any better.

tigertim said:
It's funny reading through this thread and seeing the feeding frenzy on Jack going from a comment on his attitude to why he shouldnt have been drafted.

On the whole Jack is underperforming but then he does have 21 team-mates in that boat. I doubt whether replacing him with Polak will leave us off any better.

What??

FYI

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&Compare=Go&PlayerName1=Tom+Hawkins&PlayerName2=Kurt+Tippet&PlayerName3=Jack+Riewoldt&PlayerName4=Scott+Gumbleton&SelectedPlayers=

tigertim said:

Wouldnt replace Jack with Polak? I thought youd have Jack at CHF and Polak at FF.

lamb22 said:
What??

FYI

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&Compare=Go&PlayerName1=Tom+Hawkins&PlayerName2=Kurt+Tippet&PlayerName3=Jack+Riewoldt&PlayerName4=Scott+Gumbleton&SelectedPlayers=

I said "on the whole". I didnt say "compared to Gumbleton, Hawkins et al".

btoz_01 said:
Wouldnt replace Jack with Polak? I thought youd have Jack at CHF and Polak at FF.

I didnt recommend the proposed swap, someone else did in an earlier post.

tigertim said:
I said "on the whole". I didnt say "compared to Gumbleton, Hawkins et al".

Still what???

21 year old carrying an attack with limited inside 50s. Had he kicked a bit straighter he'd be going at 3 goals a game.

How about this one?

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&Compare=Go&PlayerName1=&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=1526%2C389%2C327%2C1751%2C

I really have no idea what planet some posters are on. I compared jack with other poster boys his age and he is clealry outperforming all of them by some considerable margin and then I compared him with the last two coleman medallists and cousin Nick, which shows he has taken more marks and made more tackles than all of them, and had the equal top number of kicks and has a similar performance rating. Had he kicked a bit straighter he would have outperformed all bar his cuz.

Jack has blossomed, his best is good enough and better for Senior level.
He just switches off sometimes.

Now, fixing that is the $64,000 dollar question!

:help

lamb22 said:
Still what???

21 year old carrying an attack with limited inside 50s. Had he kicked a bit straighter he'd be going at 3 goals a game.

How about this one?

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2010&Compare=Go&PlayerName1=&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=1526%2C389%2C327%2C1751%2C

I really have no idea what planet some posters are on. I compared jack with other poster boys his age and he is clealry outperforming all of them by some considerable margin and then I compared him with the last two coleman medallists and cousin Nick, which shows he has taken more marks and made more tackles than all of them, and had the equal top number of kicks and has a similar performance rating. Had he kicked a bit straighter he would have outperformed all bar his cuz.

Yeah, I agree.

if this so called KPP is going to be any good at all, he should kick a bag this week. If he doesnt and he doesnt show any improvement in his attitude, goodbye for a few weeks. I really hope that he does do well.

But just maybe he needs a little reminder there are other younger and potentially better forwards on the list..

Time to start performing Jack

Crumpet_Avenger said:
If he doesnt and he doesnt show any improvement in his attitude, goodbye for a few weeks.

I missed the game against Geelong Crumpet, did he misbehave at Kardinia Park too?

Crumpet_Avenger said:
if this so called KPP is going to be any good at all, he should kick a bag this week. If he doesnt and he doesnt show any improvement in his attitude, goodbye for a few weeks. I really hope that he does do well.

But just maybe he needs a little reminder there are other younger and potentially better forwards on the list..

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
OMG. that was funny. OMG.

WesternTiger said:

It's pretty mind-boggling, eh Western?

You know I never thought I'd see anyone tear old clawsy a new one! :frustration
Perhaps a little unfair on claw though as he would often raise some interesting points...

Crumpet_Avenger said:

Time to stop posting crumpet. You're just showing you don't know jack.

OK we know you don't like Jack but give it a rest

Crumpet_Avenger said:

This guys the new spanish prisoner...seriously though mate, you have no idea. If JR wasn't in the team last week I doubt we wouldve kicked a goal.

And who are these "other younger and potentially better forwards on the list" that we have?

Crumpet_Avenger said:

Complete dud. Hasn't done a thing so far this year and that is reflected in his current standing in the PRE player of the year award! :blah

Crumpet_Avenger said:

Just on that if we get killed in the midfield and the ball doesn't get down there and when it does the delivery is terrible would that still count against Jack?