Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

I thought any time the ball went down there with purpose that Jack looked dangerous. Not sure why people cant see the guys talent.

wigglyworm said:
I thought any time the ball went down there with purpose that Jack looked dangerous. Not sure why people cant see the guys talent.

agree WW not that hard to see....

Jack has talent, but not enough to be a gun; perhaps a solid HFF.
We'd desperately like him to be a gun cos we need a couple or ten.
But his form is already exposed, for mine.
Those on KPP gun-watch should switch their sights and hopes to Astbury, Griffiths and Taylor.

for me jack is coming along fine..as is morton..its hard to be critical when the balls not coming down to them often,..and whn it does its being slowly dribbled around the boundary..they both kicked 30 plus goals last year,which was fine considering....
along with nahas its a reasonble support group for when we do finally find us a full and centre half foward..

17 said:
Jack has talent, but not enough to be a gun; perhaps a solid HFF.
We'd desperately like him to be a gun cos we need a couple or ten.
But his form is already exposed, for mine.
Those on KPP gun-watch should switch their sights and hopes to Astbury, Griffiths and Taylor.

MMMmmm, the expectation for Jack to be a gun is rising then. I'd be happy for him to be B.Gale type of success story, and believe he will be all of that. I hope he becomes a gun forward, and he has the skills (kicking needs an improve though).

Look back into the thread and you will see he has stats no worse that Jonathon Brown, so to call him out or in is premature, whichever way you look at it.

Jack needs a big reality check. Hard work and team orientated football earn you respect not showboating and thinking you it and a bit.

Jack is 21 he had a bad game it happens imagine how he must be feeling to have something that was a nothing blown all out of proportion by BT the buff(big ugly fat smiler) and then taken on y the supporters.

thegdog said:
I am slowly running out of patience with Jack, just hope this year is his defining season and our faith is repaid. I am frustrated that he has not bulked up again this year when that it is clearly what he needs to do to take his game to another level. For gods sake he is the same height as cousin Nick! In the 3 month off season he should have worked his guts out and transformed his chicken arms into 20 inch pythons and turn himself into an imposing figure. Anyway hopefully jack becomes the player we think he can be and he thinks he is.

I feel sorry for him.

The pressure he must be under as both a young player and arguably our best forward must be quite intense.

He has a lot of responsibility on the field for a young player.

Will be better if another KPF steps up this year - Astbury or Griffiths maybe??

I agree he should have a better attitude sometimes but he has done well to get where he is.

he is 1st for goals, 1st for marks, 2nd for kicks, 2nd for tackles, 3rd for inside 50's and 4th for contested possessions for Richmond so far this season.

For a lazy footballer, he's doing alright!!!

I don't think Jack is lazy.
He just finds it easier to get into Cruise Control.
I don't think he is arrogant.
I just think he doesn't realize that he is giving that impression.

I think it's a bit unfair people saying Astbury is going to be better than Jack. From memory Jack on debut kicked 3 goals aswell and took a coulple of big marks. Astbury's 3 goals on debut were good but i didn't see him impose himself by taking many contested grabs. Just saying I think Jack's first game was better than Astbury's but hopefully both turn out good.

cant wait til griffiths and astbury start playen well. put preassure on jack and maybe he will then get the kick up the pants he neds. so far ahead of himself its not funny.

Oppostition players must laugh at jack when he mouths off and struts.

Your a full forward at a bottom club coz there is no1 else jack, not because u r good.

Put some more work in on ya body and ya brain, maybe if you do we will go further, i doubt it because i really doubt u are a topliner but hope you prove me otherwise

bowden4president said:
he is 1st for goals, 1st for marks, 2nd for kicks, 2nd for tackles, 3rd for inside 50's and 4th for contested possessions for Richmond so far this season.

For a lazy footballer, he's doing alright!!!

Just needs to improve his set shot kicking for goal and he`ll be a beauty.

Crumpet_Avenger said:
cant wait til griffiths and astbury start playen well. put preassure on jack and maybe he will then get the kick up the pants he neds. so far ahead of himself its not funny.

Oppostition players must laugh at jack when he mouths off and struts.

Your a full forward at a bottom club coz there is no1 else jack, not because u r good.

Put some more work in on ya body and ya brain, maybe if you do we will go further, i doubt it because i really doubt u are a topliner but hope you prove me otherwise
Geez crumpet! After a spray like that you'd really look stupid if Jaaack proved you wrong.
Just to highlight the stupidity of your spray, just stop and consider for a moment that Griffiths and Astbury do develop and start to play well. Don't you think there would be a slim possibility of them taking pressure of Jaaack thereby making it easier for Jaaack to also play well?