Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

gustiger12 said:
Half the problem is us. We seem to have expectations that these guys will perform week in week out and will emulate the feats of Royce Hart at 18 years of age.

Nothing wrong with setting high standards gussie.
Hardwick ultimately wants our players to have mainly good games with the odd poor one.
Currently our players lack that consistency and Jack is one of them. He needs to aspire to greater heights.
I think he will get there but there's no free tickets under Dimma. All players(young or old) will be more accountable in 2010.

Phar Ace said:
Good man bygolly! I should share the Presidency with you ;D

All this crit of Jack is so incrediably premature. As has been shown, he is tracking very nicely, with the only excpetion being his kicking, but be sure he is working on that. He is poised to make a lot a people eat their cyber words!

Maybe you could deputize me PA. Ive been one of JR's biggest fans since he was kicking 65m goals in tassie and I'll happily ride alongside, should you need in cyber-assistance with our Kombie-driven charge ;D

Jack is going along fine. All we really need is consistency. He should be aiming to kick 50 goals this year (2.2 per game). That is not a big ask from a 4th year KEY FORWARD.

He is 193cm some are saying 194cm and easily big enough to be KP. IMO he takes a great pack mark and has loads of courage. The quicker Griffiths comes along the more it will help Jack. Having the 200cm 100kg monster at FF will mean Jack is playing second fiddle and will be kicking plenty more goals.

However I think the main beneficiary out of all this will be Morton. He is a gun and we no longer be getting trounced by a KP defender. At 187 cm he is currently playing FF. Expect Morton and Riewoldt to thrive off more tall support.

Morton and Riewoldt will kick 100 goals between them this season I reckon.

Nothing wrong with young Jaaack! that a decent game plan and competent delivery from our midfield wont fix. He's a seriously smart footballer.

Because he showed little in a Intra-club means nothing.

We all know what he's capable of & IMO we'll see it very shortly.

He know's it too.

waiting since 80 said:
Lets review this thread after rd22, i'm pretty confident that we will be talking in praises of of Jack ;).

Sorrry my mistake :-[...after watching him 1st half against the hawks :brickwall i think the heading of this thread says it all.

tbartiger said:
:clap
Agree wholeheartedly. A bit of arrogance and personality wont go astray. Hart, Brereton and Carey were considered to be arrogant as well, and no I dont think he will be as good as them. Let him grow into his arrogance, if its stripped away from him by the coaching staff I dont think he will reach his potential.

My bad.

For someone who like's to bark the instructions, young Jack has to have a SERIOUS good look in the mirror!!

Whilst we definately need in addition of class into our forward line.

It is near impossible to make any stamp on the game when your team has a paltry 34 entries.

As much as i like him, but maybe hes a player that will only get the message that he needs to do more - by dropping him out of firsts for a period of time.

as a fan he did look lazy last night.

Leysy Days said:
Whilst we definately need in addition of class into our forward line.

It is near impossible to make any stamp on the game when your team has a paltry 34 entries.

Totally agree.

Funny how he looked dangerous in the last quarter when the ball was moved quickly through the corridor. He is a clever footballer is Jack, give him space an he will kick goals.

Not even Buddy can kick goals when the ball is chipped around the boundary.

tigerdave said:
For someone who like's to bark the instructions, young Jack has to have a SERIOUS good look in the mirror!!

That's being my criticism of him for sometime now. He's got to stop playing like a receiver and start attacking the ball a bit more (just like Richo did). Too often he looks too quiet in attack.